SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 is a University Level Entrance exam conducted once every year with the purpose to select candidates for admission in the Bachelor of Technology (B.tech) courses in the SASTRA (Deemed to be University), Tamil Nadu. Those candidates who are interested for admission in the university can fill the application form. Candidates can read this complete article to get more information about SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 and mostly all the important details are available which includes - Application form, eligibility, fee, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
All the details of SASTRA B.Tech Registration process are mentioned below in the section. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form has been released on 2 April 2020 on the official website of SASTRA University.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form till 27 June 2020.
- The form can be filled both in online and offline mode. Below mentioned are some important points to keep in mind while filling up the application form:
- A candidate has to visit the official website of SASTRA University to fill the form
- Fill in the details in the application form correctly and must upload correct and valid documents.
- The candidate must ensure the successful submission of their application in the portal.
Documents required during the application process is mentioned below:
Mandatory Documents for All:
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Mark sheet
Document for General Category:
- Nationality Certificate: Birth Certificate or Voter ID or First page of Passport or School Transfer Certificate (TC) showing nationality or Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency or Aadhaar Card.
- Category Certificate for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST Students
- PwD Certificate for PwD Category Students
- The photograph and signature uploaded during the time of applying for the SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Examination will be used for the admission process.
- Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected.
- JEE Main 2020 scorecard
SASTRA 2020 Application Fee:
Application fee payment is an important part of SASTRA B.Tech Registration (Application), Withouth the payment, Candidate's Application Fom will not be valid.
- SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Fee Rs 600/- which can be paid online as well as offline via Demand Draft.
- The application fee is uniform for all types of category students.
- Candidates can obtain the offline application form from the office of admissions at SASTRA University in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam or registered office in Chennai or from the selected branches of City Union Bank by making a payment of ₹ 600/-.
Mode of Payment: The application form has to be submitted along with the application fee in the form of DD drawn in favour of SASTRA payable at Thanjavur.
SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or qualifying examination as given in the official website with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and any of these as the third subject: Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology from any recognized Board/University accepted by the Deemed University
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology in 10+2 or equivalent examination in one sitting.
- They should not be more than 19 years as on 01 July 2020.
- Those who are applying for stream 1 should have appeared in JEE Main 2020.
- Applicants with a diploma in Engineering/Technology are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech Programme (Lateral Entry).
SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Rank List
- SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Rank List will be declared by the Second week of June 2020
- which all the applicants must go through to make sure whether they have made it or not.
- After the rank list has been prepared, applicants are supposed to wait for a Counselling call following which they will be offered admission in the course they have applied for.
SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Counselling
- SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Counselling will be organized by the SASTRA University for all the qualified applicants and offer admission along with document verification and scrutiny.
- However, Counseling will be conducted based on the merit list and expected to be held from the Third week of June 2020
- A candidate have to attend all the counseling rounds for the admission
- All the required documents must be bring by the candidate during counseling
Documents required during the SASTRA B.Tech Counseling 2020
Following are the documents candidates need to bring along at the time of Counselling:
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Certificates
SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020 Highlights
All the Information related to SASTRA B.tech Admission is briefly mentioned in the table, Candidate is required to see the highlights to have information available at one place.
SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020
SASTRA (Deemed to be University), Tamil Nadu
SASTRA Official website
To offer admission in B.Tech Offered by the University
Above mentioned table of the highlights is helpful for the candidate to get information related to the Exam level, Conducting Bodies, Official website, Purpose of the exam and others.
About SASTRA University, Tamil Nadu :
The exam is conducted at the University Level and the B.Tech streams offered are mentioned below:
- B.Tech - Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech - Bioengineering
- B.Tech - Bioinformatics
- B.Tech - Biotechnology
- B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech - Civil Engineering
- B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech - Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech - Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech - Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech - Information & Communication Technology
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech – Mechatronics