Tamil Nadu ITI Admission 2023 application form for admission to various trades will be released via onine mode on the offical website. The last date to apply for Tamil Nadu ITI admission is July 2023 (tentatively). Therefore, the candidates who are interested in pursuing courses from Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) in Tamil Nadu must fill the online application form on the official website, skilltraining.tn.gov.in. The Directorate of Employment and Training, Govt. of Tamil Nadu is the official conducting body that invites the Tamil Nadu ITI application form 2023. Check more details of Tamil Nadu online application form, last date, fees, merit list, counselling, seat allotment, list of ITI Colleges in Tamil Nadu, etc from this article.
Tamil Nadu ITI 2023 Exam Status
Candidates who are looking for the Tamil Nadu ITI online application must check the latest updates and exam dates from the table given below:
Tamil Nadu ITI Application Form 2023
Last Date for Application Form
Not announced yet
Tamil Nadu ITI Admission 2023 Dates
The official authorities have announced the schedule for Tamil Nadu ITI Online application 2023 on its website. Therefore, the applicants must check the schedule of the registration dates from the table given below:
Important Dates (tentative)
Application form commencement
Last date of the submission of the application form
August/ September 2023
Counselling session begins
Tamil Nadu ITI Admission 2023 Application Form
The DTE, Tamil Nadu will release the application form of Tamil Nadu ITI online on its official website. All the details to apply for admission will be given in the brochure. Therefore, the candidates must read the eligibility criteria and important instructions before applying online. However, the applicants can follow the steps given below to fill the online application form of Tamil Nadu ITI:
- Firstly, the candidates must visit the official website of the Directorate of Employment and Training (DET), skilltraining.tn.gov.in.
- Now the candidates will have to register themselves by clicking on the New Registration button. Here you must enter your details like name, mobile number, email id.
- In the next step, the applicants can Log in using the credentials and start filling the online application form.
- Once the OTP verification is done, enter all the personal details.
- Then the candidates must fill in their qualification details.
- Further, the applicants must attach the photograph and signature in the same format as given in the instructions.
- After the document upload process is done, make the payment of the fee.
- Preview all the details in the application form before the final submission.
- On successful payment of the transaction, the candidates will receive a confirmation mail regarding the completion of the application form.
- Save a copy of the complete application form for any future references.
Application Fees of Tamil Nadu ITI
Candidates must pay the application fees of the TN ITI application form through the online method. The amount is non-refundable, even if the application form gets rejected, for any reason.
- The application fee is Rs 50/- for all Categories of candidates.
- E-Challan is also accepted as the mode of fee payment.
- Both Offline and Online modes of fee payment facility is available.
Tamil Nadu ITI Admission Eligibility Criteria
The official authority will accept the application form from only those candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements. Therefore, the candidates must read the eligibility criteria before filling the online application form for Tamil Nadu ITI admission. The eligibility criteria for the Tamil Nadu application form for all the candidates are given below:
- Nationality: Only the Indian Nationals can apply for TN ITI admission
- Domicile: The applicants must have a permanent resident and they must have a Domicile of Tamil Nadu.
- Age Limit: Candidates between the age group of 14 to 40 years can apply.
- Education Qualification: Applicants must have completed 8th/ 10th/ 12th class from any recognized board in order to be eligible to apply for ITI admission. However, the 12th appearing candidates can also apply for admission.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have passed with a minimum of 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
Tamil Nadu ITI Merit List 2023
Once the application process is completed, the official authority will release the merit list of the shortlisted candidates. The merit list of Tamil Nadu ITI admission will be available online in pdf format. Therefore, the candidates can check their names in the rank list. This list is prepared on the basis of the marks of the candidates in the previous qualifying examinations. The rank list of TN ITI admission contains details like the name of the candidate, roll number, marks in the qualifying exam, overall rank, category rank, selection status, etc. Those candidates whose names are shortlisted in the rank list are eligible to take part in the further admission process.
Tamil Nadu ITI Counselling 2023
After the merit list of the candidates is released, the officials will announce the dates of the counselling. Those candidates whose names are there in the merit list will be sent a counselling letter/ call letter through the mail. These students must report to the given date and place for the Tamil Nadu online Counselling process. They must carry all the original certificates and documents along with a copy of each of them. On successful completion of the document verification process, the candidates will be allotted a seat in a particular college. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of the rank of the candidates. The candidates must carry the following documents in original and photocopy on the counselling day:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Special Category Priority Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Medical fitness certificate
- Nativity certificate/ Domicile of Tamil Nadu state.
- School leaving certificate, etc.
List of Tamil Nadu ITI Courses
There are several trades/ courses offered by the Government and Private ITI colleges in Tamil Nadu. The candidates can pursue the course of their choice and apply online for the same. Check the list of ITI courses in Tamil Nadu from the table given below:
Driver Cum Mechanic
Mechanic (Refrigeration and Air-Conditioner)
Sheet Metal Worker
Stenographer & Secretarial Assistant (English)
Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery)
Litho- Offset Machine Minder
Secretarial Practice (English)
Mason (Building Constructor)
Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)
Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant)
Plastic Processing Operator
Mechanic Computer Hardware
Health Sanitary Inspector
Pre/Preparatory School Management (Assistant)
Instrument Mechanic (Chemical Plant)
Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance
Office Assistant cum Computer Operator
Hospital House Keeping
Computer Programming and Operator Assistant
Sewing and Cutting (VI)
Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician
Tamil Nadu ITI Admission 2023
The Directorate of Employment and Training (DTE) will release the notification for Tamil Nadu ITI admission 2023 on its official website. Therefore the candidates can check the details about admission in various Government and Private ITI colleges in Tamil Nadu. This is a state-level admission process in which the native candidates of Tamil Nadu can apply. The admission is granted on the basis of a combined merit list for various trades. This merit list is prepared on basis of the marks of the candidates in the previous qualifying exams. The candidates who have completed their class 8th and 10th from any recognized board can fill the application form for ITI admission. Candidates must check the admission schedule of Tamil Nadu ITI in order to apply for admission.
Tamil Nadu ITI 2023 Admission Highlights
Directorate of Employment & Training (DET)
Name of the Admission Process
Tamil Nadu ITI 2023 Admission
Industrial Training Institute (ITI)
Commencement of Online Application
Started from July 2023. (tentatively)
Last date to apply- July 2023 (tentatively)
About DET Tamil Nadu
The Directorate of Employment and Training, also known as DET, is a state government body that conducts the admission process in various skills and training courses in the state. There are several Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) colleges in Tamil Nadu and admission in these colleges is conducted by the DET. This body also comprises core committee members who conduct the counselling process for ITI admission. The Tamil Nadu state has 85 government ITI colleges in various cities. The courses will be for one or two years according to the NCVT norms. There are both Engineering and Non- Engineering courses offered in various ITI colleges. Candidates can also apply for private ITIs, there are 658 Private affiliates ITIs in Tamil Nadu.