PU LLB 2021 will be conducted on 08 August 2021 by PU, Chandigarh. This exam is commonly known as Panjab University LLB Entrance Examination. Panjab University, Chandigarh conducts the exam. This is a university-level exam that is conducted annually in offline mode and comprises both subjective type and objective type questions. Candidates can get all vital information regarding the PU LLB Application form, Eligibility criteria, Admit card from this article:
PU LLB 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check the PU LLB 2021 exam status from the below table:
|PU LLB status||Last date to apply is 26 July 2021|
|Exam date||Exam on 08 August 2021|
- PU LLB 2021 last date to apply for the examination is 26 July 2021.
- Punjab University LLB 2021 entrance exam will be held on 08 August 2021.
PU LLB 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check here all the important PU LLB result dates in the given table below:
|Application Form Released||25 June 2021|
|Last date for submission of the Application Form||26 July 2021|
|Admit card release date||02 August 2021|
|Exam date||08 August 2021|
|Answer Key release date||09 August 2021|
|Last date of submission of objections to the Answer Key||11 August 2021|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Crossobjections (through e-mail only||13 August 2021|
|Result declaration date||18 August 2021|
|Counselling||To be announced later|
PU LLB 2021 Application Form
Aspiring candidates can apply only online for Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam 2021 from the University website and follow the instructions given there:
- The PU LLB 2021 Application form will be released tentatively from April 2021.
- The application form can be filled in online mode from Panjab University's official website.
- The applicant has to fill in their personal details and qualification/educational details in the application form.
- Candidates will be required to attach a scanned copy of their recent photograph and signature.
- Photograph and signature should be attached in the prescribed format and size.
- The candidate must check all the details filled in the PU LLB application form 2021 before submitting it.
- Valid e-mail id and phone number are mandatory for the submission of an online application.
- After filling the application form candidate must click the submit button for the application to be registered.
- After submitting the application form, a filled-in application form will be generated which will contain the registration number and other details given by the candidate.
- After submission of the online application form, the particulars mentioned in the form like the name of the candidates, date of birth, e-mail id, etc will be considered as final information.
Candidates are advised to download and take the printout of the filled-in PU LLB application form 2021 for future use.
PU LLB 2021 Application Fee
After filling the PU LLB entrance exam 2021 application form, candidates have to pay the registration fee for which they can check the following table:
PU LLB Application Fee
Category of Applicants
For General Category
For SC/ST/BC Category
Note: The candidates have to deposit an application fee in any branch of State Bank of India using a website-generated challan or through Online mode.
Mode of Payment: The candidate can pay the application fee using the following options:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
PU LLB 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification required to fit in Panjab University LLB 2021 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Aspiring candidates who have passed/appeared in the final year of Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of Panjab University with at least 45% aggregate (40% for SC/ST/Backward class students) or recognized by Bar Council of India and Panjab University.
- Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of any other University recognized as equivalent to the corresponding degree of the Panjab University with at least 45% aggregate (40% for SC/ST/Backward class students).
- In case of candidates having a Bachelor’s degree from this University or any other University recognized by the Syndicate, through Modern Indian Languages Hindi or Urdu or Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit or Persian or Arabic), the aggregate of 45% marks shall be calculated by taking into account the percentage of aggregate marks that he had secured at the language examination, excluding the marks for the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together.
- 5% concession will be given in the eligibility marks to SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates.
PU LLB 2021 Admit Card
PU LLB 2021 Admit Card will be available on the official website. Candidates should keep the following points in mind after they download their admit cards:
- PU LLB Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any applicant.
- Hall ticket will contain the details like exam date and time, exam venue, candidates information.
- While downloading the Admit Cards, the applicants must remember their Login Credentials which include the Application number and password.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination centre without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
PU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern
The PU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern is given below:
PU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern
|Number of questions||100 questions|
|Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Medium||English, Hindi, and Punjabi|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 1/4 will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
Below is the table for Subject wise marks
Subject wise distribution
Current Affairs and General Knowledge
Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English
Candidates may check the exam pattern and subject-wise distribution through the above details and can start preparing for the exam accordingly.
PU LLB 2021 Syllabus
PU LLB Entrance Exam’s Objective part consists of question from Legal Aptitude, General Awareness & Knowledge of English, and the subjective part consists of questions from the following:
- Writing & Communication Skill with Legal Aptitude
- English Including Comprehension -The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage given, its central theme, and meanings of the words used therein, etc. The grammar section will focus on the correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in the given sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Currents Affairs - As far as general knowledge is concerned: the candidates will be assessed on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs.
- Legal Aptitude - This section will test a candidate’s interest in the study of law, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability. Questions asked may comprise legal propositions/ principles and a set of facts to which the said proposition/ principle needs to be applied to arrive at a most reasonable conclusion. Such propositions may or may not be ‘true in the real sense, yet the candidates will have to assume that the given propositions are true and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning - The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
PU LLB 2021 Preparation Books
Candidates can refer to the books given below for a better understanding of the syllabus and to get proper preparation for the PU LLB entrance exam:
PU LLB Preparation Books
|Book Name||Author Name|
|CLAT and LLB Entrance Exam Study Package||A P Bhardwaj|
|The ultimate guide to the LLB Entrance Examination 2012||MA Rashid|
|Guide to LLB Entrance Examination 2012-13||22nd Edn.|
|Model Test Papers for CLAT & LLB||A P Bhardwaj|
|The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Exam||Thorpe|
|LLB Entrance Examination Guide||Pankaj Kr. Jaiswal|
|English Legal System||Susan Mckenzie|
PU LLB 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below are some preparation tips, which would help applicants to score well and hence qualify for the exam
- The candidate should have full knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus of the PU LLB exam.
- Applicants can make short notes and highlight important topics and concepts.
- Studying from the given study material and recommended books will help.
- Applicants can practice from the sample papers available on the official website.
- Self-study is the most important part of any preparation.
PU LLB 2021 Result
Candidates can check the details of the result through the below-given points:
- The PU LLB 2021 Results will be declared on the official website.
- University will declare the result in the form of a scorecard.
- Candidates can download the scorecard for future use.
- Candidates who make it through the exam will be further eligible to sit for counseling and make their way into a good college under Panjab University.
- If any correction is needed in the information displaying on the result, the applicant must immediately contact the authorities.
PU LLB 2021 Counselling
PU LLB Admission Form will be available from August 2021 on the website. Candidates can check the details of the PU LLB 2021 counseling through below given points:
- Panjab University will begin counseling soon after the exam is conducted.
- The candidate, whose name appears in the Merit list and is qualified should attend the Counselling and their physical presence is mandatory to be eligible to take admission.
- The dates of any further counseling, if any, will be uploaded on the Online Notice Board and also on the physical notice board of the department concerned and all the candidates are requested to keep a check.
- Applicants selected for the first round will not be allowed to take part in the second round of counseling.
- Seats will be allotted based on the merit list.
Candidates are advised to bring the following documents at the time of counseling for verification:
- PU LLB 2021 Admit Card
- Certificate showing proof of birth
- 10th Class/SSC mark sheet
- 12th Class/Intermediate mark sheet
- Graduation/Post Graduation/Qualifying Exam mark sheet
- Character Certificate from qualifying Institute
- Reserve Category certificates if applicable
- Gap Year Affidavit if applicable
- Income Certificate to avail merit-cum-means free-ship
- Graduation certificate issued by Sports Department of Punjab University if applying under Sports Reservation
- Additional weight-age certificate if applicable
PU LLB 2021 Cut off
Punjab University will release PU LLB 2021 cut-off marks after declaring the result of the entrance exam. Candidates seeking admission in the LLB course must have to score at least the PU LLB 2021 Entrance cut-off. Candidates from different categories will have a different cut-off score. The minimum cut-off percentage will be calculated from a total of 75 marks. PU LLB Cut off depends on the following factors:
- Total numbers of candidates appearing in the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- No. of candidates qualifying the exam
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by the candidate in the entrance test.
- Availability of the Seat
Candidates can check the category-wise cut off marks required for PU LLB admission from the table given below:
PU LLB Cut off
|Category||Cut off Percentage (out of 75)||Cut off Marks (out of 75)|
|General/ Unreserved||20%||15 out of 75|
|SC/ ST/ BC||15%||11.25 out of 75|
PU LLB Merit List
The final merit for admission shall be computed by the concerned Department or Centre after taking into account the relative weightage for the final merit for admission of the candidates in the respective courses. The relative weightage shall apply to the department/centers for LL.B (Bachelor of Laws) Course will be 50 % for Entrance Test and 50 % for Qualifying Examination.
PU LLB 2021 Study Centres
The test gives a direction to the aspirants to pursue Bachelors of Law (LLB Professional 3-Year course) currently running in the following study centers and their number of seats:
- Department of Laws (P.U), Chandigarh - 300 seats
- P.U Regional Centre Muktsar (Punjab) - 60 seats
- UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur (Punjab) - 60 seats
- UIL, Panjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana (Punjab) - 60 seats
PU LLB 2021 Highlights
Candidates may check the highlights of Panjab University LLB exam highlights through the below-given details:
PU LLB 2021
Panjab University, Chandigarh
Bachelors of Law (LLB Professional 3-Year course)
Offline (Pen & Paper)
To offer admission in Bachelors of Law in various colleges under Panjab University
About Panjab University, Chandigarh
The Panjab University has been incorporated for the purpose, among others, of making provision for imparting education in Arts, Letters, Science, and the learned professions and of furthering the advancement of learning, the prosecution of original research, with power to appoint University Professors, Readers, and Lecturers, to hold and manage educational endowments, to erect, equip and maintain University colleges, libraries, laboratories, and museums, to making regulations relating to the residence and conduct of students and to do all such acts as tend to promote study and research.