WIT CAT 2023 is expected to be held in the month of November. It will be conducted by the Women’s Institute of Technology. This exam offers admission to various undergraduate degree level courses in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science & Engineering (CS) and a Post Graduate Course in Computer Application (MCA). Only girls/women candidates are eligible to apply for WIT CAT 2023. Candidates must read the below-given article for more details about the WIT CAT 2023.
WIT CAT 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the WIT CAT 2023 exam status from the below table:
|Exam status||Official notification is yet to release|
|Application form ||Yet to Start|
Admission to 04 years B.Tech. Program in Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology and Bioinformatics session 2021-25 and 03-year B.Tech. (Lateral Entry) in Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology and Bioinformatics session 2021-24 in Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Women’s Institute of Technology, L. N. Mithila University, Darbhanga shall now be made through Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB), Patna.
WIT CAT 2023 Important Dates
Following are the important dates related to WIT CAT 2023.
WIT CAT 2023 Schedule
|Availability of Application Form (at Institute Office and website)||October 2023|
|Last Date of Receiving Completed Applications (by post or in person at Institute)||October 2023|
|Entrance Test||November 2023|
|Result Declaration of CAT-2023||November 2023|
|Counselling cum Admission (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Counselling as per requirement)||November 2023|
|Induction of Admitted Students/ Commencement of Classes||November 2023|
WIT CAT 2023 Application Form
Women's Institute of Technology will release the WIT CAT 2023 application on the official website. Application Forms can be filled in both online and offline mode.
- Candidates can download the application form from the official website of the university.
- Candidates are required to fill in the details carefully avoiding mistakes.
- They also have to upload the documents i.e. photograph and signature as prescribed by the authority.
- Then the fee payment has to be done for the submission of the application form.
- The fee payment will be done by a demand draft of Rs 1050/- in favour of “WIT, LMNU”.
- The application form must be attached along with the demand draft.
- Candidates have to secure all the forms and documents into an envelope and send it to the below-given address:
Women’s Institute of Technology,
Old Navoday Campus,
WIT CAT 2023 Application form can also be taken from the university itself.
- Candidates are advised to fill in all the details carefully and cross-check all the detail again.
- Then they have to attach all the academic qualification mark sheets and certificates and the candidate’s recent colour photograph as prescribed.
- The fee payment must be done through a demand draft at the university.
WIT CAT 2023 Application Fee
The fees once deposited are non-refundable under any circumstances.
The application fee for various courses is Rs 1050/- in Online mode and Rs 1000/- in Offline mode.
Mode of Payment
The application fee of WIT CAT 2023 must be paid in offline mode only via demand draft in favour of “WIT, LMNU” payable at Darbhanga.
- No application fee will be accepted in any other form.
WIT CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. In case a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria his application form will be rejected.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam, from a recognized University/Board/Council with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English (PCME) or Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and English (PCMBE) with at least 50% aggregate marks in taken together.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam, are also eligible to take the entrance test, however, if selected, their admission will be subject to passing the qualifying exam, in PCME or PCMBE with at least 50% marks in PCM or PCMB at the time of admission.
- The candidate must have completed his Graduation (10+2+3) in any stream with a minimum of 50% of the aggregate marks
- The candidate should have obtained passing marks in Mathematics or equivalent at the 10+2 or graduation level.
Lateral entry for B.Tech Programs:
- Candidates should have passed the Diploma examination in a relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology.
- The candidate has passed B.Sc. Degree from any recognized University as defined by UGC, with a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
WIT CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam Pattern for WIT CAT 2023 is given below:
WIT CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Question|
There will be no negative marking, each question carrying 1 mark.
Given below the subjects wise distribution of marks for different courses
For B. Tech
Subject wise distribution of Marks
No. of Questions
For B. Tech Lateral Entry
No. of Questions
No. of Questions
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
WIT CAT 2023 Syllabus
The candidates must know the WIT CAT 2023 Syllabus for the exam carefully to increase their chances of getting admission to the university.
Given below the WIT Common Admission Test 2023 Syllabus:
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex numbers
- Determinants and matrices
- Quadratic equations
- The fundamental principle of counting
- Binomial theorem
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions.
- Differential Calculus Polynomials
- Integral as an anti-derivative
- Vectors and scalars
- Units for measurement
- Simple harmonic motion
- Kinetic theory of gases.
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism.
- Coulomb’s inverse square law
- Capacitor capacitors in parallel.
- Atomic Physics and Relativity Atomic structure
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics Matter wave
- Matter and its nature, Dalton’s atomic theory
- Classification of matter into solid, liquid, and gaseous states.
- Periodic Properties Modern periodic law and present form of the periodic table, s & p block elements
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure Covalent Bonding
- Chemical Energetics
- Solutions Different methods for expressing the concentration of the solution
- Meaning of equilibrium
- Hydrocarbons Classification
- Biomolecules Carbohydrates
- Grammar and Comprehension
- Business Correspondence
- Elementary Spoken English
- Sentence and Paragraph Writing.
- Report Writing
- Technical Description of things and Processes.
- Precise Writing.
Analytical Ability And Logical Reasoning
The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
WIT CAT 2023 Admit Card
The WIT CAT 2023 admit card will be dispatched by the university via post at the latest one week before the examination.
- In case the candidate does not receive the admit card due to any technical or postal errors, the candidate is advised to visit the university with all the documents to get a duplicate copy of their admits card which is to be carried by them on the day of the examination.
- The candidate is advised to keep the Admit Card carefully throughout the admission process as it can be required in the counselling procedure too.
- The candidate should also take the valid ID proof to the exam centre for verification.
- The candidate will not be given entry in the exam hall if they don’t possess the admit card with them.
WIT CAT 2023 Result
WIT-CAT 2023 Result will be declared by the authority on the official website of the university.
- The candidate is advised to take a printout of the result for further process.
- The result will contain the scores obtained by the candidate on WIT CAT.
Steps to check results are given below.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Click on the link Result CAT 2023. On the other window, the Result will get displayed.
Step 3: Download the same for the admission process.
WIT CAT 2023 Counselling
A candidate who will be selected in the merit list of WIT-CAT 2023 will have to appear for the counselling in front of the counselling board for Admission with the following Original Certificates/Documents.
- Original mark sheet, Certificate of Matriculation/Board/Equivalent Exam.
- Original mark sheet, Certificate, Admit card of I. Sc./+2/Equivalent Exam.
- For Admission to the MCA program Original Mark sheet, Certificate, Admit card of recognized graduation degree and certificate of DCA wherever applicable.
- Original Migration Certificate (wherever applicable).
- College/School leaving Certificate (Original).
- Character Certificate from the head of the Instruction last attended.
- Original Caste Certificate (For reserve category students only).
- Residential Certificate.
- Photocopy of Certificate in respect of candidate claiming seat under university ward quota/NRI quota.
- Combined Admission Test Admit Card of CAT-2020 (Original).
WIT CAT 2023 Reservation
Candidates check the reservation of seats below in the given table:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||01%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Backward Class (BC)||15%|
- 10% of seats are reserved under NRI/Payment quota seats.
- 5% of seats are reserved for wards of permanent employees of Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga (wife and unmarried daughter), Ward Certificate from Employer and affidavit of the employee must be enclosed with Application Form.
WIT CAT 2023 Exam centre
Given below the list of WIT CAT 2023 test centres:
Number of Cities
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Jammu & Kashmir
WIT CAT 2023 Highlights
Given below the major points of WIT CAT 2023:
|Exam Name||WIT(Women’s Institute of Technology) CAT 2023|
|Conducting Body||Women’s Institute of Technology|
|Courses offered ||Btech/BE and MCA courses|
|Purpose||To offer admission in Undergraduate degree level courses in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science & Engineering (CS), and a Post – Graduate Course in Computer Application (MCA).|
Stay connected for more updates about WIT CAT 2023.
Women’s Institute of Technology
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Women’s Institute of Technology (Formerly known as Women’s Institute of Technology) is an Engineering College exclusively for girls offering degree level courses in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science & Engineering (CS), and Postgraduate course in Computer Application (MCA). APJAKWIT is only of its kind in North-East India. It was inaugurated by His Excellency Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in the extended campus of L. N. Mithila University, Darbhanga spread over an area of 25 acres. The college premise is within a boundary wall and has a green and lustrous surrounding.