DU DSE MA in Economics: DU DSE MA in Economics is a prestigious course offered by Delhi University to students all over the world. It is a two-year full-time programme, consisting of fifteen courses, of which six are compulsory core courses and nine are elective/optional courses. Now that you have an overview of the course, let’s now move towards the procedure of admission, registration, and other details.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
Delhi School of Economics Latest Updates
- The admission forms will be available in May/June.
- Delhi School of Economics is a department under Delhi University.
DU DSE MA (Economics) Admission 2019
Admission to this course has a number of steps :
Eligibility: A candidate must be a graduate with B.A Economics is considered eligible to apply. 50 per cent of the total seats are filled through merit and the other 50 per cent are filled through an Entrance exam.
Indian student (General): Indian Nationals can get admission through two modes, mentioned above.
For both there is a certain criteria:
- Direct Mode: Student must have secured at least 60% aggregate in B.A. Economics (Hons).
- Entrance Mode: Student must have secured at least 60% or 1st division or equivalent CGPA in any UnderGraduate/PostGraduate degree in any subject.
- Foreign Students: A foreign national may be given choice to choose either to take a departmental test or submit their GRE scores along with 2 letters of recommendation from their 2 academic referees.
- Entrance mode: Anyone who chooses to apply this way must fill the form online and apply within the prescribed.
DU DSE MA (Economics) Admission 2019 Important Dates
|Opening Of Online Registration||2nd week of June 2019|
|Closing of online Registration||4th week of June 2019|
DU DSE MA (Economics) Registration
Candidates need to register themselves which is the first step of admission procedure of the course. Registration for the same opens during the 2nd week of June and tentatively close in the 4th week of June. They can register themselves by visiting the official site od DSE i.e www.econdse.org. The registration shall require personal details, educational details, experience if any, correspondence details, uploading scanned photos etc. And finally, the fee for the same will be deposited online. Candidates will get their application number and password will be given. These credentials will be used to download the application form.
DU DSE MA (Economics) Admission Exam Pattern
Before appearing for the exam you must know the pattern of the same. You must be thorough with the bachelor’s concepts and have knowledge about the below mentioned topics :
- Microeconomic theory,
- Macroeconomic theory
- Mathematical techniques used by economists, and
- Probability, statistics and elementary econometrics.
Paper will be in offline mode. The question paper will have multiple choice questions for which positive marks will be given and negative marking will be there.
Eligibility Criteria for DU DSE MA (Economics)
Minimum qualifying marks for MA (economics) entrance exam 2019:
A candidate must secure a minimum percentage of marks in the test.
- 40% for General Category
- 36% for OBC Category
- 20% ST/SC Category
The question paper will have multiple choice questions for which positive marks will be given.
Reservation: 50% of the seats are set aside for direct admission of the graduates of B.A. Economics (Hons) and the remaining ones are then filled through entrance test.
After the exam, merit list for reserved category and open category will be made and displayed either on the website or on the notice board of the departmental office. Candidates will be ranked on the basis of marks obtained. After getting selected, documentation will be done. All necessary certificates will be required in their original form with 4 passport size photographs.
For further details visit the official site of Delhi School of Economics: www.econdse.org
Courses are taken in the following sequence:
- Semester I: Macroeconomic Theory, Introductory Mathematical Economics, Macroeconomic Theory
- Semester II: Introductory Econometrics, Markets, Institutions and Economic Growth, Economic Development & Policy in India, One optional paper
- Semester III: Four optional papers
- Semester IV: Four optional papers
DU DSE MA (Economics) Admission 2019 Downloadable Question Papers PDF
The previous year question papers are available for downloading at Delhi University, Department of Economics Website. Click here to download previous year question paper.
|Year Wise Question Papers||Download Links|