PESSAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria is set by PES University, Bangalore, Karnataka who conducts the People's Education Society Scholastic Aptitude Test annually. PESSAT is the gateway for admission in UG and PG programmes offered by University. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria of PEESAT 2023 before applying. The application of those candidates whose form has any discrepancy will be rejected. The candidates can check this page for more details related to the PESSAT 2023 eligibility criteria.
PESSAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the PESSAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the entrance test. University offers a lot, of course, such as BBA, BBA-HEM, B.Arch, MBA, MCA, M.Arch, B.Tech, etc. and eligibility for appearing in the exam of a particular course is different. The eligibility criteria and admission procedure for each course are given below in detail:
PESSAT Eligibility for B.Tech
The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) is given hereby:
- Candidates should have a complete class 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Maths and Chemistry/Computer Science/Electronics/Biotechnology with 60% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
- Test Scores in PESSAT (National level exam) or KCET (State level exam) required.
- Candidate has to appear for either PESSAT/KCET or both by registering themselves and participate through counselling to compete for a merit seat based on PESSAT/ KCET rank.
PESSAT Eligibility for BBA/BBA-HEM
The eligibility criteria for the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)/BBA-Hospitality & Event Management (BBA-HEM) is given below:
- Candidates should have completed a 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- The candidates have to appear for the PESSAT examination post which they will be asked to attend the interview.
- Candidates successful in the interview will be called for the counselling process.
PESSAT Eligibility for B.Des
Eligibility for appearing in the PESSAT exam for Bachelor of Design (B.Des) is given below:
- Aspirants should have completed a 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board in any stream with at least a minimum of 50% mark. OR
- Candidates should have scored at least 50% aggregate marks in a 3-year diploma with English as a mandatory subject.
- Also, they need to have a test score in PESSAT & UCEED.
- Candidates will have to appear in PESSAT 2020 followed by an interview on the same day of the test on campus.
- If a candidate is applying through a UCEED score then they have to register for PESSAT but there is no need to take the test.
PESSAT Eligibility for BCA and B.Com
Eligibility criteria for appearing in the exam for Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is given hereby:
- Applicants must have completed a 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates should take the PESSAT entrance test at PES University Ring Road campus (BCA) and at PES University Hanumanth Nagar Campus (B.COM).
- The candidates can proceed with admission.
PESSAT Eligibility for B.Arch
The eligibility criteria for the Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) is given below:
- Candidates should have completed passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. OR
- Candidates who have passed the 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible for the exam.
- Also, a 50% overall score in NATA/JEE Main (Paper 2) is required.
- PES University also provides admission through KCET counselling.
- The candidates have to upload their NATA/JEE Main score once they get it along with their 12th/ 2nd PU scores.
- Ranks will be announced by the PES University based on the uploaded ranks and scores and counselling will conduct based on these ranks.
- If candidates are appearing through KCET score then they have to attend counselling at KCET cell and get admission order to our University for admissions.
PESSAT Eligibility for BBA LLB
Eligibility for appearing for Bachelor of Law (BBA, LLB - 5 Year Integrated Law Program) is given hereby:
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent in any stream from a recognized board and shall have secured a minimum of 45% marks (44.5% and above shall be treated as 45%) of total marks in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants who belong to SC/ST category should have scored at least 40% marks (39.5% and above shall be treated as 40%) of total marks.
- It is mandatory to have CLAT or PESSAT or LSAT-India score.
- Candidates have to register for PESSAT and take the test and attend the interview on the same day of the test on the ring road campus.
- The candidates having a valid CLAT/LSAT -India score just has to register for PESSAT and appear for the interview session conducted by the university.
PESSAT Eligibility for MBA
The eligibility criteria for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) is given below:
- Must have secured at least 60% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University.
- Candidates with test Scores in PESSAT, PGCET, MAT, CMAT, CAT, GMAT, GRE are also eligible.
- Candidates can apply for admission either through PESSAT/ MAT (if above 500 composite score)/ CAT (if above 50th percentile)/ CMAT (if above 50th percentile)/ GMAT/ GRE scores.
- In the above cases, candidates have to attend GDPI at PES University Ring Road Campus and only if they clear GDPI along with a valid entrance test score can they proceed with admissions.
- Candidates who have registered for PESSAT or selected PES University in option entry during MAT registration will automatically get a call from PES for GDPI sessions.
- Whereas, other candidates should approach the University for GDPI dates.
- Candidates appearing through PGCET should get the admission order from the PGCET cell after attending counselling.
PESSAT Eligibility for MCA
Eligibility for appearing for the PESSAT exam of Master of Computer Application (MCA) is given hereby:
- Candidate must have possessed a bachelor's degree in any discipline with 50% marks of all the years, having studied Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer programming/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics as one of the electives at Degree Level, from a recognized University.
- Test scores of PESSAT or PGCET are also required.
- Candidates should take the PESSAT exam and the result will be declared by the PES University within 3 days from the day of the test.
- If in case candidates are appearing through PGCET, the candidate should get the admission order from the PGCET cell after counselling for the admission.
PESSAT Eligibility for M.Tech
The eligibility criteria of Master of Technology (M.Tech) is given hereby:
- Candidates must score at least 60% in Engineering degree in a relevant stream from a recognized University.
- Test Scores in PESSAT, PGCET or GATE are also accepted.
- Candidates can take the PESSAT exam by registering themselves and the result will be declared by the university within 3 working days from the day of the test.
- Candidates should register for PESSAT (mandatory) if in case they are appearing through a GATE score but they don't have to give the exam.
- They will get admission with the PESSAT hall ticket and GATE score card only if the candidates are eligible for the same.
- If candidates are appearing through PGCET, should get the admission order from the PGCET cell after counselling for the admission.
PESSAT 2023 Application Form
PESSAT 2023 Application form is available on the official website of PES University from 20 December 2020. Candidates ensure to check the eligibility before applying. Candidates should fill in their information carefully. If any wrong information is detected during the scrutiny, their candidature will be rejected at any time of admission.