PUTHAT 2021 or Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test is a University Level Exam which is conducted once a year. The PUTHAT exam will be in offline mode and application and admit card will be available online. This exam includes four subjects and the total time allocated to the candidates will be 90 minutes. The admission to both the courses will be based on their merit list. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the PUTHAT 2021 exam like eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
PUTHAT 2021 Exam Status
|Exam Notification||Yet to Announce|
PUTHAT 2021 Important Dates
Panjab University announced the dates for Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2021 (PUTHAT). The details regarding the exam dates are given below:
|PUTHAT Availability of prospectus and Online Application Form||June 2021|
|Last date of Submission to Generate Challan||Last week of June 2021|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using a website generated challan||Last week of June 2021|
|Last date of fee submission through online mode||Last week of June 2021|
|Last date of uploading the documents||Last week of June 2021|
|Admit card downloading dates||July 2021|
|PUTHAT Exam Date||July 2021|
|Result Declaration tentative dates||August 2021|
|Date of Availability of Admission Forms||August 2021|
|Date of submission of Admission Form||August 2021|
|1st Counseling (General category)||August 2021|
|1st Counseling (Reserved category)||August 2021|
|2nd Counseling (General & Reserved category)||August 2021|
These above-mentioned dates are as per the official notification released by the authority.
PUTHAT 2021 Application Form
The details regarding the PUTHAT Application form 2021 are given below:
- PUTHAT application form 2021 will be released soon.
- The application form is available in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website.
- Candidate may fill the details as per the guidelines.
- The documents to be uploaded should be in the prescribed format only.
- Moreover, Candidates may keep a copy of filled application form for further use.
PUTHAT 2021 Application fee
The application fee details are given below:
|General Category||Rs. 2175/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Category||Rs. 1088/-|
- Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online as well as offline mode.
- Online mode: Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Offline mode: Through any branch of SBI Bank.
How to fill the Application Form?
The steps to fill the application form for Punjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test is given below:
- First of all candidates have to go on the official website of Panjab University.
- Secondly, candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully.
- After doing the registration candidates have to note down their login credentials.
- Then download the SBI slip.
- Candidates can pay the application fees in any SBI Branch in India.
- If candidate delay more than 24 hours after depositing the fee in Bank and your journal number will not be confirmed, write a note to the [email protected] with a scanned copy of bank slip.
- Then candidates will have to log in their credentials and upload scanned photograph, candidate signature, fill other required fields and save and confirm.
Courses Offered under Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2021
- 4-year program in Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT).
- 4-year program in Bachelor of Tour and Travel Management (BIIT).
- Cancer, Aids and Thalassemia patient.
- One girl child out of the only two girl children.
- Wards of Kashmiri Displaced Person.
- Rural and Border Area Students.
- Youth festival.
PUTHAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The qualification criteria for Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2021 is released by Panjab University.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 exam from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi with an aggregate of 50% or above but not less than 50% and English is the compulsory subject for PUTHAT 2021.
- Candidates have to fulfil all the conditions for admission as prescribed in the rules and regulation of the Panjab University.
- In case, Candidates will not found eligible the admission process will be cancelled at any stage.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 exams from Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad are not eligible for PUTHAT 2021 exam because this institution has been de-recognized by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Those exams which are conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Delhi, have also been deleted from the booklet because it is including in the booklet of recognized exams.
General and Reserved Seats Distribution
The details regarding the seat reservation criteria are given below:
|Course||Number of Seats|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
(Four Year Programme)
|60 + 06 NRI|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||30 + 03 NRI|
PUTHAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The detailed information regarding the PUTHAT Exam Pattern is given below.
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Types of Question||MCQs|
|Marking Scheme||01 mark will be deducted for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks deducted from every wrong answer|
|Time Duration||90 minutes|
Scheme of Examination:
|Current Affair and General Awareness||20||20|
|Hospitality Industry Awareness||30||30|
PUTHAT 2021 Syllabus
The details regarding the PUTHAT Syllabus are given below:
- The Syllabus is released by the authority.
- Candidates may go through the complete syllabus for preparation of the exam.
- The subjects included are given below
- English Aptitude
- Current Affair and General Awareness
- Reasoning Ability
- Hospitality Industry Awareness
PUTHAT Sample Papers
The sample paper contains the following Components:
- 1st Component: English Aptitude
- 2nd Component: Current Affairs and General Awareness
- 3rd Component: Reasoning Ability
- 4th Component: Hospitality Industry Awareness
Also, Candidates can download the Sample Papers:
PUTHAT 2021 Admit Card
The details regarding the PUTHAT 2021 Admit card are given below:
- Panjab University will release the Admit card after the successful submission of the application form.
- The admit card will release in online mode
- Candidates who have registered themselves can download the admit card from the official website.
- PUTHAT Admit card is the necessary document to be carried on the day of the exam.
- Candidates have to bring a valid ID proof along with the admit card
How to download the PUTHAT Admit Card 2021?
The steps to download the admit card for PUTHAT 2021 Exam:
- First of all, candidates have to go on the official website.
- Enter the login credentials i.e login id and password.
- Click on Admit card link and the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Click on the download option and admit card will get downloaded on the device.
- Moreover, Candidates are advised to check all the details and after checking all the details candidates can download the Admit card.
PUTHAT 2021 Result
The details regarding the PUTHAT 2021 result are given below:
- PUTHAT result will release soon after the exam will be over.
- The result will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
- Candidates will need to login to check the result.
- The result will be generated on the basis of performance of candidate in the PUTHAT exam.
- On the basis of result and cutoff scores, the candidate will be selected for the counselling process.
How to check the result of PUTHAT 2021 Online?
Steps to check the PUTHAT 2021 result are given below:
- The candidates who have participated in the Punjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test may view their results online from the website puthat.puchd.ac.in.
- Then, Candidates will have to go to the Login Page from the left-hand side menu bar having all the links related to the results under the Main Menu.
- However, use your unique Login ID and Password for accessing the results online.
- Sign In and see all the details related to your exam and results from the concerned page.
- Also, the applicants can thus save and Print their results generated in this manner.
PUTHAT 2021 Cutoff
Candidates who will qualify the exam will have to meet the cutoff of PUTHAT 2021. The cutoff will be included in the merit list released by the Panjab University. Candidates meeting the cutoff will be eligible for the counselling process. Merit cutoff will be different for various categories as mentioned below:
- The cutoff for General category candidates will be 15%.
- The cutoff for SC/ST/Backward class/persons with disabilities will be 10%.
PUTHAT 2021 Counselling Session
Candidates who qualify the entrance exam will be able to attend the counselling session at Chandigarh. The counselling session will be in offline mode. Then all qualifying candidates will be required to report at the University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
Documents Required for the Counselling
Candidates will require to carry all the important documents in the counselling session which are stated below:
- Class 10th and 12th birth certificate.
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Certificates.
- Admit card of PUTHAT 2021.
- PUTHAT 2021 Admission Form.
- SC/ST/PWD certificate.
- Demand draft in favour of “Registrar, Punjab University, Chandigarh”, payable at Chandigarh.
PUTHAT 2021 Counselling Process
The process for PUTHAT 2021 is given below:
- First of all, Candidates who qualified PUTHAT 2021 Exam will download and submit the Admission Form.
- Secondly, submit all the necessary copies of Original certificates (Date of birth, Qualifying Examination and applicable Category Certificate) along with the Admission Form in UIHTM department.
- Also, bring all the above-mentioned documents on the day of counselling along with the requisite fees.
- All the candidates need to be physically present for the counselling.
- In case of absence, he/she shall not be eligible for subsequent counselling.
Fee Structure of Panjab University of Hotel Management
The details regarding the fee structure of Punjab University of Hotel Management are given below:
|Course||First Instalment at the time of
|Second Installment in the month of
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)||Rs. 41,860/- + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3,000/- p.a.||Rs. 33,215/-|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)||Rs. 29,155 + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3,000/- p.a.||Rs. 20,510/-|
Note: kindly check the official website of UIHTM for latest updates in the fees section.
PUTHAT 2021 Highlights
The complete overview of the PUTHAT Exam is given below:
|Name of Exam||Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT)|
|Exam Conducting Body||University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM)|
|Level of Exam||University Level Exam|
|Courses||Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT), Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)|
puthat sample papers, puthat 2019, panjab university, punjab university hotel management syllabus, cetpg puchd ac in 2020, punjab university application form 2020, pu trip 2019, panjab university phd admission 2020.