MH CET Law 2021 Exam notification is yet to be announced for 3 and 5 yrs LLB course. Maharashtra Law CET is conducted by Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra. This entrance exam is conducted at the state level once a year. This exam offer admission into 3 year and 5-year degree law courses of LL.B, BBA-LLB, BLS-LLB, BA-LLB, etc. Interested candidate can go through the following article for details regarding MH CET law 2021 exam.
MH CET Law 2021 Exam Status
|Exam Notification||Yet to be announced|
MH CET LAW 2021 Dates
The important dates of MH CET law 2021 are given below.
|Events||Dates for 5 years Law Course||Dates for 3 years Law Course|
|Online Registration Starts||May 2021||May 2021|
|Online Registration Close||May 2021||May 2021|
|Hall Ticket||June 2021||June 2021|
|Exam Date||June 2021||June 2021|
|Result Declaration||June 2021||June 2021|
|Counselling||June 2021||June 2021|
These are the official notification regarding MH CET law exam.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about MH CET LAW 2021: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
MH CET LAW 2021 Application Form
The vital information regarding MH CET Law Application form is given below.
- The application form is available in online mode.
- Applicants can fill and submit the form on the official website.
- During registration form filling, aspirants need to upload scanned images of photographs & signature.
- Candidates have to fill the form properly because there is no correction window for application form submission.
- It is advised to take a printout of the e-Receipt & online application for further use.
MHT CET 2021 Law Application Fee
The category wise MH CET LAW Application fee is given below.
|General/ OBC||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 400/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay their fee through online mode by credit card, debit card or net banking.
MH CET LAW 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The vital information regarding MH CET Law Eligibility Criteria are given below.
- Nationality: The candidate must be Indian.
- International Applicant: Foreign, OCI, PIO or NRI applicants are also eligible.
- Age Limit: There is no upper and lower age limit for the exam.
LLB Course (3 years):
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have a graduate or postgraduate degree in any disciplines or its equivalent.
- Appearing Candidate: These candidates can also apply
- Marks Required: Pass the above exam with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST category of Maharashtra state only).
LLB Course (5 years):
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have completed their intermediate or its equivalent from recognized board/university.
- Appearing Candidate: These candidates can also apply
- Marks Required: Pass the above qualifying examination with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST category of Maharashtra state only)
MH CET LAW 2021 Exam Pattern
The complete information regarding MH CET Law exam pattern is given below
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (Online Mode)|
|No. of Question||150|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Question|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every right answer|
|Negative Marking||No marks will be deducted for wrong answer|
|Language||English & Marathi|
Pattern for 3-years LL. B Course:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affair||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30|
Pattern for 5-year LL. B Course:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affair||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40|
MH CET LAW 2021 Syllabus
Students must go through the syllabus of MH CET Law while preparing for the exam. The list of the topics is covered are given below.
- Reading comprehension
- One word substitution
- Figures of Speech.
- Legal terms
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of crimes
- Contracts and constitutional laws
- International law
- Intellectual property rights
- Legal awareness covering constitutional Law and Polity
Logical and Analytical Reasoning:
- Logical links
- Illogical arguments
- Arguments Completing
- Drawing well Supported Conclusions
- Reasoning by Analogies
- Logical Conclusions
Mathematical Aptitude: This section is related to the syllabus covered in the subject of maths at class 10 and 12 levels such as:
- Simple and compound interest
- Profit and Loss
- Speed and Distance
- Time and Work
- Venn Diagram etc.
The syllabus is same for both the courses.
MH CET LAW 2021 Admit Card
The vital information regarding MH CET LAW Admit Card is given below.
- The Admit Card will be issued by the conducting authority through online mode.
- Candidates can download the Hall Ticket by entering the registration number/roll number or date of birth/password.
- The authority will also inform through SMS or email on the applicant registered mobile number & email ID.
- The aspirant needs to fix a recent photograph on the Admit Card and Photo Identity Proof.
MH CET LAW 2021 Result
The vital information regarding MH CET Law Result is given below.
- The result will be declared in online mode.
- Candidate can check their scorecard on the official website.
- Based on the result, candidates should be qualified for the counselling session of MHCET Law 2020.
MH CET LAW 2021 Cut Off
The complete information regarding MH CET LAW 2021 Cut off is given below.
- The applicants who will obtain marks equal or above the cut off marks will be selected for the counselling.
- The cut off marks are the minimum qualifying marks that are fixed by the university separately for each course.
- These marks are the deciding factor of admission criteria.
- If applicants will reach the cut off marks, then they will be selected for counselling session otherwise they marked as disqualified.
Previous Year Cut Off:
|Institution Name||General Opening & Closing Rank||SC Opening & Closing Rank||ST Opening & Closing Rank|
|Government Law College Mumbai||Opening-144||129||127|
|Indian Law Society Law College Pune||Opening-143||109||103|
|Dr Ambedkar College of Law Mumbai||Closing-101||67||65|
|Gopaldas Jhamatmal Advani Law College Mumbai||Opening -139||108||104|
|New Law College Mumbai||Closing-88||55||45|
|Kishinchand Chellaram Law College Mumbai||Opening-133||100||91|
|Manikchand Pahade Law College Mumbai||Opening-121||99||97|
|Shri Shivaji Maratha Law College Pune||Opening-127||102||97|
|Shankarrao Chavan Law College Pune||Opening-131||102||97|
|Vidya Prasarak Mandal TMC Law College Thane||Opening-129||102||97|
|St. Wilfred’s College of Law Mumbai||Opening-127||93||83|
MH CET LAW 2021 Counselling Process
The details regarding MH CET Law 2021 Counselling Process is given below.
- Candidates will get be intimated through email/SMS regarding the process of counselling.
- Counselling will start after the declaration of result and will be organised based on the merit list published with the result.
- Candidates can choose their college/university as per their choice and can freeze their seat.
- Reservation during the counselling will be applicable only for the candidates who belong to Maharashtra state.
Candidates need to bring their original documents and a set of photocopies of all the documents required for counselling which are listed below:
- MH CET 2020 Scorecard
- MH CET 2020 Hall ticket
- 12th standard Mark sheet
- 10th standard Mark sheet
- Another educational certificate i.e. graduation/ postgraduation certificate if any.
- Domicile Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
MH CET LAW Quota by Govt.
This quota which is reservation includes a reservation for three classes specifically the OBCs STs and SCs.
|Category||Percentage of Seats|
|OBC||27% (Out of 100%)|
|SC||15% (Out of 100%)|
|ST||7.5% (Out of 100%)|
As per the central government regulation of the Mandal Commission which says that the state shall provide 27% for all the candidates seeking posts or appointments under the government of India
Colleges Accepting MH CET Law Exam Score
The following are the colleges in the state of Maharashtra which would be considering and accepting admissions of the candidates based on the candidate score in MHCET 2020.
|Various names of all the MH CET based admission colleges||Cities|
|University of Mumbai||Mumbai|
|Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University.||Aurangabad|
|North Maharashtra University.||Jalgaon|
|Rastrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University.||Nagpur|
|Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.||Amravati|
|Savitri Bai Phule University.||Pune|
|Smt Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University||Mumbai|
|Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University||Nanded|
MH CET Law 2021 Highlights
The highlights of MH CET Law Exam are given in the table below:
|Name of Exam||MH CET Law or Maharashtra Law CET|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Purpose||Admission into LL.B, BBA-LLB, BLS-LLB, BA-LLB, etc.|
|Language||English and Marathi|
What is the basic eligibility for MH CET LAW 2020?
MH CET LAW 2020 is conducted for 5-year LLB and 3-year LLB Program. Students writing the exam for 5-year LLB program must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized Board with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories). Aspirants appearing for 3-year LLB Program through MH CET LAW must have graduated from any recognized university or college with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories).
What are the tie-breaking criteria in MH CET LAW 2020?
Tie-breaking criteria of the MH CET LAW is similar for 5-year and 3-year LLB program. Preference is given to students with higher scores in the qualifying exam.
How do I know that my application is registered successfully?
Successful registration is indicated when the Registration Number and Password is generated successfully. You must preserve the registration number carefully as it is required at the time of printing Application form and downloading Admit Card.
I am in my final year of graduation. Can I apply for MH CET LAW?
Yes. You can appear in MH CET LAW for 3-Year LLB Program. However, you should have completed your graduation by the time of admission.