Assam SLET 2021 was conducted on 14th February 2021. Assam SLET 2021 Answer Key has been released on 23 February 2021 and candidates can take objection against the answer key till 13 March 2021. The exam was organized by the SLET Commission, Assam to recruit for the post of Assistant Professor & Lecturership. The SLET 2021 examination was a Pen-paper Based Test (offline PPT mode) exam. The candidate is required to fulfill all the Assam State Level Eligibility Test 2021 eligibility criteria to apply for the post of lecturer in northeastern regions like Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Sikkim, and Tripura colleges and institutes. Candidates must read the complete article to get detailed information about the SLET application form 2021.
Assam SLET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can find all the important dates for Assam SLET 2021 in the table given below.
Assam SLET 2021 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online registration||20 October 2020|
|Last date to submit the online Application form||14 December 2020|
|The last date to deposit the exam fee in the bank||16 December 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||03 February 2021|
|Exam Date 2021||14 February 2021|
|Answer Key||23 February 2021|
|Objection to answer key||23 February to 13 March 2021|
ASSAM SLET 2021 Answer Key
Assam SLET 2021 Answer Key has been released by the SLET Commission of Assam on 23 February 2021. Candidates who are willing to take objection against the answer key released by conducting authority then they can do it till 13 March 2021.
ASSAM SLET 2021 Admit Card
- SLET Commission has been released by the SLET Hall Ticket in the online mode.
- Candidates need to download their SLET Admit Card from the website. The Hall Ticket for ASSAM SLET 2021 will not be sent through post to any candidates.
Loss of Admit card
- In case the candidate loses his/her admit card, they have to duly apply for requesting a duplicate admit card with a fee of Rs. 100/-
- The candidate has to personally submit a paper cut of newspaper advertisement and police-report on the loss of the original hall ticket.
ASSAM SLET 2021 Test Centres
Each center has been given a capacity of 25 candidates. In case the number falls short, the candidates can be shifted to the nearest center. Below given is the tentative list of exam centers for Assam SLET 2021:
- Guwahati University
- Dibrugarh University
- Tezpur University
- Assam University
- Manipur University
- Rajiv Gandhi Central University, Itanagar
- Tripura University
- Sikkim Govt. College
- Mizoram University
ASSAM SLET 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates must have a complete idea about the Assam SLET exam pattern. This will help them to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam. Following are the details about Assam SLET 2021 exam pattern:
ASSAM SLET 2021 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
No. of Questions asked
Duration of Examination
+(2) for Correct and (0) for Incorrect, i.e No Negative Marking
Type of Questions
Objective Type which includes MCQs, Matching, Assertion, and Reasoning, True & False
Medium of examination
Examination shift details:
ASSAM SLET 2021 Exam Shift details
|S. No.||Session ||Paper||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Timings|
|01||First||1||50||100||Shift-1: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|02||Second||2||100||200||Shift-2: 11:30 AM - 01:30 PM|
- Paper – 01 shall be of the general subject, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. This paper aims to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate. For each correct answer, marks will be given.
- Paper – 02 shall consist of 100 objective-type questions based on the subject opted by the candidate. For each correct answer, marks will be given.
ASSAM SLET 2021 Syllabus
Presently, the Commission has accepted the SLET syllabus of the NET conducted by the UGC (University Grant Commission) and the CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research). The Assam SLET Syllabus 2020 will be available on the official website.
Subject of Test
As per the previous year information, the SLET syllabus for different subjects for the entrance exam is mentioned below:
- Political science
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
Any changes in the subjects list will be updated as soon as the official authority announces.
ASSAM SLET 2021 Result
The qualifying candidates' Scorecard list will be intimated by the University after the entrance exam is conducted. Check instructions related to Assam Slet Result 2021 given below:
- The Assam SLET Answer Key 2021 of Paper I and II will be available on the official website of the SLET Commission after seven days of the test.
- The candidates who will qualify for this test can check their marks on the official website of the SLET Commission after seven days of the ASSAM SLET exam result declaration.
- All the applicants can check their result card by submitting their application or enrollment number in the required field
- Revaluation could also be done at the candidate's request in case of an Unsatisfactory SLET exam result
- For doing so, a candidate has to make a demand draft (DD) of Rs. 5000 in the name of the Member Secretary, SLET Commission.
Documents required on the day of document verification
Candidates need to carry the following documents during the time of Document verification:
- The Pass Certificate is issued after 30 days from the date of the Assam SET result declaration.
- Mark-sheet of Postgraduation / 3rd and 4th Semester (in original).
- Caste Certificate/ Special Category Certificate( in Original)
- SLET Admit Card
How to get the Pass Certificate?
- The Pass Certificate can be collected personally or through a messenger (duly authorized by the candidate).
- If the Pass certificate is to be issued through the authorized person, the signature of the authorized person should be attested by the candidate in the authority letter with his/her signature same as used in the Admit Card and the Test Application Form.
- The cost of the certificate will be Rs. 250/-
- The fee has to be paid in a form of a Bank Draft in the favour of Member Secretary SLET Commission, N. E. Region drawn on SBI Gauhati University Branch (2060) only.
Note: No counseling will be held for Assam SLET. There would be document verification. A Pass Certificate will be issued to the qualifying candidates which are proof of eligibility for Assistant Professor and Lecturer in the Universities and Colleges of North-East States.
ASSAM SLET 2021 Application Form
- Candidates willing to appear in this exam will have to fill the online application form.
- Furthermore, candidates will have to upload the duly attested M.Com./ M.Sc./ M.A certificate and their Mark-sheet along with their signature and photograph.
- Scanned copies of ST/ SC/ OBC non-creamy layer certificate / PWD category certificate, if applicable, from gazetted officer also need to be uploaded.
- Besides this, scanned photo & signature should be between 5KB to 50KB while the dimensions of the scanned documents must be between 50KB to 100KB.
- Candidates can also edit the details in the Assam SLET 2021 application form before they finally submit it. But, after they have submitted the form no further changes can be done.
- They will be getting a uniques application ID. This ID will be required for future reference (downloading the admit card etc.).
- Once the application process is completed, the candidates will be able to print the Acknowledgment Slip for future reference (during the admission process).
- Candidates claiming for fee concession without attested and valid SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) PWD certificate will be rejected.
- Those who have already completed or will be appearing in their Final or 4th Semester Master Degree exams will have to download the attestation format from the link provided on the home page of the official website. they need to fill this form and it must be forwarded by the Head of that concerned department and upload a scanned copy of it on the site.
- For any queries related to the application form submission, candidates need to mail at [email protected] with the following subject while writing the email id: "Issues for application submission".
ASSAM SLET 2021 Application Fee
The details of the application fees are given below:
- The Registration Form fee for ASSAM SLET 2021 is Rs. 400/- for all the candidates. The Application fee includes the cost of the Information Brochure and Syllabus.
- Also, the candidates will have to pay the Test fee separately. The Test fee for candidates respective to their categories is given in the table below:
ASSAM SLET 2021 Test Fee
|OBC-NCL (Non- Creamy Layer)||Rs. 650/-|
|PwD (Person with Disability)||Rs. 400/-|
Mode of Payment: The application Fee for Assam State Level Entrance Test 2021 can be paid only through Challan. The candidate should download the challans and print them. Applicants should visit the SBI bank branch carrying the challans for the fee payment one day after application submission.
How to Fill the Assam SLET 2021 Application Form?
To fill the Assam SLET Exam 2021 Application Form, candidates must follow the following steps-
- Navigate to the official website of Assam SLET 2021.
- Filling the Application Form Details
- Uploading the scanned Photo & Signature/Documents
- Payment of Application fee
- Application form Submission
- Print Out of Assam SLET Exam 2021 Application Form.
ASSAM SLET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
ASSAM SLET Eligibility Criteria 2021 for the candidates belonging to different categories is explained below:
- The candidate must have Indian citizenship and should have at least 55% marks in Master Degree or any other equivalent exam from any Institution/University which is UGC approved while, the candidates belonging to ST, SC, Person with Disability (PWD) Category, the OBCs belonging to non-creamy layer must have at least 50% marks in their Master's degree or any other equivalent exam.
- Those who will be appearing for their final year exams of their Master's Degree or the candidates whose qualifying exam gets delayed can also appear in this exam. However, they will be admitted on a provisional basis and will be considered eligible only after they have cleared the final year exams of their Master's Degree or any other equivalent exam.
- Candidates belonging to the third gender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in Age, fees, and eligibility criteria as given to the SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
- The Ph.D. degree holders who have completed their Master's by 19th September 1992 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) will be given a relaxation of 5% marks (ie. from 55% to 50%).
- OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD category candidates will have to attach a copy of the category certificate and a printout of their Application Forms (obtained while applying online). Besides this, their Non-creamy layer certificate must be updated.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for Asstt. Professor post. Candidates who qualify for the test will be eligible to apply for the post of Asstt. Professor within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission. Also, they will be issued a Pass certificate and the validity period of the certificate will be forever.
Age Limit & No. of Chances
Information about Age limit and the number of chances for the ASSAM SLET exam is stated below:
- Candidates can give this exam any number of times.
- There is no age limit fixed to apply for this exam.
Assam SLET 2021 Important Links
Download Assam SLET 2021 Information Brochure Pdf
ASSAM SLET 2021 Highlights
The candidate can check all basic details of Assam SLET 2021 in the table given below:
Assam SLET 2021 Basic Details
Name of Exam
Assam State Level Eligibility Test 2021
SLET Commission, Assam (NE)
State Level Entrance Exam
Mode of Exam
Assam SLET Official Website
Duration of Exam
To offer the Post of Assistant Professor in different Colleges & Universities of Assam & North-East Regions.
SLET Commission, Assam
SLET Committee is an overall supervisory policy-making body that lays down policy guidelines and exercises overall supervision on the Test and declaration of results. The main focus is to maintain the nature and design of question papers in conformity with the UGC-NET pattern and ensure that the UGC-NET syllabi are followed. The commission also approves the centers of examination and other matters applicable to the conduct of the examination. U-CAT Member Secretary (UGC Official) shall be a permanent member of this Committee.
About SLET Exam
The full form of the SLET examination is State Level Eligibility Test 2020, which is now known as SET (State Eligibility Test). The State Level Eligibility Test (SLET Exam) is conducted by all the states in India and some universities also. Generally, the language of the exam is English. The state government opted to organize their own test i.e. State Level Eligibility Test (SLET Exam) for lectureship only. Unlike NTA UGC NET, the State level Eligibility test is held once a year to recruit for the post of Assistant Prof. in a particular state only. The Exam holds accreditation under UGC.
Here is the list of exams that are conducting SET Examination-
- Madhya Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Andra Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Jammu and Kashmir
- North Eastern States