PU LLB 2020 application form is released by PU, Chandigarh and can be filled till 01 October 2020 and the exam will be conducted on 22 October 2020. This exam is commonly known as Panjab University LLB Entrance Examination, the exam is conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh. This is a university level exam which is conducted annually in offline mode and comprises both subjective type and objective type questions. Candidates can fill the application form through online mode till 01 October 2020. PU LLB entrance exam 2020 is scheduled on 22 October 2020. Candidates can get all vital information regarding PU LLB Application form, Eligibility criteria, Admit card from this article:
PU LLB Latest Updates:
- The last date for submission of PU LLB 2020 application form to generate the Bank Challan is 01 October 2020.
- PU LLB entrance exam 2020 date is 22 October 2020.
PU LLB 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check here all the important PU LLB result dates in the given table below:
|Application Form Released||01 May 2020|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||13 June 2020 01 October 2020|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of SBI using website generated challan||17 June 2020 05 October 2020|
|Last date for uploading of photograph / signature / Documents||20 June 2020 09 October 2020|
|Admit Card Available||23 June 2020 15 October 2020|
|Last Date to fill Application Form(with Late Fee 500/-)||24 June 2020 19 October 2020|
|PU LLB 2020 Exam Date||27 June 2020 22 October 2020|
|Answer Key Release||01 July 2020 27 October 2020|
|Challenge of Answer Key last date||03 July 2020 29 November 2020|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections & inviting Cross-objections (through e-mail only)||06 July 2020 03 November 2020|
|Cross-objection to Answer Key till||09 July 2020 05 November 2020|
|Result Declarations||13 July – 15 July 2020 09-12 November 2020|
|Date of availability of online Admission Form||will be announced soon|
|Dates of counselling||will be announced|
PU LLB 2020 Application Form
Aspiring candidates can apply only online for Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam 2020 from the University website and follow the instructions given there:
- The PU LLB 2020 Application form has been released on the 01 May 2020.
- The application form can be filled through online mode from Panjab University official website.
- The applicant has to fill their personal details and qualification/educational details in the application form.
- Candidates will be required to attach a scanned copy of their recent photograph and signature.
- Photograph and signature should be attached in the prescribed format and size.
- Candidate must check all the details filled in the PU LLB application form 2020 before submitting it.
- Valid e-mail id and phone number is mandatory for the submission of online application.
- After filling the application form candidate must click the submit button for the application to be registered.
- After submitting the application form, a filled-in application form will be generated which will contain the registration number and other details given by the candidate.
- After submission of the online application form, the particulars mentioned in the form like name of the candidates, date of birth, e-mail id etc will be considered as final information.
Candidates are advised to download and take the printout of filled-in PU LLB application form 2020 for future use.
PU LLB 2020 Application Fee
After filling the PU LLB entrance exam 2020 application form, candidates have to pay the registration fee for which they can check the following table:
PU LLB Application Fee
Category of Applicants
For General Category
For SC/ST/BC Category
Note: The last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State Bank of India using website generated challan or through Online mode is 01 October 2020.
Mode of Payment: Candidate can pay the application fee using the following options:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
PU LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification required to fit in Panjab University LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Aspiring candidates who have passed/appeared in the final year of Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of Panjab University with at least 45% aggregate (40% for SC/ST/Backward class students) or recognized by Bar Council of India and Panjab University.
- Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of any other University recognized as equivalent to the corresponding degree of the Panjab University with at least 45% aggregate (40% for SC/ST/Backward class students).
- In case if candidates having Bachelor’s degree of this University or any other University recognized by the Syndicate, through Modern Indian Languages Hindi or Urdu or Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit or Persian or Arabic), the aggregate of 45% marks shall be calculated by taking into account the percentage of aggregate marks that he had secured at the language examination, excluding the marks for the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together.
- 5% concession will be given in the eligibility marks to SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates.
Download PU LLB 2020 Information Brochure Pdf
PU LLB 2020 Admit Card
PU LLB 2020 Admit Card will be available on the official website from 15 October 2020. Candidates should keep the following points in mind after they download their admit cards:
- PU LLB Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any applicant.
- Hall ticket will contain the details like exam date and time, exam venue, candidates information.
- While downloading the Admit Cards, the applicants must remember their Login Credentials which includes Application number and password.
- It is mandatory for candidates to take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination centre without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
PU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern
The PU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern is given below:
PU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern
|Number of questions||100 questions|
|Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Medium||English, Hindi and Punjabi|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 1/4 will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
Below is the table for Subject wise marks
Subject wise distribution
Current Affairs and General Knowledge
Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English
Candidates may check the exam pattern and subject wise distribution through the above details and can start preparing for the exam accordingly.
PU LLB 2020 Syllabus
PU LLB Entrance Exam’s Objective part consists of question form Legal Aptitude, General Awareness & Knowledge of English and subjective part consists of questions from the following:
- Writing & Communication Skill with Legal Aptitude
- English Including Comprehension -The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage given, its central theme and meanings of the words used therein, etc. The grammar section will focus on the correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in the given sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Currents Affairs - As far as general knowledge is concerned: the candidates will be assessed on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs.
- Legal Aptitude - This section will test a candidate’s interest in the study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability. Questions asked may comprise of legal propositions/ principles and a set of facts to which the said proposition/ principle need to be applied to arrive at a most reasonable conclusion. Such propositions may or may not be ‘true’ in the real sense, yet the candidates will have to assume that the given propositions are true and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning - The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
PU LLB 2020 Preparation Books
Candidates can refer the books given below for the better understanding of the syllabus and to get proper preparation for PU LLB entrance exam:
PU LLB Preparation Books
|Book Name||Author Name|
|CLAT and LLB Entrance Exam Study Package||A P Bhardwaj|
|The ultimate guide to the LLB Entrance Examination 2012||MA Rashid|
|Guide to LLB Entrance Examination 2012-13||22nd Edn.|
|Model Test Papers for CLAT & LLB||A P Bhardwaj|
|The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Exam||Thorpe|
|LLB Entrance Examination Guide||Pankaj Kr. Jaiswal|
|English Legal System||Susan Mckenzie|
PU LLB 2020 Preparation Tips
Given below are some preparation tips, which would help applicants to score well and hence qualify the exam
- Candidate should have the full knowledge of exam pattern and syllabus of PU LLB exam.
- Applicants can make short notes and highlight important topics and concepts.
- Studying from the given study material and recommended books will help.
- Applicants can practice from the sample papers available on the official website.
- Self-study is the most important part of any preparation.
PU LLB 2020 Result
Candidates can check the details of the result through the below-given points:
- The PU LLB 2020 Results will be declared from 09 - 12 November 2020
- University will declare the result in the form of a scorecard.
- Candidates can download the scorecard for future use.
- Candidates who make it through the exam will be further eligible to sit for counselling and make their way into a good college under Panjab University.
- If any correction is needed in the information displaying on the result, the applicant must immediately contact the authorities.
PU LLB 2020 Cut off
Punjab University will release PU LLB 2020 cut off marks after declaring the result of the entrance exam. Candidates seeking admission in the LLB course must have to score at least the PU LLB 2020 Entrance cut off. Candidates from different categories will have a different cut off scores. Minimum cut off percentage will be calculated from a total of 75 marks. PU LLB Cut off depends on the following factors:
- Total numbers of candidates appearing in the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- No. of candidates qualifying the exam
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by the candidate in the entrance test.
- Availability of the Seat
Candidates can check the category-wise cut off marks required for PU LLB admission from the table given below:
PU LLB Cut off
|Category||Cut off Percentage (out of 75)||Cut off Marks (out of 75)|
|General/ Unreserved||20%||15 out of 75|
|SC/ ST/ BC||15%||11.25 out of 75|
PU LLB 2020 Counselling
PU LLB admission Form will be available from 15 June 2020 on the website. Candidates can check the details of the PU LLB 2020 counselling through below given points:
- Panjab University will begin counselling soon after the exam is conducted.
- The candidate, whose name appears in the Merit list and are qualified should attend the Counselling and their physical presence is mandatory in order to be eligible to take admission.
- The dates of any further counselling, if any, will be uploaded on the Online Notice Board and also on the physical notice board of the department concerned and all the candidates are requested to keep a check.
- Applicants selected for the first round will not be allowed to take part in the second round of counselling.
- Seats will be allotted based on the merit list.
Candidates are advised to bring following documents at the time of counselling for verification:
- PU LLB 2020 Admit Card
- Certificate showing proof of birth
- 10th Class/SSC mark sheet
- 12th Class/Intermediate mark sheet
- Graduation/Post Graduation/Qualifying Exam mark sheet
- Character Certificate from qualifying Institute
- Reserve Category certificates if applicable
- Gap Year Affidavit if applicable
- Income Certificate to avail merit-cum-means free-ship
- Graduation certificate issued by Sports Department of Punjab University if applying under Sports Reservation
- Additional weight-age certificate if applicable
PU LLB 2020 Study Centres
The test gives a direction to the aspirants to pursue Bachelors of Law (LLB Professional 3-Year course) currently running in the following study centres and their number of seats:
- Department of Laws (P.U), Chandigarh - 300 seats
- P.U Regional Centre Muktsar (Punjab) - 60 seats
- UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur (Punjab) - 60 seats
- UIL, Panjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana (Punjab) - 60 seats
PU LLB 2020 Highlights
Candidates may check the highlights of Panjab University LLB exam highlights through below-given details:
PU LLB 2020
Panjab University, Chandigarh
Bachelors of Law (LLB Professional 3-Year course)
Offline (Pen & Paper)
To offer admission in Bachelors of Law in various colleges under Panjab University
About Panjab University, Chandigarh
The Panjab University has been incorporated for the purpose, among others, of making provision for imparting education in Arts, Letters, Science and the learned professions and of furthering the advancement of learning, the prosecution of original research, with power to appoint University Professors, Readers and Lecturers, to hold and manage educational endowments, to erect, equip and maintain University colleges, libraries, laboratories and museums, to making regulations relating to the residence and conduct of students and to do all such acts as tend to promote study and research.