NMMS Scholarship 2021 for the state of Punjab has been released. The last date to apply online is 15 November 2021. Madhya Pradesh NMMS Admit Card has been released. NMMS Scholarship is for class 8 students belonging to the economically weaker sections to help them continue higher education. The National Means Cum- Merit Scholarship (NMMS) program is implemented by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, MHRD (Gov. of India). The students who have passed in class 8 with a minimum of 55% and belongs to the economically weaker section can apply for the NMMS Scholarship. Eligible candidates will have to fill the NMMS Application Form. Scholarship of Rs. 12000/- per annum (Rs.1000/- per month) per student is awarded to selected students every year for study in classes from IX to XII in State Government, Government Aided, and local body schools. Get more details of the NMMS 2021 application form, eligibility, scholarship amount, etc, from this article.
Punjab NMMS 2021 for Class 8 has been released. Students can Click Here to participate. The last date to apply online for Punjab NMMS is 15 November 2021.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NMMS Scholarship 2021: Punjab NMMS Application Form (Out), Madhya Pradesh NMMS Admit Card (Out) - Admissions
Madhya Pradesh NMMS 2020 – 21 Admit Card is out. Click here to download the Admit Card for Madhya Pradesh NMMS 2020 – 2021. The exam will be on 26 September 2021.
NMMS Scholarship Exam 2021 Status
Candidates will have to check the details about the NMMS exam and other updates. The exam status of NMMS is given in the table below:
|NMMS Scholarship Exam Application Form 2021||Punjab NMMS Application Form (Out)|
NMMS 2021 Dates
The NMMS scholarship is generally announced every year during the month of July- August and its deadline falls in the month of October. This application period is tentative as it varies from year to year. It may change the next year as per the discretion of the scholarship provider. Candidates can check the tentative dates of the NMMS Scholarship from the table given below:
|Availability of application form||September-October 2021|
|Last date of submission of the application form||September 2021|
|Application defective verification last date||September 2021|
|Institute verification last date||October 2021|
|Admit card release date||A week before the exam date|
|Exam date (may vary for some states)||November- December 2021|
|Declaration of result||January- April 2022|
NMMS 2021 Application Form
Students must fill the NMMS Scholarship Form in order to receive the award. The application form of NMMS will be available in online/ offline mode. The applicants who have completed the registration for NMMS can take part in the scholarship program. There is reservation as per State Government norms. The selection of students award of the scholarships is made through an examination conducted by the State Governments. Applicants must read the eligibility criteria before applying for NMMS. Students are also informed about the availability of NMMS application forms by the authorities of their schools. The candidates must fill the online NMMS applications before the last date.
How to Apply for NMMS 2021 Scholarship for Class 8 Students?
Students must complete the NMMS 2021 Registration process through offline or online modes. The details of how to apply for NMMS are given in this section.
NMMS Application Online Mode
The candidates can apply online for NMMS Scholarship. Follow the steps given below to apply through online mode:
- Students must visit the conducting authority and check the latest updates section.
- Now click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Enter all the details in the online application form.
- Finally, click on Submit button.
- Take the printout of the online application form.
- Now, the two attested hard copies of the application form with essential documents should be submitted to the respective school.
- The head of school must forward the applications to nodal schools and retain one copy for a school record.
NMMS Application Offline Mode
Students can also obtain the NMMS Application form from their respective schools. In the case of offline mode, students have to submit the filled NMMS Application form along with necessary documents to the school in which a student is studying. Candidates whose forms are accepted will be able to collect the admit cards from their respective schools, a few days before the exam.
Documents Required for NMMS Registration
The candidates must submit the attested copies of the documents for the NMMS Scholarship for class 8 students. The official authorities will verify these documents and accept the application form of the candidates. The following list of documents are required to apply for NMMS Scholarship:
- Class 7th mark sheet (only from government schools) (compulsory)
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate of Parents (compulsory)
- Disability Certificate
NMMS Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The MHRD, Govt. of India, decides the eligibility criteria for the students to be awarded the NMMS Scholarship. Only those candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements can apply for the scholarship form. The eligibility criteria include the minimum educational qualification, marks scored in previous qualifying exams, etc. The important eligibility conditions to participate in the NMMS written test are given below:
- Candidates must be regular students studying in class 8 after getting clear promotion from class 7 with a score of at least 55% or equivalent grades.
- Applicants must be pursuing education from Government/Local Body/Government-aided schools.
- The candidate must score at least 60% marks in the class 10 board exam for the continuation of scholarship in higher secondary school.
- For continuing the scholarship in class 12, the scholarship awardee must get clear promotion from class 11 in the first attempt itself with a score of 55% marks or equivalent. For students belonging to SC/ST category, a relaxation of 5% is given in marks.
- The candidates’ annual family income should not be more than INR 1.5 Lakh.
- Those students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik schools, and private schools are NOT ELIGIBLE for this NMMS scholarship.
A brief overview of the eligibility criteria is given below:
|Who can apply for NMMS Scholarship||Students enrolled in class VIII|
|Minimum qualifying marks in class VIIth||55% (50% for reserved categories)|
|Annual parental income||It should not be more than Rs. 1,50,000|
|Requirements for the continuation of scholarship||• Candidates must secure 55% (50% for reserved categories) in each final exam
• One must obtain 60% (55% for reserved categories) in class X
|Who are not eligible to apply for NMMS Scholarship||1. Students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sainik schools
2. Students studying in residential schools run by state government institutions with facilities like boarding, lodging, and education
3. Students pursuing their studies in private schools
NMMS Scholarship 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates who have applied for NMMS Scholarship for class 8 Students will have to appear in the written test. Such students must check the exam pattern of NMMS to get a detailed overview of the exam. The exam pattern of NMMS SCholarship test includes a total number of questions, type of questions, sections, marking scheme, duration of the exam, negative marking, etc. The basic details of the exam pattern of NMMS are given below:
- There are two sections in the exam: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- The total duration of each test is 90 minutes.
- There are a total of 90 questions in each section.
- The overview of the exam pattern is given below
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||• This test examines the reasoning abilities and critical thinking of students through 90 multiple-choice questions. Most of the questions may be based on topics like analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures.
• This test also includes Hindi and English proficiency test.
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||• SAT consists of 90 multiple-choice questions.
• The syllabus of SAT covers the subjects of science, social studies, and mathematics as per the syllabus of classes 7 and 8.
NMMS Scholarship 2021 Admit Card
The official authority will issue the admit card for National Means- Cum Merit Scholarship Test. So, the eligible candidates can download the NMMS Admit Card from the link given in this article.
- The admit card will be available in pdf format.
- Candidates can access the admit card of NMMS by entering their School NIC-SD Code
- Once the admit card is displayed on the screen, students can click on the “Print” option to get the hard copies of the hall ticket.
- The admit card will be available only through online mode.
- Details like the name of the exam, registration number, exam date/day, exam centre, instructions for the candidates, etc, will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates must carry the hall ticket to get an entry into the exam hall.
NMMS Scholarship Test 2021 Result
Once the selection test of NMMS scholarship for class 8 students is completed, the official authority will or each state will declare the result. The NMMS Result will be in the form of a merit list. This list will contain the names of the candidates who have qualified for MAT and SAT with at least 45% marks in each test. The candidates can check their result from the link given in this article. The students must satisfy all the eligibility criteria, apart from qualifying in the exam, to receive the scholarship award.
NMMS Scholarship Test 2021 Selection Process
Each State/UT will conduct its own test for the selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship.
- Mental Ability Test will consist of 90 MCQs testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, pattern perception, numerical series, hidden figure etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with a minimum score of 40% marks in each. For the reserved category, this cut off will be 32% marks.
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship, the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 50% relaxation for SC/ST.
NMMS Scholarship 2021 Highlights
|Exam name||NMMS 2021|
|Full-Form of NMMS||National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme|
|NMMS objective||To decrease students’ dropout rate in classes 8 & 9 and encourage them to continue their studies to improve India’s overall literacy rate.|
|Conducting body||Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).|
|Examination level||State/ National Level|
|Award||INR 12,000 per annum|
|Application mode||Online/ Offline|
|Application process||Through the official government portal NSP|
|Official Website||click here|
The Ministry of Education, earlier known as the Ministry of Human Resource & Development, is a central body under the Government of India. Under the program of National Means-Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS), the MHRD provides the scholarship to the students of class 8 to encourage them for higher education. Candidates can apply for the scholarship and qualify in the written aptitude test to avail the benefit.