UMLA 2023 or University Of Mumbai Law Academy (UMLA) Registration and admission process is conducted at the university level once a year. The admission to the University of Mumbai Law Academy is based on the score of the Maharashtra state common law entrance test (MHCET) and further counselling round. UMLA a constituent unit of the University of Mumbai, established in the year 2015, is a world-class institution, to provide excellent quality legal education as well as look after the overall development of students. Candidate appears for the MHCET- law will be offered integrated 5 years B.B.A. L.L.B (Hons.). Eligible candidates can fill their registration form from the official website. For more information about University of Mumbai Law Academy candidates requires to go through this article.
LUMLA 2023 Application Form
Candidates can fill the form from the official website of the university and submit it before the last date. Check out more information related to the registration process.
- Registration can be done both in online and offline mode.
- The application form can be obtained from the official website as well as from the university,
- Candidate are advised to fill in the details carefully and correctly while registration
- Choice of preferences for admission into different institutions will be given to the applicant in the application form
- Once the application process is done, the candidate must download it and take the print out
- Applicant have to bring the hard copy of the application form along with the Demand Draft (DD) and other required documents to the official University of Mumbai
UMLA 2023 Application Fee
All the candidates should pay the registration fee at the scheduled time or their application will not be valid officially. However, the Fee structure is different for different categories, see the table below:
UMLA Enrollment Fees 2023
General category candidates
Reserved category candidates
The Payment mode for the Registration Fee shall be done offline. All candidates have to submit the amount via DD Into the financial account of the University of Mumbai.
UMLA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate has to meet all the eligibility requirements for the Mumbai University Common law Entrance test. In case an application is fit to apply or ineligible, their application will be cancelled. Check out the eligibility requirements for the UMLA.
- A candidate seeking for the admission in University of Mumbai Law Academy (UMLA) should have passed the higher secondary exam or equivalent to it.
- For the General categories candidates, 45% in +2 is the minimum percentage requires for admission to UMLA
- There is 5% relaxation is for SC/ST candidates in terms of +2 Marks as compare to the General category and 3% relaxation for the OBC Candidates.
- Candidates who are appearing for the 10+2 exams in March/April 2023 can also apply for the University of Mumbai Law Academy (UMLA).
The University of Mumbai offers Integrated Fulltime BBA.LLB (Hons). The course and academic structure are entirely designed by experts to meet the current law structure. Students of the university get full exposure in terms of practical learning and training for the theses.
- 5 Years BBA.LLB Integrated course is designed in a way to provide candidates with all kinds of inclusive knowledge of law and management
- Students are trained to expertise in legal corporate and non-corporate sector
- Regular practice for students are designed for well-tuning advocacy
- Participation in pro bono activities is held for students
- Judges, practising advocates, well-trained faculties, advocates are part of the UMLA
- Students are regularly engaged in reasoning ability and debates to enhance themselves in terms of thinking and analyzing
- Mandatory visit of court and industry for Internship.
UMLA 2023 Admission Procedure
Admission to UMLA is based on the merit and score secured by the candidate in Maharashtra state common law entrance test (MHCET- LAW). Candidates are required to be very careful with the admission. Check out the procedure mentioned below;
- Admission to the University of Mumbai law academy is based on the score secured by the candidate in MHCET-LAW.
- Admission process will begin immediately after the commencement of Maharashtra common entrance law test [MHCET-LAW].
- 85% of the seat will be reserved for the candidate belongs to Maharashtra and having the domicile certificate.
- However candidates from all over India are welcomed for admission but there are limited seats for those, who are outside of Maharastra.
- Registration form and prospectus will be available at the UMLA office. Candidates must collect it from the office itself.
- All kinds of required documents are to be submitted at the college office before the prescribed time
Required Document for the Admission process
- School leaving or passing certificate indicates the date of birth
- SC mark sheet and certificate, S.sc mark sheet and certificate
- Domicile/Nationality certificate, prove of the caste or cast certificate
- CET Application form, CET hall ticket, NC in case of lost hall ticket
- Allotment letter, Performa H, and Aadhar card.
Additional information about UMLA, inside the campus
- 75%of attendance is mandatory for all students to appear for the semester exam
- Dress code is mandatory, formal white shirt, black pant, and black shoes are the law school uniform whereas blazers during moot court and events are must be worn by the student
- From 8:30 am to 3 pm is the timing from Monday to Saturday.
- Five practical’s papers in each semester are for the student of UMLA.
- Summer internships are held at reputed organizations, firms, commissions, and tribunals
UMLA 2023 Highlights
The candidates can check UMLA admission 2023 highlights below in the given table:
|Admission Name||UMLA Admission 2023|
|Conducting Body||University of Mumbai law academy|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|UMLA official website||https://mu.ac.in/|
University of Mumbai is one of the oldest and premier Universities in India. It was established in 1857 consequent upon “Wood’s Education Dispatch”, and it is one among the first three Universities in India. The profile of this University carved out in more than 150 years of its functioning attests to its manifold achievements as the intellectual and moral powerhouse of the society. The University has always given its best to the country in general and the city of Mumbai in particular by producing great leaders and eminent personalities in the world. It has been granted a Five Star status by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).