WB SET 2020 Exam Pattern has been released by the WBCSC (West Bengal College Service Commission). West Bengal State Eligibility Test determines the eligibility of the aspirants for the post of Assistant Professor in the state of Bengal. The exam will be held in two separate sessions on the same date. For more Important details viz; Dates, Schedule of Examination, Mode of Examination, Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Provisions for Disabled Candidates, WBSET aspirants are advised to go through the article thoroughly.
WB SET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the table given below to know the number of question in each section and their marks:
WB SET 2020 Paper Pattern
|Session||Paper ||Marks||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Duration||Mode of Exam|
|First||I||100||50 Questions||2 Marks for Each Correct Answer will be awarded||60 Minutes (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST||Offline pen-(Paper-based test) |
|Second||II||200||100 Questions||120 Minutes (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST|
NOTE: The exam will consist of two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Paper 1 - The questions will be general. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper 2 - The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper – 2 will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper 2 & Paper – 3(including all electives, without options).
Provisions for Persons with Disability for WB SET 2020
The candidates falling in the category of PWD including Visually challenged candidates having 40% or more disability will be given following priorities in the exam hall:
- For Paper I-20 Minutes & Paper-II- 40 Minutes compensatory time shall be given.
- The persons with minimum 40% Disability (Physically Challenged) who are not in a position to write can also avail the services of the scribe.
- Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates.
- The candidate can opt his/her own scribe or has to request the concerned Officer-in-charge of the Test Centre for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances, the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not.
- Those candidates who opt for their own scribe have to produce the scribe before the concerned Officer-in-charge of the Test Centre along with his/her certificates of educational qualifications at least one day before the test.
- An amount of Rs. 600/- will be paid to the scribe by the Officer-in-charge of the Test Centre on the day of examination for all papers.
Important Instructions for Marking the Responses
The candidate has to mark the answers in the following ways:
- Out of four alternatives for each question, only one circle for the correct answer is to be darkened
completely with Black Ball Point Pen only.
- The candidates must carry the Black Ball Point Pen to mark the answers.
- For now, attempting the question, the applicants must not darken any circle corresponding to the question.