JIPMER PG 2020 will be starts after the result of publications. The qualified candidates in the entrance exam will be called for document verification. For MD/MS courses counselling will be done in four stages whereas for DM/MCH courses it will be one day process. Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduation Entrance exam is conducted twice a year at the National level for those seeking to take the admission in the Postgraduation courses in MD(Doctor of Medicine) & MS (Master of Surgery) and speciality programmes in DM(Doctorate of medicine) & MCH. Qualified aspirants can check the other details regarding the counselling in the below article.
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling Dates
The crucial dates regarding the counselling of JIPMER PG 2020 are mentioned below when the candidates have to appear at the assigned venue for verification:
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling Dates (MD/MS Courses)
|OPH/Foreign Nationals/Sponsored (Tentative)||26 December 2020 ( 08:00 AM)|
|First Counselling (Tentative)||27 December 2020 ( 80:00 AM)|
|Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc...)||30 December 2020|
|Second Counselling (Tentative)||08 January 2020 ( 08:00 AM)|
|Third Counselling (Tentative)||05 February 2020 ( 08:00 AM)|
|Final Counselling (Tentative)||26 February 2020 ( 08:00 AM)|
|For DM/MCH Courses|
|Certificate Verification & Payment of Admission Fees||24 December 2020|
|Medical Examination||30 December 2020|
Stay connected to know exact dates of JIPMER PG 2020 counselling.
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling
The Counselling will be done in the following process for JIPMER PG 2020:
- The list of candidates who have qualified the entrance exam should report at the venue as per the date and time mentioned in the website at the time of declaration of results.
- Biometric fingerprint and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is any mismatch, the applicant will NOT be permitted to appear in the counselling.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates in original along with one set of self- attested copies at the time of MD/MS and DM/MCH courses counselling:
- Original Hall Ticket with the seal of the Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Certificate showing the date of birth
- MBBS Mark Statement
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- MBBS Degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- MD/MS/DNB Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate.
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate.(Permanent Medical Registration Certificate should be produced at the time of joining the course). The candidates from Andhra Pradesh have to produce a letter (in his/her name) from the Andhra Pradesh Medical Council stating that his/her original registration certificate has been retained and a photocopy of the Registration Certificate issued by Andhra Pradesh Medical Council is acceptable.
- Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar or AADHAR card or Voter ID or Passport copy.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Certificate from the last studied Institute, stating that the degree obtained by him/her from that Institute is recognized by MCI.
- Service holders should produce NOC / Relieving Order and a certificate granting study leave with or without pay as the case may be.
- Medical Certificate (Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates).
- Proof of Registration as OCI (in case of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Passport size colour photo – 4 photos.
- The discrepancy in the caste certificate shall entail cancellation of registration even after admission to the course.
- An adequate number of candidates shall be called from merit list from all the categories so that Roster Point is not blocked for lack of attendance.
Note - If the candidates’ Image and Certificates are found in order, Biometric fingerprint he/she will be ineligible to attend the counselling. Original or Bonafide certificates should be produced at the time of counselling otherwise he/she will NOT be entertained to participate in counselling.
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling for MD/MS courses
Eligibility for Subsequent Counselling for JIPMER PG 2020 (MD/MS Courses
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counselling will not be excluded from appearing in the second & third counselling.
- Second counselling will be held only when seats will be vacant.
- A candidate who is present for the first counselling but does not opt/exercise the option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counselling.
- An aspirant who is present for the first or second counselling but does not exercise the option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend the third counselling.
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counselling will be available for the final counselling to be held in the last week of February 2020.
- All candidates who are eligible for inclusion in the merit list can attend the final counselling irrespective of their previous attendance.
NOTE - In case, ST seat remains vacant then this seat will be made available to the eligible General Category candidate. Similarly, in case the OBC/SC/Institute/OPH/PwD category seat remains vacant then this vacant seat shall be made available and filled by the eligible General Category candidate.
Bona-Fide Certificate for MD/MS Counselling
Candidates who will participate in the counselling with a certificate that "their original certificates are deposited with the Institute / College / University" will be allowed to participate in counselling under the following situations:
- A Letter / Document signed by the Principal / Dean mentioning the exact date of admission and list of the original certificates retained in that College / Institution.
- The fee receipt for the admission issued by the college.
- Self-Attested photocopies of all Certificates retained in the college/university are to be submitted.
- A Bona-fide Certificate Deposit (BCD) for Rs 50,000/- as Bank DD drew in favour of The Director, JIPMER, has to be submitted along with the bonafide certificate.
- A candidate attending the counselling with only bonafide certificate, taking up a seat available at his / her rank in the counselling, has to submit the original certificate within five working days from the date of counselling, failing which they will forfeit the Bona-fide certificate Deposit of Rs 50,000/- and their claim for the seat offered in the counselling stands cancelled automatically.
- Upon such candidates who have attended the counselling with a bonafide certificate and subsequently have submitted the original certificates on time and admitted to the course, their Bona-fide certificate will be returned to him/her at the end of the course.
- In case of candidates whose original certificates are retained by any Central/State Govt. authority as a part of any bond fulfilment, a Bona-fide Certificate Deposit of Rs 50,000/- has to be submitted for counselling/admission purposes.
JIPMER PG 2020 Admission
The information about the admission process to various PG courses are given below:
For MD/MS Course and DM/MCH Courses
First Counseling is scheduled to be held on 27 December 2020 for MD/MS courses.
Course once selected will be final and the course fee of Rs 17,960/- has to be paid while counselling. The receipt has to be shown at the time of collecting the admission order.
- If a candidate wants to withdraw his/her seat (before the issue of admission order or before joining) a penalty of Rs 50,000/- has to be paid and also fees will not be refunded (unless he/she is found medically disqualified).
- No Travelling and Dearence Allowances will be paid to any category candidate.
- Admission is based on the merit of the candidates and the availability of seats at the time of certificate verification. After admission, the Original Certificates will be retained in the Academic Section and returned only after the candidate completes the course or is relieved mid-way for any reason.