BHU PET 2021 i.e Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test 2021 will be conducted in the 3rd and 4th week of May 2021 by Banaras Hindu University (BHU) at University Level. This exam is conducted yearly to offer admission in BHU Varanasi into various Postgraduate Courses like MBA, M.A, M.Com, MPA etc. The candidates will be given admission according to their merit in the entrance test and the number of seats in that course. The courses have been divided into the following categories like General, Professional, Special, Vocational. The candidates should go through the complete article to know all about BHU PET 2021.
BHU PET 2021 Important Dates
Following are the important dates of BHU PET 2021.
|Application start date||February 2021|
|Application last date||3rd week of March 2021|
|Admit card release date||1st week of May 2021|
|Exam date||3rd week of May to 4th week of May 2021|
|Result||3rd week of June 2021|
BHU PET 2021 Application Form
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will release the BHU PET Application Form 2021.
- Application form/Examination Form for BHU Admission will be available in online mode only.
- Candidates can apply for the exam through University Admission Portal (www.bhuonline.com).
- Candidates have to register themselves on the Entrance Test portal created by the University to apply for the BHU PG exam 2021.
- After registering, candidates have to fill their details, contact details and educational qualification details in the application form.
- Candidates need to upload required documents and their scanned passport size Photograph (size - maximum 100 KB) and Signature (size - maximum 100 KB and crop the image of
signature to an approximate size of around 5 cm x 1.5 cm) in JPG format.
- Candidates should give correct e-mail addresses/mobile phone numbers for correspondence in the online application form.
- After filling all the necessary details required in the BHU PET application form, candidates have to make the payment of application fee and submit the application form.
- Once the payment is done and it is successful, then only candidates can take a printout of the confirmation page.
BHU PET 2021 Application Fee
Check the BHU PET 2021 application fee for various category given in a table below:
BHU PET 2021 Examination Fee
|Other courses||For MBA & MBA IB|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|Other candidates||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 2000/-|
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid either through online mode or offline mode.
- Online - Candidates can pay the application fee through the payment gateway through Debit card/Credit card.
- Offline - The fee can be paid in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank (facility will be available only during banking hours on any banking day).
- Once the Application Fee is paid, it will neither be refunded nor transferred to another course and will also not be reserved for any subsequent year, in any case.
- The Registration Form once submitted with the Entrance Test Fee at concessional rate meant for SC/ST candidate shall be considered under SC/ST Category.
BHU PET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the BHU PET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
before applying for the BHU Admission exam. The eligibility criteria vary according to the courses and are given below:
Eligibility Criteria for BHU PET 2021
|Master of Arts (M.A)||Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's degree under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent in BA/BA (Hons.) and have secure 50% marks.|
|Master of Science (M.Sc.)||Candidates must have secure minimum 50% marks in B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hons.) under 10+2+3 pattern.|
|Master in Fine Arts (MFA)||Candidates must have passed BFA (Bachelor in Fine Arts) under 10+2+4 or 10+5 pattern or equivalent securing a minimum of 50% marks. |
|Master of Performing Arts (MPA)||Candidates must have B.Mus/BPA or B.A (Hons.)/B.A or any Bachelor's Degree under 10+2+3 pattern from a recognized University and securing a minimum of 50% marks.|
|Master of Education (M.Ed.)||Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade points in any of the following programmes: B.Ed, B.A. B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., B.El.Ed. D.EL.Ed., with an undergraduate/postgraduate degree with at least 50 % percentage in each or any equivalent.|
|Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)||Candidates must have passed Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) or 4 years Bachelor of Physical Education (Professional) Degree with at least 50% marks.|
|Master of Law (LLM)||Candidates must have at least 3 years LLB after Graduation under 10+2+3 pattern or 5 years LLB under 10+2+5 pattern recognised by the Bar Council of India and secure a minimum of 50% marks in LLB Degree.|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA)||Candidates must have secure 50% marks in BCA degree under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent.|
|Master of Commerce (MCom)||Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's degree under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent inB.Com and have secure 50% marks.|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Candidates must have completed their Graduation Degree (Bachelor's) in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.|
NOTE: Only female candidates can enrol for M.Sc in Bioinformatics & MA (Master of Education) course.
Reserved Seats for MBA & MBA IB in BHU PET 2021
The applicants can check the seat reservation details here:
Seat Reservation for BHU PET 2021
|Courses||Total Seats||Paid Seats|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||59||15%|
|Master of Business Administration – International Business MBA (IB)||59||15%|
- Supernumerary Seats - Foreign Nationals: 15% (Candidates under NRI -Non-Resident Indian - and PIO - Person of Indian Origin - will be considered for admission under this category as per University rule).
BHU PET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates should be aware of the BHU PET 2021 Exam pattern
before preparing for the same. Check the complete format of the BHU PG exam given below:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted through Online (CBT) mode.
- Duration: 120 minutes (two hours).
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of Objective type (MCQs).
- Total Marks: BHU PET question paper will be of a total of 360 marks.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
Note: Total Marks of Courses like MFA & MPA varies. Details are given below:
- MFA (Master of Fine Arts) - There shall be one paper of 60 minutes (one hour) duration carrying 150 marks.
- MPA [Master of Performing Arts in Vocal/(Instrumental- Sitar, Flute, Violin, Tabla)/ (Dance-Kathak/Bharatnatyam)] - Question paper of MPA will be of total 900 marks out of which 600 marks will be allotted for one practical exam (performance & viva-voce) of 45 minutes duration.
Note: Total Number of Questions varies in the following Courses.
- For MPA [Vocal/(Instrumental- Sitar, Flute, Violin, Tabla)/(Dance-Kathak/Bharatnatyam)] - there will be a total of 100 questions in a question paper.
- For MFA - there will be a total of 50 questions.
- The medium of Examination: Language of question paper will also vary according to the course. The medium for different paper is given below:
- Question paper of M.A./M.Sc.[( Statistics/M.Sc. Health Statistics/Statistics and Computing (Special Courses of Study)] will be in English language only.
- Question papers for LLM (2-Years)/(1-Year)/(HRDE), M.A/M.Sc.(Stats., Maths, Geography, Psychology, and Home Science) and all M.A (excluding languages) will be in English and Hindi both.
- Acharya Question papers will be in Sanskrit only.
- Question papers of all languages (except Sanskrit) will be in respective languages.
- Question papers for M.A (Sanskrit) will be in English and Hindi both.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 3 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer. Unattempted question will be awarded zero marks.
BHU PET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates who will appear in the exam should know about the BHU PET 2021 syllabus
and exam pattern. Students must be aware of the topics being asked in the exam. Syllabus for every exam is different depending on the course chosen. Candidates can check the following table concerning subject wise BHU PET 2021 syllabus
BHU PET 2021 Syllabus
Business Organization & Management
Business Law including Company Law
Monetary theory and Banking
|M. P. Ed. (Master of Physical Education)||Principles of Physical Education and Educational Psychology|
Organisation, Methods, Materials and Supervision in Physical Education
Principles of Coaching and Officiating, Anatomy, Physiology and Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology,
Care of Athletic Injuries and Health Education
Recreation Camping and History of Physical
Physical fitness test (modified AAHPER fitness test)
M. A. (Museology)
|AIHC & Arch. (Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology)|
History of Art, History, Sanskrit and other allied subjects
| M. A. Prayojanmoolak Hindi (Patrakarita)||General Knowledge and currents Affairs including human rights and environment consciousness|
Language Proficiency and basic Hindi grammar
Hindi in Constitution
Standardization of Hindi Language and Devnagari Script
Technical Hindi words used in media
English – Hindi Translation of words/terms generally used in official Correspondence;
A brief history of Hindi Journalism.
|M. Sc. in Bioinformatics||Mathematics and Statistics (at 10 + 2 level) |
Computer Science at the elementary level
Biology, Chemistry and Physics (UG level)
|MCA||Mathematical Aptitude |
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Mathematical Aptitude Test Areas (+2 Level)
|M.Sc. in Computational Science and Applications in Signal Processing||Basic Statistics |
|M. F. A.||Art History and Material and Methods of the concerned subject at the B.F.A. level |
Instrumental-(Sitar, Flute and Violin)
Dance-Bharatnatyam of B.Mus./BPA level course
|M.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering|| B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering) courses related to Soil Water Conservation Engineering.|
|M.A. in Education||Graduate-level of the subject Education, i.e., Foundation (Philosophical, Sociological, Psychological & Research Methodology)|
Trends Contemporary Issues
Planning & Finance
Counselling and Special Education.
|M. Ed||B.Ed. or equivalent course|
Language comprehension (one each in Hindi and English)
Candidate has to answer either the Hindi language set or the English Language set but not both.
BHU PET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download the BHU PET Admit Card 2021
for BHU PG around one week before the date of entrance test. Check the details given below about BHU Post Graduate Entrance Test Hall Ticket:
- BHU PET admits card will be made available on the BHU Entrance Test Portal.
- Candidates can download the admit card by using their unique registration ID, which is allotted to them at the time of online submission of the application form.
- Candidates will get the E-mail/SMS alert regarding loading of Admit Card on their registered email id/mobile phone number.
- In case, a candidate is not able to download the admit card even 03 days before the date of the Test then he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone Number and email id. available on Entrance Test Portal.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates should check whether all the details printed on the admit card are correct or not.
- If any discrepancy found by the candidate, he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately.
- Candidates should paste a passport size photograph (same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission) in the space provided on the printout of the Admit Card under self-attestation.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card.
Download BHU PET 2021 Revised Schedule Pdf
BHU PET 2021 Result
Banaras Hindu University will release the PET 2021 Result along with Merit List after the successful commencement of the exam. Information regarding BHU PET Result
is given below:
- The BHU scorecard will be displayed on the BHU' Entrance Test portal.
- Candidates will get admission in order of merit list made based on aggregate marks secured in the Entrance Test and minimum qualifying marks in the test.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the Postgraduate Entrance Test is 35% for General category and Other Backward Classes (OBC) and 25% for SC/ST candidates.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test, their overall merit, and merit within the category to which they belong will be mailed at their registered e-mail IDs and will be sent through SMS at their registered mobile number provided by the candidates while filling up the application form.
BHU PET 2021 Counselling
Authority will start the BHU PET 2021 Counselling from July 2020. The candidate will receive the call letter to appear for the counselling session. Candidates will be called for counselling only when their name has appeared in the merit list. Candidates will be required to contact the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge and mark their attendance by signing the attendance sheet available with the Counseling Centre Incharge and have to carry certain documents with themselves.
BHU PET 2021 Seat Reservation
Candidates will be allotted a seat as per the categories and as per the number of vacant seats available.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): OBC candidates will be provided 27%.
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe: 15% of the seats will be reserved for SC and 7.5% will be reserved for ST.
- Persons with Disability: Blind Candidates will be provided with a “Writer” by the University whose qualifications will be decided by the University.5% seats shall be reserved for Physically Challenged Candidates: (a) blindness and low vision; (1%) + (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (1%) + (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (1%) + (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (1%) + (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities: (1%) (on horizontal reservation basis).
BHU PET 2021 Answer Key
BHU PET Answer Key 2021 will be displayed by the official authority within 05 days after the commencement of the test. Candidate can go through the following given below points to know more about BHU PET answer key.
- The provisional answer key will be uploaded on the BHU's official entrance test portal, i.e. www.bhuonline.in.
- Candidates can see the provisional answer key by login the portal.
- BHU will provide the facility to challenge the provisional Answer Key and questions but for that candidates have to pay online a sum of Rs. 100/- as Processing Fee per question/answer key challenged.
- This facility will be available only for 03 days from the date of upload.
- Candidates can not challenge the answer key through email/offline modes and without receipt of Processing Fee.
- The payment of the Processing Fee can be made online only via (Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking).
- The processing fee will be refunded online in the same account if the challenge is found correct.
BHU PET 2021 Highlights
Check the BHU PET 2021 basic pieces of information below in the table:
Name of the Exam
BHU PET 2021 (Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test)
Exam Conducting body
Banaras Hindu University
BHU PET Official website
Online (Computer Based Test)
To offer admission into various Postgraduate Courses.
Stay connected for more updates regarding BHU PET 2021
Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test
Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test is a University level test conducted by Banaras University. This exam is conducted to offer admissions in various General Courses, Professional Courses, Vocational Courses and Special Courses. The online examination will be conducted in 115 cities across India. The maximum marks allotted to PG Entrance Test is 360 marks. There will be a total of 120 questions in the test.BHU Counselling and Admissions will be carried out based on the official cut off list. The general BHU PET cutoff is listed here.
BHU PET 2019 Cutoff
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||25%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||25%|
|MPA & MFA||35% (theory) and 45% (practical)|
|M.P.Ed.||35% (theory) and 45% (Physical Fitness Test)|
Stay connected for more update regarding BHU PET 2021
Banaras Hindu University
BHU which is also known as Banaras Hindu University formerly Central Hindu College is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. It was established in 1916 by Madan Mohan Malaviya and Annie Besant. With over 30,000 students residing on campus, it claims the title of the largest residential university in Asia. BHU VARANASI offers admission in various courses like BA (Hons.), B.A.L.L.B., BAMS, B.COM (HONS.), BDS, B.Ed., BFA, B.VOC, DM, L.L.B. (HONS.), LL.D., LLM, MA, MBA, MBBS, MCA, B.P.Ed, BSc (H) Agri, B.Sc (HONS.), B.Sc MLT,M.CH, M.COM, MD, MDS, M.Ed., MFA, M.LIB, M.P.Ed, MS, MSc, M.Sc COMP APP, M.Tech, M.VOC, PhD (LAW), PGDMC, PhD Agri, PhD COM, PhD EDU, PhD (MGMT), PhD (SCI).