WB SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria must be followed by each applicants who wants to become Assistant Professor. This year the exam was held on in January 2021. The WBCSC conducts this exam at the State level. West Bengal State Eligibility Test is conducted once every year. The candidates advised to read carefully WB SET 2020 eligibility before applying for the exam.
- All candidates have to fullfil the Minimum Education Qualification (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements(ERs).
- If the candidate found ineligible at any stage of admission process the applying institute may cancel their admission.
- Applicants are requested to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only.
- Those whose subjects are not covered in the list may appear in the related subjects (as mentioned in the brochure).
- Candidates are not required to send any certificate/document in support of their eligibility to WBCSC.
WB SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test below in the given lists:
Educational Qualification for WB SET:
To appear in the WB SET 2020 exam the applicants will have to fulfil the following educational criteria :
- Those who have scored a minimum of 55% marks ( for unreserved categories) in Master's degree or equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Candidates/ SC/ST/ PWD category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- The candidates whose Master's degree or equivalent course result is still awaited OR
- Candidates whose qualifying examinations result have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates only be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master's Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non -creamy layer/EWS/SC/ST/PWD category candidate). Such aspirants must complete their Master’s or equivalent degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The transgender will have to qualify the same eligibility criteria which are mentioned above for reserved categories.
- The Ph. D holders will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET whose master's level has been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result).
- Candidates having PG diploma /certificate or equivalent awarded by an Indian University/Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
Age Limit for WB SET:
- The competent authority has not set any age bar for WB SET 2020.
Exemptions for WB SET 2020
NET/SET/SLET is the minimum eligibility criteria for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- NET/SLET/SET will remain the minimum eligibility recruitment & appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
- Those who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 are also exempted from NET/SET.
- The candidates who have cleared the WB State Eligibility Test (WB SET) held before 01 June 2002, will be eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- If a candidate has qualified the SET held from 01 June 2002 onwards, then they will be eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/Colleges located in the state from where they have cleared their SET.