BHU RET 2020 or Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test is exam conducted by the Banaras Hindu University(BHU). Banaras Hindu University RET is a university level entrance exam conducted with the purpose to enrol candidates in the Doctor of Philosophy/Vidyāvāridhi Degree in many disciplines such as Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Agronomy, Food Science & Technology, Horticulture, Genetics & Plant Breeding etc. The candidates can go through the complete article to get the complete information about BHU RET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
BHU RET 2020 Application Form
BHU RET exam 2020 Application form is expected to be released in the last week of September 2020. Before fill, the application form candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria first. The vital information regarding application form is given below:
- The application form will be filled through online mode only.
- An E-mail ID for registration and for receiving all future correspondence till the admission process is over and subsequently if admitted.
- A Mobile Number to receive SMS based notifications/communications related to the online application, Admit card, Entrance Test Result, Admission Counseling etc till the admission process is over and subsequently, if admitted.
- Access to facilities of a computer with internet connectivity, B/W printer and scanner.
- A recent passport-sized colour photograph (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
- Your signature using Blue/Black pen on white sheet (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
BHU RET 2020 Application Fees
Category wise application fee details are mentioned below:
BHU RET Examination Fees 2020
Mode of payment:
- Online Mode: Application Fees can be paid by Net Banking, Credit card or ATM-cum-Debit card
- Offline Mode: If you do not have Net Banking facility/Credit Card or ATM-cum Debit Card, you can pay the fee in cash at any branch of HDFC Bank through the Challan downloaded from the Entrance Test Portal. You will be able to download the duly filled up HDFC Bank challan from the Entrance Test Portal only when you select the "cash payment" option while filling the application form online.
BHU RET 2020 Eligibility criteria
Candidate must check BHU RET eligibility criteria before filling the form. The qualification criteria for Banaras Hindu University Research courses are mention below:
- Master‟s degree in Life Sciences and its allied disciplines; or
- Master‟s Degree in any one of the subjects in Zoology, Botany, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Environmental Sciences, Applied Microbiology, Neuroscience, Biophysics, Plant Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biosciences and Animal Sciences and other Life Science disciplines.
- Qualifying Marks: Must have at least 55% in the aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the examination of the qualifying degree and a minimum academic record of 50.
Note: The above qualifying degree must be obtained from any Indian University/Institution recognized by UGC.
BHU RET 2020 Reservation of Seats
The category-wise seat reservation can be checked below in the given table:
BHU RET 2020 Category- Wise Seat Reservations
| Scheduled Caste||15%|
|Physically Challenged Candidates||5%|
However, if a candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate must satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that particular category.
BHU RET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download the Admit Card of BHU Entrance Test Portal from (www.bhuonline.in) on providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of the application form. Candidates can go through the below-given points-
- The hall ticket is mandatory in the examination hall as without it candidate will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card on receiving it for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately.
- A passport size photograph is affixed (same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission) in the space provided on the printout of the Admit Card under self-attestation.
- If a candidate is unable to download the Admit Card, he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone Numbers and help desk email id. available on Entrance Test Portal.
BHU RET 2020 Exam Pattern
The aspirants can check the BHU RET 2020 Exam Pattern in the given below table:
Test A -
- Exam Mode - CBT(Computer Based Test)
- Questions Type - Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of Questions - 100 Questions
- Duration - 120 Minutes
- Total Marks - 300 Marks
- Marking Scheme - Each correct answer will be given 3 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Test B -
- Duration of exam: 30 minutes
- Maximum Marks: 50 marks
- Marking Scheme: Candidates shall receive their marks depending upon their performances and no specific scheme has been set for the same.
BHU RET 2020 Syllabus
The aspirants can check the BHU RET 2020 syllabus below:
M.Phil Entrance Test syllabus
- Test A -
- Subject Knowledge,
- Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability
- Research Methodology
BHU RET 2020 Answer Key
The authority will release the answer key for BHU Research Entrance Test on its website within 02 to 03 days of the date of conduct of test.
- Candidates can challenge the BHU RET 2020 provisional Answer key by login on the portal of the competent authority.
- The Candidates would be required to pay a sum of Rs.100/- as Processing Fee for each question/answer key challenged.
- The processing fee will have to be paid online on the website of the BHU. The payment will have to be made through (Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking).
BHU RET 2020 Result
BHU will publish the merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the entrance exam.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the Research Entrance Test has been fixed as 35% for all categories category.
- The candidates will be able to check their score on the portal of BHU by login with the credentials.
- All the selected candidates of Test A are required to appear for the Test B and the result for Test B shall also be released on a merit basis.
- The merit list after the conduct of Test B shall be used as the final BHU RET 2020 result and the admission will be done based on the total marks of Test A and B.
BHU RET 2020 Counselling
The University will adopt computerised counselling procedure for admissions to various courses. While going for BHU RET 2020 counselling applicants are advised to carry their original documents to the centre for verification purposes. The candidates may be advised to see the course allocation page on their portal on the counselling day and thereafter.
BHU RET 2020 Test Centers
The candidates can check the BHU RET 2020 exam centers below in the given list:
|Karnataka ||Hubballi (Hubli) |
|Mysuru (Mysore) |
|Delhi||New Delhi |
|Haryana ||Ambala |
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur |
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand ||Bokaro Steel City|
|Meghalaya ||Shillong |
|Mizoram ||Aizwal |
|Nagaland ||Kohima |
| Bhatinda |
|Tamil Nadu ||Salem |
|West Bengal||Asansol |
While filling the form the candidates can choose the cities of thier choice from the above list.
BHU RET 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check the BHU RET summary in the given below table:
|Exam Name||Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|BHU RET Official website||http://bhuonline.in/|
Banaras Hindu University was established in the year 1916 and is located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Its a Public University and was formed by the Madan Mohan Malaviya with co-operation from Annie Besant. The university is spread over 1,300 acres (5.3 km2) was built on the land donated by the Kashi Naresh Prabhu Narayan Singh. It is accredited by the ACU, AIU, NAAC and UGC. Academic faculties of the university include:
- Visual Arts
- Social Sciences
- Vidya Dharma Vijnan Sankaya
- Performing Arts