WB SET 2020 Final Result had been published on 10 July 2020 on the official website of the conducting authority. West Bengal State Eligibility Test is conducted annually at the State Level. The exam was held on 19 January 2020. West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) conducts the state eligibility test for providing the position of Assistant Professor to the eligible Indian Nationals. Candidates can download the hall ticket from the official website. The applicants can read the complete article to know about WBSET 2020 Notifications, Application Form, eligibility, etc.
- WB SET 2020 final result was available from 10 July on the official website.
WB SET Result 2020
After displaying the answer key, WBCSC will declare the WB SET result 2020 over its official website.
- Candidates have to enter their login credentials to view their results.
- Top 6% of the appearing candidates who will appear in both the papers and secure at least 40% aggregate marks ( for General category )and 35% aggregate marks (for SC/ST/OBC-Non-Creamy Layer)/EWS/PWD/Transgender will be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the Government of West Bengal.
WB SET 2020 Answer Key
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) conducting authority of WB SET 2020 will display the final answer key of all the papers on the official website of WBCSC. The details regarding WBSET 2020 answer key is listed below:
- WBSET 2020 Answer Key is uploaded on the portal of the WBCSC.
- Candidates can challenge the provisional answer key through online mode only.
- The feedback of answer keys will be accepted only through the e-mail Id.
- The WBCSC’s decision on the feedback of answer keys shall be final and the result will be declared based on final answer keys.
- No grievance about answer key(s) after the declaration of result of SET will be entertained.
WB SET 2020 Application Form
The WB SET 2020 online application form was released on 02 September 2019.
Set West Bengal Application fee last date was 15 October 2019 (for offline)
. The candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria to avoid the rejection of the form. Candidates can check the details about West Bengal SET 2020 Application Form below in the given points:
- The application form was available through Online only.
- Candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website of WBCSC.
- Firstly, candidates have to register themselves by entering their details like Name, Mobile no, E-mail, DoB, etc.
- After registration is done, click on "Apply now".
- The application form will be visible. Fill the form with the personal details, academic details, etc.
- Applicants have to upload the required documents and scanned images of passport size photograph (size 4KB - 40KB) and signature (size 4KB - 30KB) in JPG format.
- After uploading all the necessary documents, candidates have to pay the application fee and submit the WBSET 2020 application form.
- To avoid the last-minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough.
- The candidates can submit only one application form. Multiple application forms will be rejected.
- Candidates have to select any two centres as per their preference for the examination of WB SET.
- The applicants are advised to take the printout of the form for future use.
WB SET 2020 Application Fee
The West Bengal State Eligibility test 2020 application fee need to be successfully paid online before the last date. Once an aspirant has deposited the application fee, it will be non-refundable. The candidates can check the application fee for different categories in the table below:
WB SET Registration Fee 2020
|Category||Fee Amount |
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy layer)/EWS||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through Online & Offline modes. The details for both are given below:
- Online - Payment of fee can be done via Debit card/Credit card or Net Banking.
- Offline - The candidates can make the payment by e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In the case of e-challan, the payment should be made at any branch of the United Bank of India (Bank charges Rs. 48 including GST).
Note- Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO, etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
WB SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must check the West Bengal SET 2020 eligibility Before they
apply for the exam. The details regarding the WB State Eligibility Test is given below point-wise:
- Age Limit Criteria: There is no upper age limit for applying for WB SET 2020 entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification:
- A minimum of 55% marks (for general category) in their Mater's Degree or equivalent examination from the Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Those belonging to OBC ( non-creamy layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD/EWS (Economically Weaker Section)/transgender category must have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are also eligible for the exam.
- Aspirants pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent course or who have appeared for their final year examination and whose result is still awaited or whose qualifying examination has been delayed can also apply for the exam.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination was completed by 19 September 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks for appearing in SET.
- Candidates must appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects, may appear in a related subject.
WB SET 2020 Admit Card
- The admit card will be available on the official website of WBCSC "www.wbcsconline.in".
- No, admit card/Hall ticket will be sent by post to any candidate.
- The applicants will not be allowed to enter the examination centre without the WB SET admit card 2020.
- Get the xerox of the Admission Ticket for further uses.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with the WB SET admit card 2020 on the day of examination.
WB SET 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates must be aware of the WB SET 2020 exam pattern
before starting the preparation for the exam. The paper pattern for the same is given below:
SET Exam West Bengal Question Paper
|Mode of Examination|
Offline (pen-paper based test)
|Duration of Exam|
180 minutes (three hours)
Number of Questions
Number of Papers
|Two, Paper I & Paper II|
|+2 marks for each correct answer (No Negative Marking)|
Type of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
Note- The answer marked should be with a Black-ball pen only.
WB SET 2020 Syllabus
The WB SET Syllabus 2020 comprises of topics from various subjects. Candidates can opt for any one of the 30 subjects. The candidates can check the list of WB SET 2020 Syllabus
- Political Science
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Library & Information Science
- Physical Education
- Electronic Science
- Computer Science
- Home Science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Oceanography & Planetary Sciences
- Journalism & Mass Communication
The applicants are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. Those candidates whose PG subject is not covered in the above list of subjects may appear in a related subject:
- For Mathematical Sciences, the holders of Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Pure Mathematics/Statistics are eligible/Applied Mathematics.
- For Life Sciences, candidates having Master’s Degree in Biological Science/ Botany / Zoology / Animal Science / Molecular Biology / BioChemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/Physiology and other related subjects are eligible.
- For Library Science, those who are having M.Lib./M.LIS. degree are eligible.
- For Physical Education, the candidates having M.P.Ed. degree are eligible.
WB SET 2020 Preparation Tips
West Bengal State Eligibility Test is an important examination for those who wish to join the teaching field. WB SET exam is not an easy examination to crack but if preparation will be done strongly result will be good. The preparation of WB SET requires proper guidance and knowledge about the exam.
- Decide the subjects aspirants wish to appear for the exam. Assemble the basic information for the same subject as eligibility, books, exam pattern, syllabus, papers.
- Start the preparation for Paper 1 syllabus because it is simpler in comparison to Paper 2. It is easy to identify the pattern of the question for Paper 1.
- There are several online coaching institutes and apps that provide exam strategies and preparation tips along with study material.
- Solve questions based on the topics given in the syllabus.
WB SET 2020 Expected Cut off
WB SET 2020 exam was conducted on 19 January 2020 for shortlisting candidates for the post of Assistant Professor across the in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal only. In the WB SET 2018, the highest WB SET cut off was of Psychology - 70.67 (general) while the lowest cut off was for Nepali - 49.33 (general). Candidates can check WB SET 2020 Expected cut off from the table below:
WB SET 2020 Expected Cut Off - Subject and Category Wise
WB SET 2020 Expected Cut off
Library & Information Science
Mass Communication & Journalism
Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences
WB SET 2020 Highlights (Basic Information)
Candidates can go through the important points of the article for a quick review given below in the table:
West Bengal State Eligibility Test
West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC)
WB SET Official Website
To provide the position of Assistant Professor to the eligible candidates in West Bengal universities and colleges.
Stay connected for more update regarding WBSET 2020.
About West Bengal College Service Commission
The WBCSC was established by an Act passed in the West Bengal Legislative Assembly in 1979. The main function of it is to select & recommend Librarians, Principals & Assistant Professors to the Govt.-aided colleges in the West Bengal state. Also, it conducts the State Eligibility Test to test the eligibility of the candidates for different posts.
About West Bengal State Eligibility Test
The SET entrance examination is being conducted by the West Bengal College Service Commission since 1994 on behalf of the West Bengal Govt. In the year 2017, UGC accredited the WBCSC for conduction of three SET(s) for the years 2017, 2018 & 2019. The exam is organized at the State level once a year. State Eligibility Test is organized to check the eligibility of the applicants for the various posts of Assistant Professors, Librarians & Principals.