IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2021 is over for the January session. The application form soon will be released for July session. This program aims to develop a skilled workforce in media and communication and make it possible for learners to avail employment opportunities in several media sectors. MA (JMC) program will also be useful for those who want to make their full-time career in the print media, radio, television, new media, advertising, public relations, media research and development media sectors. Candidates may go through the whole article for complete details regarding the IGNOU MA Journalism and Mass communication admission 2021.
IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2021 Status
|January Admission Notification||Over|
|July Admission notification||To be released|
IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2021 Highlights
The basic information about the admission in Master of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication is tabulated below:
|University Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|University Type||Central University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based|
|Course Duration||2 – 5 Years|
IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2021 Application Process
IGNOU invites application every year for admission in MA in Journalism & Mass Communication programme twice in a year – January & July session. Interested candidates can apply through online application form via the official website (ignou.ac.in).
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2021 - Admissions
- Applicants are advised to apply online on the official portal only.
- Without the fee payment, no form will be accepted.
- Incomplete forms will be summarily rejected.
- Once the form is completed the candidates are advised to get a copy of it for future reference.
How to Apply for IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2021?
Eligible candidates can apply for admission into Master of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication by submitting the online application form. Steps to fill the application form are mentioned below:
- Step 1 – Candidates need to visit the official website or the IGNOU online admission portal.
- Step 2 – The candidates are advised to download the IGNOU MA (JMC) prospectus and read it carefully to know the eligibility criteria, Programme Structure, Fee Structure, Course Duration, Syllabus, etc.
- Step 3 – Fill all the details in the application form very carefully and also upload the required documents.
- Step 4 – Candidates need to upload the scanned copy of the Photograph (less than 100 KB) and Signature (Less than 50 KB) while filling the application form.
- Step 5 – After the application form is filled, candidates have to pay the prescribed application fee through online mode.
- Step 6 – The application fee can be paid by using the following modes: Debit/Credit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay), Net Banking and ATM Card (PNB).
- Step 7 – Once, the payment is done now submit the dully filled application form and don’t forget to take the printout of the same for future reference.
IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission into MA in Journalism & Mass Communication program at IGNOU should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Also, the candidates should have access to computers, the Internet and basic knowledge of word processing (for creating word documents and communicating through the Internet for sending and receiving mails, browsing sites etc.).
The total payable fee for the MA (JMC) programme is Rs. 25,000/- which is need to be paid in two instalments of Rs. 12,500 per year.
Note: The university may revise the fee from time to time therefore, candidates are advised to check the IGNOU website.
Medium of Instruction
Initially, MA in Journalism & Mass Communication program will be offered in English medium. The study material will be translated in Hindi and later, the course will be offered in Hindi medium also.
IGNOU MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Program Structure
Check the program structure of MA (JMC) in the table below:
|Sl. No.||Course Code||Title|
|MA – 1 Year|
|1.||MJM-020||Introduction to Journalism & Mass Communication|
|3.||MJM-022||Writing and Editing for Print Media|
|4.||MJM-023||Broadcast and Online Journalism|
|5.||MJM-024||Media and Society|
|6.||MJM-025||Media Ethics and Laws|
|7.||MJML-021||Practical: Print & Online|
|8.||MJML-022||Practical: Audio Visual|
|MA – 2 Year|
|4.||MJM-029||Advertising & Public Relations|
|5.||MJM-030||Communication & Media Studies|
|6.||MJM-031||Communication Research Methods|
|7.||MJML-023||Practical (Research Methodology)|
|8.||MJMP-020||Major Project Work|
About Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
Indira Gandhi National Open University also known as IGNOU, run by the central government of India with total active enrolment of over 4 million students. It claims to be the world’s largest university.