SOFT CET 2023 also known as the School Of Fashion Technology Common Entrance Exam will be conducted by the MKSSS's School of Fashion Technology to provide admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Design courses. SOFT CET is conducted annually at the University Level. The exam is conducted in three stages which includes online test, Studio test/group discussion and personal interview. Candidates are eligible to apply by online mode who passed class 12th or hold a minimum 2-year Diploma Degree with Class 10th. The candidates need to go through the complete article to get all the important details about SOFT CET 2023 including Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, etc.
SOFT CET 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the details of SOFT CET 2023 which is mentioned below:
|No official notification announces yet
SOFT CET 2023 Application form has been released, candidates interested can APPLY HERE.
SOFT CET 2023 Important Date
The candidate can check the important date of SOFT CET 2023 from the given table.
SOFT CET 2023 Important Date
|Admit Card release
SOFT CET 2023 Application Form
The Application form for CET 2023 will be released tentatively from April 2023. Candidates can read the following instructions to know more about the Application Form:
- Candidates who are willing to appear in SOFT CET 2023 can fill the Application Form which is available on the official website.
- Visit the website of the School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) and click on the given Registration Link.
- Candidates have to Register through a valid Email ID or Mobile Number and fill in all the particular details asked in the application form carefully.
- Upload all the required details in JPEG Format and ensure that the uploaded photograph is clear.
- Once the Application Form is filled, click on the "Submit" button.
- Keep the print-out of the Application form for further use.
- The last date to fill the Application Form will be in April 2023.
The Application Fee for SOFT CET 2023 can be paid through Online mode. Once the Application form is filled and submitted, the candidates can pay the Application fee.
Below is the table of Registration Fee for UG and PG courses:
SOFT CET Application Fee
Industry Integrated Program with International Exposure
Mode of Payment:
- Either use Credit Card or Debit Card to make the payments or it can also be made through Bank Challan. Download the Challan and pay the amount to the bank designated by the University.
- Candidates are required to keep a hard copy of the payment made through Challan with them for future references.
SOFT CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to know all the details about SOFT CET Eligibility Criteria so that they can ensure their eligibility for the exam. Following are the details about the Eligibility Criteria given below:
UG courses Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have cleared their 12th standard exam from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have a full-time diploma of a minimum of 2 years after 10th standard from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) or State Government Technical Education are also eligible for SOFT CET 2023.
- NRI and International aspirants must have an equivalent certificate from the Association of Indian Universities(AIU) to give the test.
PG courses Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants must have completed their graduation in any stream to be eligible for the SOFT CET entrance exam.
SOFT CET 2023 Admit Card
SOFT CET Admit card 2023
will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully submitted their application form. The hall ticket will be available on the official website of SOFT from the first week of May 2023.
Hence the candidates need to download their admit card from the official website.
Follow the steps to download SOFT CET, Admit Card:
- Log on to the official website https://soft.ac.in/
- Click the on download admit card' link
- Enter the correct Username, Password and Security code given in the space provided and click on 'login'.
- Admit card will appear on the screen. Save the soft copy and take a print out of the same for future use.
Note: It is mandatory to carry the admit card along with a passport size photo and valid ID proof on the day of examination.
SOFT CET 2023 Exam Pattern
SOFT CET Exam Pattern
Mode of examination
Number of questions
Stages of exam
Studio Test/ Group Discussions
Online Test- 60 marks
Studio Test/Group Discussion- 140 marks
Personal Interview- 50 Marks
(Total marks is 250)
Medium of language
- One mark will be allotted to each right answer and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Hence the candidates are advised to attempt all the questions and not leave any question unanswered.
No. of questions Allotted for each section:
|No. of Questions
|Verbal/ Non-verbal Reasoning
SOFT CET 2023 Syllabus
Following is the detailed syllabus of the Soft Pune entrance test:
Creative Ability –
- Questions under this section evaluate applicants ability to create new designs and illustrations.
- Ratio and its Applications
- Percentages and their applications
- Numbers and their applications
- Geometry and its applications
- Mathematical Operations
- Verification of True Statement
- Assertion & Reason
- Sequence Puzzles
- Direction Sense Test
- Figure Formation & Analysis
- Series Completion
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Cause & Effect Reasoning
- Completing Incomplete Pattern
- Statement Assumptions
- Inserting the Missing Character
- Theme Detection
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Construction of Squares & Triangles
- Logical Venn Diagram
- Rule Detection
- Paper Folding Cubes & Dice
- Mirror Images & Water Images
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Structures
- Clocks and Calendars
SOFT CET 2023 Preparation Tips
- They must be fluent with the syllabus and should try to solve all past years question papers so that they know the pattern of questions asked. They can find the Question Papers on the official website of SOFT.
- They should be able to manage their time wisely to not get exhausted during their study time. A proper schedule should be made and followed.
- While studying, students should take enough breaks to make sure that their mind is calm and composed.
- Furthermore, yoga can be done to manage stress.
- Also, take a balanced diet.
SOFT CET 2023 Result
- SOFT CET 2023 Results will be uploaded on the official website of the School of Fashion Technology by the Last week of May 2023. Results will be announced in the form of a Score Card. Candidates need to open with their registered Email ID`s or mobile numbers and get access to the Results.
STEPS TO CHECK SOFT CET 2023 Result –
- Log in to the official website of SOFT, Pune.
- Proceed and check for the 'Result’ Section.
- Fill in all the Login details and click on the Submit button.
- The Result of the common entrance test will be displayed online. Take a printout of it for future references.
SOFT, Pune will publish the Merit List of the candidates who qualify for the exam within one week of Result declaration. Candidates will have to send a scanned copy of their Class 12th Result for the UG course and 12th and Graduation mark sheet for the PG course.
SOFT CET 2023 Counselling
The Counselling will start immediately after the Results are declared. Candidates who successfully qualify for the Common entrance test will be eligible to appear for SOFT CET 2023 Counselling:
- After the announcement of results, the SOFT CET authority will release the list of Merit Rank Holders who will have to report to the institute on a specified date along with the required documents.
- The counselling will be conducted by the authority from the last week of June 2023.
- It is important for all the candidates who wish to take admission into the institute to send a confirmation mail to [email protected] and CC it to [email protected], failing to which the seat will automatically go to the waitlisted candidate.
- After the confirmation mail, the applicants will be called in for completing the admission procedure according to the academic calendar uploaded on the official website.
- Candidates will have to report to the institute with the necessary documents and certificates. These documents and certificates will be verified by the organizing body.
- They must then pay the required tuition fee according to their courses.
List of the courses offered by the university
Bachelor of design: The core subjects of specializations under Undergraduate courses are given below:
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Jewellery Design
- Fashion Buying and Merchandising
- Fashion brand Design and Technology
SOFT CET 2023 Highlights
Candidates can go through the overview of the examination in the table below:
SOFT CET 2023
Exam full name
School Of Fashion Technology- Common Entrance Test
MKSSS's School of Fashion Technology
Undergraduate and Postgraduate
To offer various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in The School Of Fashion Technology.
About MKSSS's School Of Fashion
SOFT was established in 1998 under the supervision of Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS). Located in Pune, India, SOFT is the pioneer of fashion education and has made its position among the best Fashion design schools in the country. The School of Fashion also equips students with quality education focusing mainly on art and industry that is of commercial value, at an affordable fee structure.
Its expertise in Fashion Design, Technology, Production, Merchandising, Communication, Textile Design and Sustainable Fashion provides an excellent environment for the students to develop a skill-set using creativity and intellect to the best use.
soft cet sample paper soft cet syllabus soft entrance exam soft entrance exam 2023 soft entrance exam 2021 application form soft registration soft cet results cet fashion designing