NDA (I) 2020 Exam date has been released on 06 June 2020. NDA (I) 2020 entrance exam will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission [UPSC]. It is a national level entrance exam which is conducted twice in a year as NDA (I) and NDA (II). Clearing NDA exam will take candidates a step closer in getting entry into the Army, Air Force, and Navy. After qualifying the NDA (I) entrance exam, applicants have to qualify the SSB interview conducted by the Service Selection Board.
To join National Defence Academy a student must appear in the entrance exam conducted twice a year by UPSC – Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi. The UPSC issue the guidelines regarding the selection and conduction of the NDA (I) entrance examination. Candidates can get all the details of NDA [I] 2020 exam, including dates, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, etc in this article.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
LPU Admissions 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
UPES Management Entrance Test
KIIT University Admission 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
Manav Rachna University
Shoolini University Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
Thapar University Admission 2020
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
NDA (I) 2020 Latest Update
- NDA 2020 Exam dates have been released. NDA-I and NDA-II will be conducted on 06 September 2020.
NDA (I) 2020 Important Dates
Important dates of NDA (I) & NDA (II) 2020 are mentioned in the table below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NDA (I) 2020: Exam Date(OUT), Admit Card, Result - Admissions
|Notification Release||08 January 2020||10 June 2020|
|Start of Application form||08 January 2020||10 June 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||28 January 2020 (Until 06:00 PM)||30 June 2020|
|Online removal of Application form date||04 February 2020||—|
|Last date for removal of Online Application form||11 February 2020||—|
|Admit card release date||Three week before the Examination||—|
|NDA Exam date||06 September 2020||06 September 2020|
|Result Declaration date||Third week of June 2020||November 2020|
|Final result date||First week of November 2020||November 2020|
NDA 2020 Exam Dates Released
UPSC has released the exam dates for NDA-I and NDA-II exam. Both the exams will be conducted on 06 September 2020. Candidates may boost up their preparation as the exam date is now released.
NDA (I) Admit card
The details regarding the NDA 2020 admit card are given below:
- NDA (I) 2020 Admit Card will be released three weeks prior to the examination.
- Candidates can expect NDA Admit Card 2020 in the last week of March 2020.
- Here we are providing some important information about NDA (I) 2020 admit card:
- Admit card can only be downloaded through the official website that is via online mode.
- It is mandatory for candidates to bring the admit card at the examination venue.
NDA (I) 2020 Application Form
The NDA (I) 2020 Application Form has been released by the Union Public Service Commission on 08 January 2020. Aspirants can submit the online application form until 28 January 2020.
- UPSC has provided the NDA (I) 2020 application form through online mode.
- The registration form comprises of 2 parts, i.e Part 1 and Part 2.
- Applicants need to provide their general details ie Part 1.
- In Part 2, applicants need to select their exam, pay the application fee and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- All the details and relevant information required in the application form are to be filled carefully.
- The photographs should be in JPG format with (3Kb – 40Kb) and signature (1Kb – 40Kb) size.
- No correction will be done after the final submission of the UPSC NDA (I) application form.
- A printout of the filled application form has to be taken for future use.
Click here to download the NDA (I) 2020 Information Brochure.
- Candidates of the general category have to pay Rs. 100/-.
- No amount of fee to be paid by the Reserved category (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee).
- The payment of fees can be done through the net banking/credit card/debit card.
- The application fee can also be paid in cash through SBI bank Challan. Candidates must note that the last date for Pay by Cash is 27 January 2020 (Until 11:59 PM).
Click here to fill the NDA (I) 2020 Application form.
NDA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria of NDA 2020 (Phase-1) are mentioned in the table below.
Candidates from Tibet permanently settled in India before 01 January 1962.
|Age||Should lie Before 02 July 2001 and not after 01 July 2004 (Part 1)
Should lie before 02 January 2002 and not after 01 July 2005 (Part 2)
|Gender and marital status||Only unmarried candidates
No female candidates
|Qualifying exam||Passed or appearing 12th or equivalent class from any recognized board|
|Subjects||Must clear the qualifying exam with Physics and Mathematics (For Air Force and Naval of NDA (I) and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy).|
National Defence Academy Qualification Criteria
Eligibility Criteria of the National Defence Academy is mentioned below. The eligibility criteria mentioned hereby is as obtained from the official recruitment website of the Indian Army.
|Age Criteria||As per UPSC notification|
|Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy|
|Application to be Received by||As per UPSC notification|
|Likely SSB Date||Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr|
|Date Commencement of Training||January and July|
|Training Academy||NDA (II), Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Duration of Training||3 Yrs at NDA (I) and 1 Yr at IMA(For Army cadets)/
03 Yrs at NDA (I) and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA (I) and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
NDA (I) Syllabus
The core syllabus of NDA (I) comprises of General ability, English and Mathematics subjects. The NDA (I) Syllabus will be usually based on 10th class. Candidates should prepare as per the syllabus in order to achieve good marks.
NDA (I) Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of NDA Phase (1) going to be held on 19 April 2020 is mentioned in the table below.
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode (Pen-paper mode).|
|Duration of Exam||The two and half hour [for each paper]|
|Type of Question||Objective Type Questions|
|Number of Papers||NDA (I) will be conducted in two papers, i.e, Mathematics & General Ability|
|Maximum Marks||900 Marks|
|Negative Marking||0.33% marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
Subject wise Weightage
|General Ability||02||600||2.5 hrs.|
NDA (I) 2020 Answer Key
The answer key will be published via online mode. The answer key will not be released officially. The Answer Key will help candidates to calculate their rough marks.
NDA (I) Result 2020
The NDA (I) Result 2020 will be checked via Online mode. Given below we are giving information about the NDA (I) 2020 result:
- UPSC NDA (I) Result 2020 will be released in the third week of June 2020.
- Candidates can check their results in online mode only through the official website.
- After the declaration of the NDA (I) result, selected candidates can proceed for SSB interview, training, etc.
- Students are required to take a printout of the result for further use.
Check here NDA (I) Result 2019 here.
SSB INTERVIEW PROCESS
The shortlisted candidates will only be able to take part in the SSB interview round. The SSB interview round is organized by the Service Selection Board and is conducted in two stages.
First stage: The Officer Intelligence Rating Tests, Picture Perception & Description Test.
Second stage: Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and Conference.
National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I), 2020 Cutoff
Minimum qualifying standard(II)rd/marks at the written stage and marks secured by the last candidate in the Merit order at the final stage of the examination. NDA (I) cut off has been released on the official website.
|Minimum qualifying standard (II)rd/marks at the written stage (out of 900 marks)||Marks secured by the last candidate
in the Merit order (out of 1800 marks)
|258 (With at least 25% marks in each subject)||624|
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2017
Minimum Qualifying staNDA(II)rd approved at the written stage and marks secured by the last recommended candidate at the final stage of the Examination.
|Minimum qualifying standard (II)rd
approved at the written stage
(Out of 900 marks)
|Marks secured by the last finally
(Out of 1800 marks)
|342 (With at least 25 % marks in each
Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
- Firstly, the Candidates who will be selected after clearing the written test have to go through the SSB interview round.
- Secondly, the NDA (II) SSB interview will consist of two stages, i.e. stage 1 and stage 2.
- In stage 1, candidates will have to go through the OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Candidates will be selected for stage 2 on the basis of candidate’s performance in the OIR and PP & DT tests.
- Also, Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference will take place in stage 2.
- Furthermore, SSB interview round will be held over 4 – 5 days.
- After approved at the SSB, finally, candidates will have to clear the medical examination round.
NDA (II) Previous Year Question Paper
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2018.
National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2017
Previous year Answer Keys
- Answer Key by Major Kalshi Classes.
|Mathematics||Set A||Click here|
|Set B||Click here|
|Set C||Click here|
|Set D||Click here|
|GAT||Set A||Click here|
|Set B||Click here|
|Set C||Click here|
NDA(II) 2020 form, NDA(II) exam 2020, upsc NDA(II) 2020, NDA(II) 2020 eligibility age, forms for NDA(II) 2020, NDA(II) (ii) · 2020