Odisha Polytechnic Admission 2020 Result will be displayed on the official website of Directorate of Technical Education & Training (DTE&T), Odisha based on the performance of qualifying examination degree. The first merit list publication will be on 27 September for 3rd (LE) and on 30 September 2020 for 1st semester 2020. The category Wise Merit Rank will be released for admission to 1st-semester Diploma Engineering Courses Non-Engineering, Film & TV, and courses under the Part-Time programme and 3rd-semester Diploma Engineering (Lateral Entry). Those who have applied can go through the complete article to know more about the Odisha Polytechnic 2020 merit list.
Odisha Polytechnic Admission 2020 Result Dates
The applicants can check Odisha Polytechnic 2020 Merit List schedule below in the given table:
For Odisha Polytechnic / Diploma Admission 2020
Odisha Diploma Admission 2020 Merit list Schedule
|Events||3rd Semester (LE) dates||1st Semester/1st Year dates|
|Verification of merit list ||26 September 2020||29 September 2020|
|Merit list Publication ||27 September 2020||30 September 2020|
|Last date of choice filling by eligible applicants||27 September to 29 September 2020||30 September to 03 October 2020|
Stay connected to the page to know more exact dates for Diploma courses admission result.
How to check Odisha Polytechnic Admission 2020 Result / Merit List?
The candidates will able to check the Odisha Diploma admission 2020 merit list by following the below steps:
- Step 1 - Visit the official website of DTE&T.
- Step 2 - Click on the link given to check the merit list.
- Step 3 - Enter the login details and submit.
- Step 4 - A Pdf will be displayed on the screen with the selected candidates' details.
Odisha Polytechnic Admission 2020 Result / Merit List
The candidates can check merit list details hearby;
- One “General Merit List” for all candidates will be released for admission to Diploma Engineering / Technology courses.
- In addition, separate Merit lists will also be drawn for candidates qualifying under each of the reservation categories.
- Another merit list will be drawn for ITI / +2 Vocational candidates for lateral admission.
- A merit list will be drawn for +2 Science with PCM for lateral entry.
- Separate merit list of all qualifying candidates for Non-Engineering courses shall be drawn.
- Separate merit list of all qualifying candidates for Film & TV courses shall be drawn by giving additional weightage to the NCC cadets, candidates having higher qualification and to sports applicants.
|'A' Certificate - NCC candidates||2%|
|'B' Certificate - NCC candidates||3%|
|'C' Certificate - NCC candidates||5%|
|Higher Qualification||5% will be added for graduate and post-graduate candidates in any discipline. |
|Sports||15% for the candidates who have represented the State/University team in the sports events.|
- For Z- Domicile:
- A separate merit list will be drawn for candidates of other states to take admission in 1st-semester diploma Engineering / Non- Engineering courses. 15% seats are reserved for “Z-Domicile” which is applicable to Private Polytechnics / Engineering Schools only.
- A separate merit list will be drawn for those who will have a certificate of qualifying examination from Institute having approval from the competent authority will be allowed to get admitted in 3rs Sem LE courses and they will be allowed to take admission in the remaining vacant seats, if any, after the state merit list is fully exhausted.
- For L- Domicile:
- Separate merit list for admission to 1st semester will be drawn for L candidates for admission to seats reserved for them. However, they will also be included in the merit list of Z candidates.
Odisha Polytechnic Admission 2020 Inter-Se-Merit
If the two or more then two candidates will have equal marks in qualifying examination then the authority will follow below criteria to break the tie-breaking rule:
For admission to 1st Semester Diploma in Engg./ Technology, Non-Engg. (Beauty Culture only) and Part-Time:
- The candidate's Mathematics marks will be compared, more marks will be placed at a higher rank.
- If the ties still persist, a higher percentage of marks in Science will be given a priority.
- If the above criteria will fail then English marks will be compared & one who will have more marks will be rank higher.
- Lastly, if all the above criteria will fail then the older in age will be given a priority.
For admission to the 1st Semester/ Year Diploma in Non-Engineering:
- An applicant with higher marks in English will be selected.
- If ties will still persist, then the senior one will be given a higher rank.
For admission to 3rd Semester (LE) Diploma in Engineering:
- For 02 years ITI passed candidates:
- The candidate having more marks in Trade Theory will be placed at a higher rank.
- If ties still persist, the senior in age will be placed at a higher rank.
- For (+2) Vocational (2 years) in Engineering Trade passed candidates:
- The candidate who will have more aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Basic Science Foundation course will be placed at a higher rank.
- If the above criteria will fail then the older in age will be selected for further process.
- For (+2) Science with PCM passed candidates:
- Higher marks in Physics will be placed at a higher rank.
- If both will have equal marks in Physics, Chemistry marks will be considered for admission.
- Applicant securing higher percentage of marks in Mathematics will be placed at a higher rank.
- If all the above fails then senior one will be given higher rank then the younger ones.