TNAU 2021 is also known as the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Test. It is conducted with the purpose to enroll the eligible candidates in both the Undergraduate, postgraduate & Diploma programs. Whereas, the admission to undergraduate programs will be done based on their marks in the class 12 qualifying exam. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in several fields such as agriculture, forestry, horticulture, etc. Candidates can read this article to get information about the TNAU 2021 exam such as Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling, etc.
TNAU 2021 Application Form
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University will release its application form for both UG courses in the first week of August 2021. Before filling the registration form, applicants must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued on the official website. Applicants have to go through the following steps to fill their application form for TNAU examination 2021:
- Candidates applying for UG courses will get admission based on Counselling only.
- First of all, open the official TNAU portal of the Tamil Nadu Agriculture University that is tnau.ac.in.
- The candidate has to search for TNAU Notification 2021 link on the home page and click on that link.
- After which candidates have to click on the TNAU Online Application 2021 link.
- Then, Candidates have to fill in all the details given in the TNAU application form.
- The next step is to upload the required documents and scanning photos, signatures.
- Applicants are advised to check the application form once again.
- After filling the registration form, Applicants have to pay the application fee by net banking.
- Finally, Candidates are ready to submit the TNAU Application Form 2021.
Documents required for the Registration
The candidate is advised to be ready with the following documents for the registration process.
- Scanned copies of the Tamil Nadu Community certificate issued by the Revenue authorities.
- SC/ST candidates from other states should also upload a scanned copy of the community certificate issued by the competent authority.
- BCM / SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu should upload the scanned copy of the community certificate.
- A scanned copy of the provisional / degree certificate showing the Class or OGPA obtained in the qualifying degree.
- Scanned copies of mark list/transcript card showing details of courses undergone and marks obtained in the qualifying degree.
- While submitting the applications by online, if required scanned copies(documents) are not uploaded, then the application will be summarily rejected without any intimation
TNAU 2021 Application Fee
After filling all the details in the application form correctly, Applicants have to pay the TNAU 2021 Application fee. This registration fee is different for candidates of different category which is shown below:
TNAU 2021 Registration Fee
|Category||UG Courses||PG Courses|
|General||600 /-||1000 /-|
|SC/ST||300 /-||500 /-|
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
Mode of Payment: The Application fee will be paid in online mode only. Candidate can opt for any of the following methods for paying the TNAU 2021 registration fee:
- Credit card/Net banking of any banks
- Debit card cum ATM card of State Bank of India only.
TNAU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University has different eligibility for different courses. Applicants have to go through the following eligibility as per their course:
Age Limit: Candidates should not have completed the age of 21 years on the first day of July of the admission year. For Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Caste-Arunthathiars (SCA), and Scheduled Tribes (ST) there is no age limit.
For UG Programmes
- Candidates must have cleared their Senior Secondary examination from CBSE or equivalent board of education with Science stream.
For the Master’s Programme
- Applicants must have completed their Graduation degree of Four years in any of the State Agricultural Universities or Colleges affiliated with State Agricultural Universities.
For Regular Doctoral program
- Applicants must have completed their Post Graduation degree of Four years in any of the State Agricultural Universities or Colleges affiliated to State Agricultural Universities.
For Integrated Doctoral program
- Candidates must have their graduation degree of Four years in any of the State Agricultural Universities or Colleges affiliated to State Agricultural Universities with not less than OGPA(Overall Grade Point Average) of 8.5 / 10.0 or equivalent.
For External Doctoral program
- Applicants must have completed their graduation degree of Four years and Post Graduation Degree of two years in any of the State Agricultural Universities or colleges affiliated from State Agricultural Universities and experience of at least 2 years in the same field.
Given below the reservation criteria for different category candidates:
|Category||Seats in %|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC) ||26|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM) ||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC) ||20|
|Scheduled Caste – Arunthathiyars (SCA) ||3|
TNAU 2021 Result
The university will declare the TNAU result 2021 for UG and PG programs through online mode. It must be noted that the result of the Tamil Nadu University Entrance Test will be released in the form of merit lists. The result for UG courses will be prepared based on the qualifying examination. While that for the PG courses will be prepared based on marks secured by candidates in the entrance test. The TNAU Rank list 2021 will be declared on the official website only.
Tie-breaking procedure for TNA 2021
In the case where more than one person score equal marks, the university follows the listed instructions to break the tie:-
Candidates will be considered first who got the highest marks in Mathematics/Biology out of 50.
Its ties still exist, Candidates who got the highest marks in Physics out of 50 will be considered first.
Its ties still exist, Candidates who got the highest marks in Chemistry out of 50 will be considered first.
If a tie still exists, then the age of candidates will be considered to break the tie.
TNAU 2021 Counselling
University will release the TNAU examination 2021 Counselling schedule on the TNAU portal. To appear for TNAU 2021 counselling, candidates will be required to register and modify their preferences of courses and colleges. Once submitted, they will be able to download the seat allotment letter and pay the TNAU counselling 2021 fee online.
- Candidate must note that calling for online Counselling does not guarantee the seat.
- Shortlisted candidates must have to pay a non-refundable counselling fee of Rs.2000/-
(Rs. 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST categories) through online.
- Those who have not paid the counselling fee will not be considered for online counselling.
Documents required during the admission process for NRI Candidates:
1. A letter sponsoring the candidate for admission to the UG program
2. Attested copy of Passport with Visa details of the sponsor.
3. Proof for NRI to be obtained from the Indian Embassy of the respective country
Note: Resident card / Green card / Permanent Resident card / Residence proof / Employment certificate/ OCI is not accepted as proof of NRI.
4. Proof of Relationship to the Candidate issued in the form of Notarized affidavit.
TNAU 2021 Courses Offered
Given below are the list of courses in which candidate can get admission with good score in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University entrance test.
TNAU Offered Courses
|B.Sc.||Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Food Nutrition and Dietetics, Agribusiness Management, Sericulture|
|B.Tech.||Agricultural Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Horticulture, Agricultural Information Technology, Food Process Engineering, Energy and Environmental Engineering|
|M.Tech.||Agricultural Process Engineering, Bio-Energy, Land & Water Management Engineering, Farm Machinery & Power, Storage Engineering|
TNAU 2021 Highlights
Given below the vital points regarding TNAU 2021:
TNAU 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||TNAU 2021 (Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Test)|
|Conducting Body||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University|
|TNAU Official Website||http://www.tnau.ac.in/|
|Courses offered||undergraduate and postgraduate programs in several fields such as agriculture, forestry, horticulture|
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) had its genesis from the establishment of an Agricultural School at Saidapet, Madras, Tamil Nadu, as early as 1868 and it was later relocated to Coimbatore. In 1920 it was affiliated with Madras University. TNAU assumed full responsibilities of Agricultural Education and Research and supported the State Agricultural Department by delivering research products. Till 1946, the Agricultural College and Research Institute, Coimbatore, was the only Institute for Agricultural Education for the whole of South India. In 1958, it was recognized as a Post-graduate Centre leading to Masters and Doctoral degrees. The Agricultural College and Research Institute, Madurai was established in 1965. These two colleges formed the nucleus of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University while it was established in 1971.