MH CET Law 2020 Exam has been postponed for 3 and 5 yrs LLB course. The Application submission last date for 3 years and 5 years LLB Courses was 08 June 2020. MH CET law is also known as Maharashtra Law CET. This exam is conducted by Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra. This entrance exam is conducted at the state level once a year. This exam offer admission into 3 year and 5-year degree law courses of LL.B, BBA-LLB, BLS-LLB, BA-LLB, etc. Interested candidate can go through the following article for detailed regarding MH CET law 2020 exam.
- MH CET LAW 2020 Exam has been postponed for 3 and 5yrs LLB course.
- The last date to submit the application form for 3 years and 5 year LLB Courses was 08 June 2020.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
LPU Admissions 2020
Thapar University Admission 2020
Manav Rachna University
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
UPES Management Entrance Test
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about MH CET LAW 2020: Exam(Postponed), Admit Card, Pattern, Syllabus - Admissions
MH CET LAW 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of MH CET law 2020 are given below.
|Events||Dates for 5 years Law Course||Dates for 3 years Law Course|
|Online Registration Starts||21 January 2020||19 March 2020|
|Online Registration Close||
All India Ramayana Quiz Competition Check Now
08 June 2020
08 June 2020
|Hall Ticket||05 June 2020|
|Result Declaration||15 May 2020||14 July 2020|
|Counselling||20 May 2020||21 July 2020|
These are the official notification regarding MH CET law exam.
MH CET LAW 2020 Exam Date Revised
Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra has revised the MH CET LAW 2020 Exam date for 03 years and 05 years LLB Courses. The exam for 05 years LLB Course will be conducted on 24 July 2020. And, the exam for 03 years LLB Course will be conducted on 06 August 2020. Candidates may check the official notice regarding the same below:
NOTE: Click here to view and download the official notification regarding exam postponed.
MH CET LAW 2020 Application Form
The vital information regarding MH CET Law Application form is given below.
- The application form has been released on 19 March 2020 for 03 year LLB Course.
- For 5-year LLB course, the application form has been started from 21 January 2020.
- The application form is available in online mode.
- Applicants can fill and submit the form on the official website.
- The last date to fill the application form was 08 June 2020 for 3 years and 5 years LLB Courses.
- During registration form filling, aspirants need to upload scanned images of photographs & signature.
- Candidates have to fill the form properly because there is no correction window for application form submission.
- It is advised to take a printout of the e-Receipt & online application for further use.
The category wise MH CET LAW Application fee is given below.
|General/ OBC||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 400/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay their fee through online mode by credit card, debit card or net banking.
NOTE: Click here to fill the 3-year MAH LLB Application Form.
MH CET LAW 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The vital information regarding MH CET Law Eligibility Criteria are given below.
- Nationality: Candidate must be Indian.
- International Applicant: Foreign, OCI, PIO or NRI applicants are also eligible.
- Age Limit: There is no upper and lower age limit for the exam.
LLB Course (3 years):
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have a graduate or postgraduate degree in any disciplines or its equivalent.
- Appearing Candidate: These candidates can also apply
- Marks Required: Pass the above exam with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST category of Maharashtra state only).
LLB Course (5 years):
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have completed their intermediate or its equivalent from recognized board/university.
- Appearing Candidate: These candidates can also apply
- Marks Required: Pass the above qualifying examination with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST category of Maharashtra state only)
MH CET LAW 2020 Admit Card
The vital information regarding MH CET LAW Admit Card is given below.
- The Admit Card will be issued by the conducting authority through online mode.
- Hall ticket will be released on 27 March 2020 for LLB Course (5 years) and 05 June 2020 for LLB Course (3 years).
- Candidates can download the Hall Ticket by entering registration number/roll number or date of birth/password.
- The authority will also inform through SMS or email on the applicant registered mobile number & email ID.
- The aspirant needs to fix a recent photograph on the Admit Card and Photo Identity Proof.
MH CET LAW 2020 Exam Pattern
The complete information regarding MH CET Law exam pattern is given below
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (Online Mode)|
|No. of Question||150|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Question|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every right answer|
|Negative Marking||No marks will be deducted for wrong answer|
|Language||English & Marathi|
Pattern for 3-years LL. B Course:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affair||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30|
Pattern for 5-year LL. B Course:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affair||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40|
NOTE: Click here to view and download the MAH LAW CET 3 year Information Bulletin.
NOTE: Click here to view and download the MAH LAW CET 5 year Information Bulletin.
MH CET LAW 2020 Syllabus
Students must go through the syllabus of MH CET Law while preparing for the exam. The list of the topics is covered are given below.
- Reading comprehension
- One word substitution
- Figures of Speech.
- Legal terms
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of crimes
- Contracts and constitutional laws
- International law
- Intellectual property rights
- Legal awareness covering constitutional Law and Polity
Logical and Analytical Reasoning:
- Logical links
- Illogical arguments
- Arguments Completing
- Drawing well Supported Conclusions
- Reasoning by Analogies
- Logical Conclusions
Mathematical Aptitude: This section is related to the syllabus covered in the subject of maths at class 10 and 12 levels such as:
- Simple and compound interest
- Profit and Loss
- Speed and Distance
- Time and Work
- Venn Diagram etc.
The syllabus is same for both the courses.
MH CET Law 2020 Books
The best books for MHT CET Exam are mentioned below:
- MH-CET Law for 3 Years LLB Course 2020.
- Self Study Guide for LLB Entrance Examination 2020
- MH-CET Law Examination 2018 Booster Test Series: 10 Mock Tests
- Maharashtra CLET 2020 for 5 Years Course
MH CET LAW 2020 Result
The vital information regarding MH CET Law Result is given below.
- Result will be declared on 15 May 2020 for LLB Course (5 years) and 14 July 2020 for LLB Course (3 years).
- The result will be declared in online mode.
- Candidate can check their scorecard on the official website.
- Based on the result, candidates should be qualified for the counselling session of MHCET Law 2020.
MH CET LAW 2020 Cut Off
The complete information regarding MH CET LAW 2020 Cut off is given below.
- The applicants those will obtain the marks equal or above than the cut off marks will be selected for the counselling.
- The cut off marks are the minimum qualifying marks which are fixed by the university separately for each course.
- These marks are the deciding factor of admission criteria.
- If applicants will reach the cut off marks, then they will be selected for counselling session otherwise they marked as disqualified.
Previous Year Cut Off:
|Institution Name||General Opening & Closing Rank||SC Opening & Closing Rank||ST Opening & Closing Rank|
|Government Law College Mumbai||Opening-144||129||127|
|Indian Law Society Law College Pune||Opening-143||109||103|
|Dr Ambedkar College of Law Mumbai||Closing-101||67||65|
|Gopaldas Jhamatmal Advani Law College Mumbai||Opening -139||108||104|
|New Law College Mumbai||Closing-88||55||45|
|Kishinchand Chellaram Law College Mumbai||Opening-133||100||91|
|Manikchand Pahade Law College Mumbai||Opening-121||99||97|
|Shri Shivaji Maratha Law College Pune||Opening-127||102||97|
|Shankarrao Chavan Law College Pune||Opening-131||102||97|
|Vidya Prasarak Mandal TMC Law College Thane||Opening-129||102||97|
|St. Wilfred’s College of Law Mumbai||Opening-127||93||83|
MH CET LAW 2020 Counselling Process
The details regarding MH CET Law 2020 Counselling Process is given below.
- The counselling process for five-year course will start from 20 May 2020 and for a three-year course of law counselling will get started from 21 July 2020.
- Candidates will get be intimated through email/SMS regarding the process of counselling.
- Counselling will start after the declaration of result and will be organised based on the merit list published with the result.
- Candidates can choose their college/university as per their choice and can freeze their seat.
- Reservation during the counselling will be applicable only for the candidates who belong to Maharashtra state.
Candidates need to bring their original documents and a set of photocopies of all the documents required for counselling which are listed below:
- MH CET 2020 Scorecard
- MH CET 2020 Hall ticket
- 12th standard Mark sheet
- 10th standard Mark sheet
- Another educational certificate i.e. graduation/ postgraduation certificate if any.
- Domicile Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
MH CET LAW Quota by Govt.
This quota which is reservation includes a reservation for three classes specifically the OBCs STs and SCs.
|Category||Percentage of Seats|
|OBC||27% (Out of 100%)|
|SC||15% (Out of 100%)|
|ST||7.5% (Out of 100%)|
As per the central government regulation of the Mandal Commission which says that the state shall provide 27% for all the candidates seeking posts or appointments under the government of India
Colleges Accepting MH CET Law Exam Score
The following are the colleges in the state of Maharashtra which would be considering and accepting admissions of the candidates based on the candidate score in MHCET 2020.
|Various names of all the MH CET based admission colleges||Cities|
|University of Mumbai||Mumbai|
|Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University.||Aurangabad|
|North Maharashtra University.||Jalgaon|
|Rastrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University.||Nagpur|
|Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.||Amravati|
|Savitri Bai Phule University.||Pune|
|Smt Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University||Mumbai|
|Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University||Nanded|
MH CET Law Exam Highlights
The highlights of MH CET Law Exam are given in the table below:
|Name of Exam||MH CET Law or Maharashtra Law CET|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Purpose||Admission into LL.B, BBA-LLB, BLS-LLB, BA-LLB, etc.|
|Language||English and Marathi|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Duration||02 hours|
Stay connected to entrancezone for the latest updates of MH CET Law
Read more about LAW Entrance Exams in India.
What is the basic eligibility for MH CET LAW 2020?
MH CET LAW 2020 is conducted for 5-year LLB and 3-year LLB Program. Students writing the exam for 5-year LLB program must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized Board with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories). Aspirants appearing for 3-year LLB Program through MH CET LAW must have graduated from any recognized university or college with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories).
What are the tie-breaking criteria in MH CET LAW 2020?
Tie-breaking criteria of the MH CET LAW is similar for 5-year and 3-year LLB program. Preference is given to students with higher scores in the qualifying exam.
How do I know that my application is registered successfully?
Successful registration is indicated when the Registration Number and Password is generated successfully. You must preserve the registration number carefully as it is required at the time of printing Application form and downloading Admit Card.
I am in my final year of graduation. Can I apply for MH CET LAW?
Yes. You can appear in MH CET LAW for 3-Year LLB Program. However, you should have completed your graduation by the time of admission.
MH CET Law 5-year LLB Exam Postponed
The official notification has been released on 24 March 2020 that new dates will be released for downloading the admit card and exam for 5-year LLB course. Candidates can refer to the following article.