ULSAT 2020 exam has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Candidates can continue to fill the Application form till 11 August 2020. UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test 2020 is conducted annually at University-level by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun. The exam is conducted to pursue Law courses in School of Law, UPES. The candidates willing to take admission into the law courses offered by UPES must accordingly prepare for the exam and fill the application form timely. Also, Candidates must have to go through the complete article to know all about ULSAT 2020 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Counselling etc.
- ULSAT 2020 has been cancelled due to safety purposes of aspirants health.
- The last date to apply for ULSAT 2020 has been extended to 11 August 2020.
- The admission will be given based on the score of class 12th exam/CLAT/LSAT.
ULSAT 2020 Application Form
UPES has released the ULSAT 2020 Application Form
has been released by UPES on 06 September 2019. The last date to complete the registration is 11 August 2020.
Candidates can check the official website for applying Online. The last date for submitting the registration is expected to be in the second week of April 2020. Applicants should keep in mind the following points while filling up the application form:
- All the information filled by the candidate should be true and correct and if found incorrect at the time of admission, actions would be taken accordingly.
- Multiple registrations of the same candidate may lead to cancellation of the candidature.
- Recheck all the filled details before the final submission of the form to avoid any further issues.
- Keep all the required documents ready in the given format beforehand.
- Applicants should not wait for the last date for filing exam, As UPES will not be responsible for any further inconvenience.
ULSAT 2020 Application Fee
ULSAT 2020 Application fee is Rs 1350/- for all categories i.e. there is no relaxation on application fee for any specific category. Modes of payment are available in both online and offline.
- Online mode can be used by paying the application fee through Debit card/Credit card/Net banking.
- Offline mode can be done in two ways:
- The application fee can be paid through Demand Draft. DD must be drawn in favour of “UPES Fee Account” with the following Address.
Admissions Officer, Centre for Continuing Education,
UPES-210,2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase- III
New Delhi – 110020
2. Payment through Bank
- Candidate can pay their registration fee directly in Bank account of University which is given below:
- Bank Name- YES BANK
- Account Number-029894600000014
- Account Type- Saving
- Branch- Okhla Phase-2 New Delhi
ULSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the ULSAT 2020 eligibility criteria
for taking admission in Law courses in UPES. The applicants must satisfy the below-given criterion. If any discrepancy is found in the scrutinizing process, it would lead to cancellation of Application Form.
ULSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for LLB:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (class 10th & class 12th)
1. Through Non-Examination Pathway:
- Non-Examination Pathway - LAW Programs through Board Merit/ CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit (Seats Allotted- Up to 20 %)
2. L-SAT/CLAT All India Merit System:
- For BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates must have at least of 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking up to 10000/ L-SAT India minimum score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For B. Tech LLB (Hons) - Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th), minimum 50% Marks in PCM at Senior Secondary Level (12th) and CLAT ranking up to 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions through Merit Ranking.
3. ULSAT Merit System:
- For BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For B. Tech LLB (Hons) Candidates with minimum 70% marks in 10th, 12th and 12th PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) are exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions will be through Merit Ranking.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls before October 1, 1998, are not eligible to apply for admission (as per the Bar Council of India). The Date Of Birth that’s recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University Certificate will be taken as authentic.
- University has rights to fill up to 20% of all available seats through the Board Merit/CLAT/LSAT India Category. After which for vacant seats, UPES has the right to fill these seats through their UPES Entrance Exam.
- Candidates placed in the compartment are not eligible for admission to any program of study in the University.
ULSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for LLM:
- Minimum 50 % Marks at Higher & Secondary Level (10th & 12th) and LLB Degree.
Non- Examination Pathway
The admission to LAW school based on Non-Examination Pathway( National level Tests) is given below:
1. CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit
The candidates applying for BA LLB(Hons)/ BBA LLB(Hons)/ B.Com, LLB(Hons) has to fulfil the below criteria:
- A minimum of 50% marks in Higher and Senior Secondary( 10th and 12th) and CLAT( All India Rank) up to 15000
- A minimum of 60 percentile or above in L-SAT will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test(ULSAT) and will be called for Group Discussion and Interview directly.
For B-Tech LLB(Hons):
- Candidates with a minimum 50% marks in 10th and 12th standard and a minimum 50% marks in PCM at Senior Secondary Level and CLAT score up to 15000.
- L-SAT India aggregate score of 60 percentile and above will be exempted from UPESEAT and admissions through Merit Ranking.
2. Board Merit
1. CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit
Candidates with an aggregate score of 80% marks in 10th and 12th in five subjects (English as one of the compulsory Subject) are exempted from ULSAT and will be invited directly for Group discussion and Interview.
For B.Tech. LLB (Hons)
Candidates with a minimum of 70% marks in 10th, 12th and PCM opted as main subjects in class 12 are exempted from UPESEAT and admissions will be through Merit Ranking.
Note: Candidates that are placed in the compartment are not eligible to take admission in any of the courses provided by University.
ULSAT 2020 Slot Booking
Candidates must book their slots to appear for the exam out of the available ULSAT 2020 dates. To book the slots they must visit upes.a.cin and log in using the login details asked. Out of the given dates, they must choose most preferred date. After the slot booking, the candidates can check their admit card that is generated for appearing in the exam. The admit card has the exam date, time and venue as per the choice of the candidates entered in the slot booking process.
ULSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
ULSAT 2020 Exam Pattern is given below which the applicant must keep in mind while preparing for the examination as the exam pattern always helps in optimized learning and strategy making for the examination which can help in scoring well.
ULSAT 2020 Paper Pattern
180 minutes (3 hours)
Total Number of Questions
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Before attempting the exam, Applicants must be aware of the paper pattern to avoid any inconvenience.
Section-wise distribution of sections-
Section Wise distribution of Marks & Questions for ULSAT 2020 Exam
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Language Comprehension ||30||30*1=30|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability ||30||30*1=30|
|Logical Reasoning ||30||30*1=30|
|Legal General Knowledge ||30||30*1=30|
|Total No. of Questions ||150||150|
ULSAT 2020 Syllabus
The ULSAT 2020 Syllabus
is mentioned below which should be thoroughly studied by the aspirants before they appear for the ULSAT 2020 examination as it helps in better question-solving ability and improved efficiency:
- Language comprehension
- Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Legal General Knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
ULSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
ULSAT Preparation Tips are given below for the Candidates who wish to score well in the ULSAT Examination and get an opportunity to pursue law from one of the most advanced institutions in their domain:
- It is advisable to start preparing for any examination at least 6 months before the scheduled date.
- No new topics should be picked up by the Candidates as it creates stress before the examination and Candidates tend to feel low on confidence.
- Candidates should solve as many questions as possible as it gives an idea of the types of questions asked and how to deal with those questions in less time: also it improves accuracy.
- Having some sort of recreational activity is a must as it eases out after studying for long hours which is important.
ULSAT 2020 Admit Card
ULSAT 2020 Admit Card
will be made available on the official website soon after the successful submission of the application form. All the candidates appearing for the test are requested to download their ULSAT 2020 Admit card and take a print out of the same.
Kindly keep these points in mind before appearing for an examination:
- If there is any discrepancy found in the Admit Card particulars, the candidate should immediately get in touch with the Authority to get it rectified.
- If Candidates are found without Admit Card in the examination hall, there are chances that the authorities might not allow them to appear for the examination.
- Candidates must visit their exam centre once before the final exam day if they are new to the city otherwise there are chances that they might get late for the examination.
- Candidate can get their admit card only by the official website of the university.
ULSAT 2020 Result
ULSAT 2020 Result
will be available on the official website by June 2020. Candidates who will successfully qualify ULSAT 2020 have to face a round of Group Discussion and Personal Interview after which the Final Merit List will be prepared which will be released again on the official website. The dates for those candidates who will qualify the GD-PI round and have to appear in ULSAT counselling will be posted on the official website will come up with detailed city-wise GD-PI round dates and other details.
ULSAT 2020 Scholarships
Candidates appearing in ULSAT 2020 will get a scholarship based on several criteria decided by University officials.
- 25% Scholarship on tuition fee for all girls taking admission in any of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate full duration program from 2020 session
- Eligibility Criteria: 75% of marks in class 10th and 12th.
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 20% seats of each program in the first semester for CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out Candidates.
Uttarakhand State Board Toppers Scholarship in LLB Program:
- Candidates should have a minimum of 80% aggregate in Class 10th & 12th and PCM.
- an aggregate of 80% marks for BBA and Law in Class 10th and 12th in UK State Board.
- 150 toppers from UK state board.
- The scholarship is provided based on merit (1 seat per program).
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile Candidates.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- Candidates will only be provided only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or through Uttarakhand Domicile category)
Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per merit scholarship policy of the University.
- The scholarship is provided on 25% of tuition fee for Boys and 35% for Girl Candidates in the first year
ULSAT 2020 Counselling
After the result declaration, qualified candidates have to appear in the ULSAT 2020 Counselling. Candidates can check the following details regarding the counselling process of University Law admission:
- ULSAT 2020 Counselling will start soon after the merit list is released in August 2020 following which the admission would be offered to the Candidates who have made it to the Final Merit List.
- Candidates shortlisted for final admission must bring all the important documents in original at the time of admission.
After scoring good in ULSAT, Candidate can opt for many degree courses. Various undergraduate courses offered at School of Law, UPES through the exam are given below:
- BA LLB (H) with specialisation in Energy Law/Criminal Law / Labor Law / Constitutional Law
- BBA LLB (H) with specialisation in Corporate Law/ International Trade & Investment Law / Banking, Insurance & Finance Regulations
- B.Sc LLB (H) with specialisation in IPR Law / Food & Health Law / Medical & Forensics Law
- B.Tech LLB (H) Computer Science & Engineering with specialisation in Cyber Law / IPR Law
- B.Com LLB (Hons) Taxation
- B.Com LLB (Hons) Media & Entertainment Law
- B.Com LLB (Hons) Legal Compliance and Secretarial Practices
- B.Sc., LL.B. (Hons.) Intellectual Property Rights( IPR)
- B.Sc., LL.B. (Hons.) Food, Health & Environmental Law
- B.Sc., LL.B. (Hons.) Medical & Forensic Law
- BA. LL.B. (Hons.) Criminal Law
- BA. LL.B. (Hons.) Labour Law
- BA. LL.B. (Hons.) Constitutional Law
- BA LLB (Hons) Energy Laws
- BBA LLB (Hons) Corporate Laws
- BA. LL.B. (Hons.) Constitutional Law
- BBA, LL.B. (Hons.) International Trade & Investment Law
- BBA, LL.B. (Hons.) Banking, Finance & Insurance Law
- LLM, Energy Law/ International Trade Law/ Law & Technology/ Corporate & Commercial Law
- LLM - Energy Law
- LLM - Law & Technology
- LLM - International Economic Law
- LLM - Business Law
* All programs offered by the UPES School of Law (SoL) are approved by Bar Council of India (BCI).
The UPES has also linked up with Coursera, which is an online international platform to help students prepare for the dynamic job landscape and equip themselves with skills required to thrive in the knowledge economy.
ULSAT 2020 Exam Centres
UPES conduct their ULSAT exams at various centres in each state of India. Candidate can choose exam centres according to their suitability. List of various ULSAT Test Centres 2020 for the exam is mentioned below:
- Bokaro Steel City
- Greater Noida
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
- Rae Bareli
- Sri Ganganagar
Note: The university has the rights to change/ cancel any test centre or city at its discretion( if required). In case of changes, new information will be updated as soon as the authority announces.
ULSAT 2020 Highlights
In the table below, candidates can get a glimpse of the whole article.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Uttarakhand
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses of Law
To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in School of Law, UPES
UPES Law School Admission Test
ULSAT or UPES Law School Admission Test is conducted by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies i.e., UPES for admission to Law Courses offered by the university. This admission test is conducted in Online mode, and the question paper is based on subjects such as Language Comprehension, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Logical Reasoning, Legal General Knowledge and Legal Aptitude.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies is a private university located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India specialising in fields of petroleum, energy and power. Established in 2003, it has been expanding its business and legal studies. The Huge campus of UPES is situated in Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.