Get informed on the West Bengal JEPBN exam with this guide! Discover in-depth information on eligibility criteria, selection process, required documents and more. Are you looking to join the Post Basic Nursing course in West Bengal? Then you must take the West Bengal Joint Entrance for Post Basic Nursing course (JEPBN). In this guide, get all the information you need, such as eligibility criteria, selection process and required documents.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) is conducting a Common Entrance Test (JEPBN-2023) as an online computer-based examination for admission into Post Basic BSc Nursing programs in West Bengal for the academic year 2023-24. Those who wish to take part must be sure to fill out their exam applications before the designated deadline.
- Tentative date of examination: 1st July 2023 (Saturday).
- Tentative date to start online application: Will be annonced shortly.
What is the JEPBN Exam?
The West Bengal Joint Entrance for Post Basic Nursing Course, often referred to as the JEPBN Exam, is an entrance exam conducted by the West Bengal State Government. It is necessary for candidates who wish to join the Post Basic Nursing program in any Government or Private nursing colleges of West Bengal. This exam is designed to test the knowledge and skills of aspiring nursing students on topics related to medical science, human anatomy and physiology.
Eligibility Criteria for JEPBN.
To be eligible to appear for the JEPBN exam, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidates must be citizens of India; they must have passed an Intermediate or Higher Secondary Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects; and
- Candidates must have passed a GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) or B. Sc in nursing course from any Institute recognized by Indian Nursing Council/State Nursing Council.
- Furthermore, candidates should be medically fit and not be more than 45 years of age on the day of the application submission.
Selection Process and the Merit List.
Successful candidates will be selected to the nursing course based on their performance in the JEPBN exam. The selection process includes publishing a merit list which is based on the marks obtained by the students, and eligibility will be subject to further verification of documents submitted. Successful candidates are expected to meet all requirements as specified by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board Committee (WBJEEM). Candidates should ensure that they fulfill all criteria including age, educational qualification, and experience prior to appearing for the exams.
Required Documents for Registration & Applying
When registering for the JEPBN exam, candidates must prepare a list of required documents for verification.
- This includes an identity proof such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, voting card or passport. For educational qualification, a copy of class 10th and 12th mark sheets/certificates are required.
- Candidates must also submit their category certificate, if applicable. Additionally, final year practicing nurses will be required to provide experience certificate issued by their employers.
Preparing for the JEPBN Exam - Resources & Tips
It’s important to be prepared both mentally and academically for the JEPBN exam.
- Review past year question papers, study sample questions and use a variety of specialized learning resources such as books, online courses and practice tests to increase your chances of success.
- Develop a personal study plan that addresses any areas where you could improve and set achievable daily goals.
- Additionally, find out what other preparation activities might help, such as joining mock tests or chatting with successful candidates from your college.