AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern is available on the official website. The exam is to be conducted on 03 May 2020 and is conducted twice every year. This exam is held to enrol the candidates in various post -graduation courses like MD/MS /M.Ch.(3 years/ 6 Years)/ DM (D3 years/ 6 Years)/ MDS in different colleges of AIIMS. This is a computer-based test. For further details like AIIMS PG exam pattern, the candidate must refer the below article.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
There will be only one paper in AIIMS PG 2020 for January session 2020. Candidates can check the details regarding the exam pattern through below given details:
- Exam Mode : This exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. CBT(Computer Based Test).
- Duration: The examination will be 3 Hours(180 Minutes).
- Medium: The exam will be held in English Medium.
- Type: There will be only objective type of questions in the exam.
- Questions : For exam MD/MS there will be One Paper of 200 MCQ (Two hundred) and for MDS there will be one paper of 200 MCQs (Two hundred).
- AIIMS Marking Scheme : +1 will be awarded for every correct answer and -1/3 will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Type of Questions in AIIMS PG 2020
There are various type of questions which will be asked in the examination. The Questions for MD/MS/MDS Entrance Examinations are of the objective type and consist of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The MCQs shall be of the following types and indicative examples of each are provided: Candidates can check the different categories of AIIMS PG 2020 questions through the below-given details:
- Single Best Answer Type - Each question/ statement shall have four alternatives /statements of which only and one best response is to be selected /marked.
- Multiple True-False Type - Each question shall have a stem followed by five alternatives/ statements and every alternative/ statement will have to be marked as either True or False.
- Match the Following Type - Each question shall have two columns with four items in one column (A) that need to be matched appropriately with the best alternative available in the next column(B).
- Sequential Arrangement Type - Each question shall have a list of items that need to be arranged sequentially or in order as indicated.
- Multiple Completion Type - Each question/ statement shall have four alternatives /statements of which one or more may be correct and need to be marked using the following key:
(1) If a, b, c are correct
(2) If a and c are correct
(3) If b and d are correct
(4) If all four (a, b, c, & d) are correct
- Reason Assertion Type - Each question shall have two statements: Assertion (A) and Reason (B) connected by
the term “because”. The appropriate answer should be marked using the following key:
- Both Assertion and Reasons are independently true/ correct statements and the Reason is the correct explanation for the Assertion
- Both Assertion and Reasons are independently true /correct statements, but the Reason is not the correct explanation for the Assertion
- Assertion is independently a true/ correct statement, but the Reasons is independently a false/incorrect statement
- Assertion is independently a false/ incorrect statement, but the Reasons is independently a true / correct statement
- Both Assertion and Reasons are independently false /incorrect statements
- Extended Matching Items / Questions (EMI /EMQ)- Each EMI /EMQ will broadly have the following components:
Theme & Focus
Answer option list
Scenarios or Vignettes
AIIMS PG Marking Scheme 2020
Marking Scheme for AIIMS PG 2020 Questions
|Type of M.C.Q||Correct||Wrong|
|Single best answer type||+01||-1/3|
|Multiple True False*||+1/5||-1/5|
|Match the following||+1/4||-1/4|
Aspirants must check the marking scheme for various questions and should get a brief idea which will help the candidate to prepare for the exam properly.
Important Instructions regarding AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
The crucial points regarding the AIIMS PG 2020 Question Paper Pattern here:
- For multiple choice questions, the candidate should mark only one correct answer out of four given options.
- The AIIMS marking scheme involves negative marking where every correct answer will add one mark and the incorrect answer will deduct 1/3rd marks from the total.
- No marks will be allotted or deducted for the unanswered questions.
- Candidate should mark the answer very carefully.