WB SET 2020 Syllabus has been released on the official website of the West Bengal College Service Commission, Kolkata. West Bengal State Eligibility Test is the state level entrance exam conducted once a year for the aspirants of West Bengal who wants to become Assistant Professor. It is an offline exam, to test basic reasoning and teaching aptitude skills of candidates The WB SET will be held on 19 January 2020. The candidates who wants to pursue their carrier as a Professor must go thorough the below article to know about the WB SET syllabus 2020 pdf, subject wise syllabus, etc.
WB SET 2020 Subject Wise Syllabus
To prepare for the WB SET exam the candidates required to have the knowledge of the teaching. The candidates can go through the subject wise syllabus of WB SET 2020 exam in the below given points.
For General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude
The main objective of this section is to assess the teaching & research capbilities of the aspirants. The detailed syllabus for this are as follows:
- Teaching Aptitude- Teaching, Learner’s characteristics, Factors affecting teaching, Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning, Teaching Support System, Evaluation Systems.
- Research Aptitude- Research, Methods of Research, Steps of Research, Thesis and Article writing, Application of ICT in research, Research ethics.
- Comprehension- A passage of text be given. Questions be asked from the passage to be answered.
- Communication - Effective communication, Barriers to effective communication, Mass-Media and Society.
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing, Digital initiatives in higher education.
- People, Development and Environment- Development and environment, Human and environment interaction, Environmental issues, Impacts of pollutants on human health, etc.
- Higher Education System- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India, Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India, etc.
- History, development, aim and scope of Anthropology.
- Relationship with other sciences
- Different branches of Anthropology (including Linguistic Anthropology) and their interrelationship.
- Research methodology and methods, Statistics, Techniques of Analysis.
- Lamarckism, Neo-Lamarckism, concept of cladogenesis and anagenesis, Darwinism, Neo-Darwinism, etc.
- Trends in Primate radiation, Extant Primates, Fossils of extinct Primates , Pre-hominid groups, Early Hominids, Hominid Evolution.
- Modern Human Variation, Ethnic Classification and distribution of Indian Populations.
- Human Growth, development and maturation, Human Adaptation, Somatotyping, Demography, etc.
- Concept of prehistoric archaeology, Dating, Paleoenvironment, Lithic tool typology and technology, Overview of Lithic Cultures of Europe, Early Farming Cultures and Neolithic of the Near East.
- Lower Palaeolithic Period in India, Upper Palaeolithic period in India, Mesolithic period in India, Neolithic Period in India, Prehistoric Cave art from India, Indus Civilization, Pottery and Traditions, Bronze/Copper Age, Iron Age and Urban Revolution, Megaliths.
- Conceptual Understanding of Social Anthropology- Culture, Society, Social Institutions, Theories in Social Anthropology, etc.
For Chemical Sciences
- Structure and Bonding- Atomic orbitals, Molecular orbitals and electronic configuration of homonuclear and heteronuclear diatomic molecules, etc.
- Acids and bases- Bronsted and Lewis acids and bases, HSAB concept, Buffer solution, etc.
- Redox Reactions- Redox indicators, Oxidation numbers, Electrochemical series, etc.
- Energetics and Dynamics of Chemical- Reactions : Law of conservation of energy.
- Aspects of s.p.d.f. Block Elements - General characteristics of each block, Chemical principles involved in extractions and purification of copper, zinc, etc.
- IUPAC Nomenclature of simple Organic and Inorganic Compounds
- Concept of Chirality- Recognition of symmetry elements and chiral structures, E-Zisomerisma, Interconversion of Fischer, etc.
- Common Organic Reactions and Mechanisms- Reactive Intermediates. Formation and stability of carbonium ions, Nucleophilic, electrophilic radical substitution, addition and elemination reactions, etc.
- Elementary principles and applications of electronic, Data Analysis.
- Quantum Chemistry- Planck’s quantum theory, wave-particle duality, Angular momentum, etc.
- The variation method and perturbation theory, Application to the helium atom, etc.
- Group theoretical representations and quantum mechanics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Ideal and Non-ideal solutions
- Surface Phenomena
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Non-equlilibrium Thermodynamics
- Reaction Kinetics
- Fast Reaction
- Chemistry of Lanthanides and Actinides
- Nuclear Chemistry.
The candidates can go through the following points for the WB SET 2020 syllabus of commerce:
- Business Environment and International Business
- Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Accounting and Auditing
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Business Management and Human Resource Management
For Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences
- The Earth and the Solar System
- Earth Materials, surface features and Processes
- Surface features and Processes
- Interior of the Earth, Deformation and Tectonics
- Oceans and Atmosphere
- Environmental Earth Sciences
- Mineralogy & Petrology
- Structural Geology & Geotectonics
- Paleontology & Its Applications
- Sedimentology & Stratigraphy
- Marine Geology & Paleoceanography
- Economic Geology
- Precambrian Geology & Crustal Evolution
- Quaternary Geology
- Applied Geology
- Physical Geolgraphy
- Ocean Sciences
The WB SET syllabus for economics are as follows
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Mathematical Economics
- International Economics
- Public Economics
- Money and Banking
- Growth and Development Economics
- Environmental Economics and Demography
- Indian Economy
- Educational Studies- Contribution of Indian Schools of philosophy, Contribution of Western schools of thoughts, Approaches to Sociology of Education, Socialization and education.
- History, Politics and Economics of Education
- Learner and Learning Process- Growth and Development, Approaches to Intelligence from Unitary to Multiple, Principles and Theories of learning, Guidance and Counselling, etc.
- Teacher Education
- Curriculum Studies
- Research in Education
- Pedagogy, Andragogy and Assessment
- Technology in/ for Education
- Educational Management, Administration and Leadership
- Inclusive Education
For Electronic Science
- Introduction to Semiconductor
- Emerging materials for future Devices
- IC fabrication - crystal growth, epitaxy, oxidation, lithography, doping, etching, isolation methods, etc.
- Superposition, Norton and Maximum Power Transfer Theorems, etc.
- Rectifiers, Biasing of Bipolar junction transistors and FETs, Voltage regulated ICs and regulated power supply, etc.
- Logic Families, Combinational circuits, etc.
- Introduction of Microprocessor 8086, Introduction of Microcontrollers, Data transfer instructions, etc.
- Electrostatics, Magnetostatics, Radar, etc.
- Analog modulation and demodulation
- Power devices, Open loop and closed loop control system, etc.
- Transducers, Biomedical Instruments, etc.
- Fiction, Short Story
- Non-fictional Prose
- English in India
- Cultural Studies
- Literary Theory post World War II
- Geography of India
- Geographical Techniques
- Cultural, Social and Political Geography
- Geography of Environment
- Geography of Economic Activities and Regional Development
- Population and Settlement Geography
This section consists of all the aspects of Indian History, Ancient period, Medieval Indian history, Modern India including National Movement , post independent phase & Pre-history. The candidates can go through the pdf for the same.
For Home Science
- Food Science & Food Service Management
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Apparel Designing
- Resource Management & Consumer Issues
- Housing & Interior Design
- Child/Human Development
- Family Studies
- Communication For Development
- Extension Management & Community Development
- Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Public International Law & IHL
- Law of Crimes
- Law of Torts & Consumer Protection
- Commercial Law
- Family Law
- Environment & Human Rights Law
- Intellectual Property Rights & Information Technology Law
- Comparative Public Law & Systems of Governance
For Library and Information Science
- Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom
- Information Life Cycle
- Role of Information in Planning
- Information Science
- Information Industry
- IPR and Legal Issues
- Right to Information Act (RTI)
- National Knowledge Commission
- Historical Development of Libraries in India
- Types of Libraries
- Library Legislation and Library Acts in Indian States
- Laws of Library Science
- Library and Information Science Profession
- Professional Associations
- Library and Information Science Education in India
- Information Sources
- Sources of Information
- Institutional and Human Resources
- Community Information Services
- National Information Systems and Networks
- Collaborative Services
- Universe of Knowledge
- Reference Service
- Mapping of Subjects in Library Classification Schemes
- Metadata Standards
- Financial Management in Libraries
- Library Building, Furniture and Equipments
- Project Management
- Marketing of Library Products and Services
- Internet Protocols and Standards
- Computer Technology
- Programming Languages
- Wireless Communication
- Library Automation
- Digital Library Initiatives
- Application of Artificial Intelligence
- Research Methods
- Impact Factors
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Research Design
- Academic Library and Information System
- Health Science Library and Information System
- Engineering and Technological Library and Information System
For Life Science
- Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Environmental Biology
- Biodiversity & Taxonomy
- Principles of Taxonomy as applied to the systamics andClassification of Plant Kingdom
- Patterns of variation in morphology and life history in plants
- Comparative anatomy and developmental morphology of gymnosperms and angiosperms
- Androgenesis and gynogenesis
- Plants and civilization
- Arthropods and vectors of human diseases
- Water Relation
- Principles of plant breeding
- Gametogenesis in animals
- Lysogeny and lytic cycle in bacteriophages
- Cell and tissue culture in plants and animals
For Mass Communication and Journalism
- Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication
- Communication for Development and Social Change
- Reporting and Editing
- Advertising and Marketing Communication
- Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Media Laws and Ethics
- Media Management and Production
- ICT and Media
- Film and Visual Communication
- Communication Research
For Mathematical Sciences
- Real Numbers
- Linear Algebra
- Linear Programming
- Real Analysis- Finite, countable & uncountable sets, etc.
- Complex Analysis
- Different Equations
- Data Analysis Basic Concepts
- Time Series
- Design of Experiments
- Demography and Vital Statistics
- Sample Surveys
- Classical Indian: Epistemology and Metaphysics
- Classical Western: Ancient, Medieval, and Modern : Epistemology and Metaphysics
- Indian Ethics
- Western Ethics
- Contemporary Indian Philosophy
- Recent Western Philosophy
- Social and Political Philosophy: Indian
- Social and Political Philosophy: Western
- Applied Philosophy
For Physical Science
The syllabus for Physical science for WB SET 2020 exam are listed below:
- Basic Mathematical Method
- Classical Dynamics
- Quantum Physics and Applications
- Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics
- Experimental Design
- Atomic & Molecular Physics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
For Political Science
The Political Science syllabus for SET 2020 are as follows:
- Political Theory
- Political Thought
- Indian Political Thought
- Comparative Political Analysis
- International Relations
- India’s Foreign Policy
- Political Institutions in India
- Political Processes in India
- Public Administration
- Governance and Public Policy in India
The WB SET 2020 Psychology syllabus are as follows:
- Emergence of Psychology
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Psychological testing
- Biological basis of behavior
- Attention, Perception, Learning, Memory and Forgetting
- Thinking, Intelligence and Creativity
- Personality, Motivation, emotion, stress and coping
- Social Psychology
- Human Development and Interventions
- Emerging Areas
The applicants can go throug the following Sociology syllabus for WB SET 2020 entrance exam:
- Sociological Theory
- Research Methodology and Methods
- Basic Concepts and Institutions
- Rural and Urban Transformations
- State, Politics & Development
- Economy and Society
- Environment and Society
- Family, Marriage and Kinship
- Science, Technology and Society
- Culture and Symbolic Transformations
The syllabus for Music consist of following topics:
- Hindustani (Vocal, Instrumental & Musicology)
- Karnataka, Percussion and Rabindra Sangeet
- Technical Terms - Sangeet, Nada, Shruti, Khadaj, Vadi, Samvadi, etc.
- Folk Music - Origin, evolution and classification of Indian folk song / music, Nature of folk music, Detailed study of folk music, etc.
- Rasa & Aesthetics - Rasa, Principles of Rasa according to Bharata and others, Bhava and Rasa , Interrelation of Fine Arts, etc.
- Research Methodology and Pedagogy, Avenues, Interdisciplinary aspects and
- Applied Theory - Detail study of Sangeet Utpatti, Classification of Raag, Comparative studies of Hindustani and Karnatak Swaras and Taalas, etc.
- History of Indian Music, contribution of Musicologists and their textual tradition
- Compositional forms and their evolution
- Musical Instruments and its Classification
- Contribution of composers/performers to Indian Music
- Gharna and Institutional System and conferences of Hindustani Music
- Karnataka Music - Musical scales (Indian & Western), Sruti in ancient, medieval & modern period, Historical perspective of music- Contributions of Scholars, Musicologists, Musical concepts in Treatises, Musicologists, Compositional forms and their evolution, Music Instruments of India,Contribution of Composers / Performers to Music (Indian and Western), Prominent Banis, Music training, Education and Propagation.
- Percussion - Applied Theory – Taal & Avanadhavadhya, History of Music, Trees and Controbution of Musocoligist, Natya Shastra, Sangeet Ratnakar, Bruhad Deshi, Sangeet Samyasar Sangeet Raj, Detailed study of Compositional Forms of avanaddha vadyas, Classification of Musical Instruments, descriptions of Musical Instruments from Ancient to present period in India, Performer & Composers.
- Detailed Study of Gharanas and Institutional System in Music
- Rabindra Sangeet - The Knowledge of round the clock ragas and raginis, the Knowledge of monsoon and vernal ragas and raginis, Historical Perspective of Music, Composition forms and their evolution, Music Instrument of India, Contribution of Scholars / Performer and their Textual Traditions, Contribution of Scholar / Performer / Musicians, Gharana and Institutionalised system of Music, etc.
Download WB SET 2020 Syllabus Pdfs
The aspirants can check the WB SET 2020 Syllabus pdf here:
For WB SET 2020 Overview please check here