PUTHAT 2019 full form is Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2019. Panjab University announces Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2019 for taking admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) in The University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management, Chandigarh. It is a University Level Exam which is conducted once a year. The PUTHAT exam will be in offline mode and application and admit card will be available online. Furthermore, Application procedure starts from 05 March 2019 and last date of Application 04 April 2019. The last date of fee submission will be 04 April 2019. PUTHAT 2019 exam includes four subjects and the total time allocated to the candidates will be 90 minutes. The admission to both the courses will be on the basis of their merit list.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main April Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- SRM Univ. B.Tech Admission Open Apply Now
- UPES Admission 2019 Batch is Now Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- KIIT Bhubaneswar Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Banasthali University (Women Only) Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
PUTHAT 2019 Important Dates
Panjab University announced the dates for Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2019 (PUTHAT):
|PUTHAT Availability of prospectus and Online Application Form||05 March 2019|
|Last date of Submission to Generate Challan||04 April 2019|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan||08 April 2019|
|Last date of uploading the documents||10 April 2019|
|Admit card downloading dates||16 April 2019|
|PUTHAT Exam Date||10 May 2019|
|Uploading of Answer key and inviting objections||15 May 2019|
|Result Declaration||27 May 2019|
|Date of Availability of Admission Forms||30 may 2019|
|Date of submission of Admission Form||27 June 2019|
|1st Counseling (General category)||27 June 2019|
|1st Counseling (Reserved category)||28 June 2019|
|2nd Counseling (General & Reserved category)||5 July 2019|
Courses Offered under Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2019
- 4-year program in Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT).
- 4-year program in Bachelor of Tour and Travel Management (BIIT).
- Cancer, Aids and Thalassemia patient.
- One girl child out of the only two girl children.
- Wards of Kashmiri Displaced Person.
- Rural and Border Area Students.
- Youth festival.
PUTHAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The qualification criteria for Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2019 is released by Panjab University.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 exam from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi with an aggregate of 50% or above but not less than 50% and English is the compulsory subject for PUTHAT 2019.
- Candidates have to fulfil all the conditions for admission as prescribed in the rules and regulation of the Panjab University.
- In case, Candidates will not found eligible the admission process will be cancelled at any stage.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 exams from Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad are not eligible for PUTHAT 2019 exam because this institution has been de-recognized by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Those exams which are conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Delhi, have also been deleted from the booklet because it is including in the booklet of recognized exams.
General and Reserved Seats Distribution
|Course||Number of Seats|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
(Four Year Programme)
|60 + 06 NRI|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||30 + 03 NRI|
PUTHAT 2019 Application Process:
The application form for Punjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test is given below:
- First of all candidates have to go on the official website of Panjab University.
- Secondly, candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully.
- After doing the registration candidates have to note down their login credentials.
- Then download the SBI slip.
- Candidates can pay the application fees in any SBI Branch in India.
- If candidate delay more than 24 hours after depositing the fee in Bank and your journal number will not be confirmed, write a note to the [email protected] with a scanned copy of bank slip.
- Then candidates will have to log in their credentials and upload scanned photograph, candidate signature, fill other required fields and save and confirm.
|General Category||Rs. 2175/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Category||Rs. 1088/-|
Fee Structure of Panjab University of Hotel Management
|Course||First Instalment at the time of
|Second Installment in the month of
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)||Rs. 41,860/- + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3,000/- p.a.||Rs. 33,215/-|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)||Rs. 29,155 + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3,000/- p.a.||Rs. 20,510/-|
Note: kindly check official website of UIHTM for latest updates in fees section.
PUTHAT 2019 Admit Card
Panjab University will release the Admit card on 16 April 2019. Candidates who have registered for PUTHAT 2019 can download the admit card online. Moreover, candidates should follow the admit card procedure given below:
How to download the PUTHAT Admit Card 2019?
The steps to download the admit card for PUTHAT 2019 Exam:
- First of all, candidates have to go on the official website and enter their login credentials.
- Secondly, candidates are advised to check all the details and after checking all the details candidates can download the Admit card.
Documents Required at Exam Center:
Candidates will be required to carry the Admit Card at the exam centre.
Exam centre: Exam centre for PUTHAT 2019 is in Chandigarh.
PUTHAT 2019 Syllabus
The subjects include in the PUTHAT 2019 are English Aptitude, Current Affair and General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Hospitality Industry Awareness.
PUTHAT 2019 Exam Pattern
PUTHAT 2019 is an offline mode test. It will make a candidate familiar with respect to a number of questions, Duration of exam and type of questions. 1 mark for each right answer and similarly 0.25 marks deducted from every wrong answer. So the total time for the exam will be 90 minutes.
Scheme of Examination:
|Current Affair and General Awareness||20||20|
|Hospitality Industry Awareness||30||30|
PUTHAT Sample Papers
The sample paper contains the following Components:
- 1st Component: English Aptitude
- 2nd Component: Current Affairs and General Awareness
- 3rd Component: Reasoning Ability
- 4th Component: Hospitality Industry Awareness
Also, Candidates can download the Sample Papers:
PUTHAT 2019 Result:
Learn how to check the result of PUTHAT 2019 online?
Steps to check PUTHAT 2019 result:
A) The candidates who have participated in the Punjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test may view their results online from the website puthat.puchd.ac.in.
B) Firstly, Candidates will have to go to the Login Page from the left-hand side menu bar having all the links related to the results under the Main Menu.
C) Secondly, use your unique Login ID and Password for accessing the results online.
D) Sign In and see all the details related to your exam and results from the concerned page.
E) Also, the applicants can thus save and Print their results generated in this manner.
PUTHAT 2019 Cutoff:
Candidates who will qualify the exam will have to meet the cutoff of PUTHAT 2019. Cutoff will be included in the merit list released by the Panjab University. Candidates meeting the cutoff will be eligible for the counselling process. Merit cutoff will be different for various categories as mentioned below:
- The cutoff for General category candidates will be 15%.
- The cutoff for SC/ST/Backward class/persons with disabilities will be 10%.
PUTHAT 2019 Counselling Session:
Candidates who qualify the entrance exam will be able to attend the counselling session at Chandigarh. The counselling session will be in offline mode. Then all qualifying candidates will be required to report at the University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management. Candidates will require to carry all the important documents in the counselling session which are stated below:
- Class 10th and 12th birth certificate.
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Certificates.
- Admit card of PUTHAT 2019.
- PUTHAT 2019 Admission Form.
- SC/ST/PWD certificate.
- Demand draft in favour of “Registrar, Punjab University, Chandigarh”, payable at Chandigarh.
PUTHAT 2019 Counselling Process:
The process for PUTHAT 2019 is given below:
- First of all, Candidates who qualified PUTHAT 2019 Exam will download and submit the Admission Form.
- Secondly, submit all the necessary copies of Original certificates (Date of birth, Qualifying Examination and applicable Category Certificate) along with the Admission Form in UIHTM department.
- Also, bring all the above-mentioned documents on the day of counselling along with the requisite fees.
- All the candidates need to be physically present for the counselling.
- In case of absence, he/she shall not be eligible for subsequent counselling.
What are the dates for the Counselling session?
Dates and Time for the Counselling are given below:
b) Other than General (Reserved and Additional categories)
|27th June 2019 (General)
28th July 2019(Other than General)
b) Other than General (Reserved and Additional categories)
c) General (after de-reservation)
|5th July 2019||
9:30 a.m. (onwards)
PUTHAT 2019 Highlights – UIHTM
|Name of Exam||Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT)|
|Exam Conducting Body||University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM)|
|Level of Exam||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Mode (Offline)|
|Courses||Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT), Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)|
|Result Web Page||http://results.puchd.ac.in|