BHU RET 2021 or Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test is the exam that will be conducted in September 2021 tentatively by the Banaras Hindu University(BHU). Banaras Hindu University RET is a university level entrance exam conducted with the purpose to enroll candidates in the Doctor of Philosophy/Vidyāvāridhi Degree in many disciplines such as Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Agronomy, Food Science & Technology, Horticulture, Genetics & Plant Breeding, etc. The candidates can go through the complete article to get the complete information about BHU RET 2021 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling, etc.
BHU RET 2021 Important Dates
Following are the important dates related to BHU RET 2021.
|Application form start date||August 2021|
|Application form end date||August 2021|
|Admit card release date||September 2021|
|Exam date||September 2021|
|Result date||November 2021|
BHU RET 2021 Application Form
Before fill, the application form, candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria first. The vital information regarding the application form is given below:
- The application form will be filled in online mode only.
- An E-mail ID for registration and for receiving all future correspondence until the admission process is over and subsequently admitted.
- A Mobile Number to receive SMS-based notifications/communications related to the online application, Admit card, Entrance Test Result, Admission Counseling, etc., till the admission process is over and subsequently, if admitted.
- Access to facilities of a computer with internet connectivity, B/W printer, and scanner.
- A recent passport-sized color photograph (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
- Your signature using Blue/Black pen on white sheet (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
BHU RET 2021 Application Fees
Category wise application fee details are mentioned below:
BHU RET Examination Fees 2021
Mode of payment:
- Online Mode: Application Fees can be paid by Net Banking, Credit card, or ATM-cum-Debit card
- Offline Mode: If you do not have a Net Banking facility/Credit Card or ATM-cum Debit Card, you can pay the cash fee at any branch of HDFC Bank through the Challan downloaded from the Entrance Test Portal. You will be able to download the duly filled up HDFC Bank challan from the Entrance Test Portal only when you select the "cash payment" option while filling the application form online.
BHU RET 2021 Eligibility criteria
The candidate must check the BHU RET eligibility criteria before filling the form. The qualification criteria for Banaras Hindu University Research courses are mention below:
- Master‟s degree in Life Sciences and its allied disciplines; or
- Master‟s Degree in any one of the subjects in Zoology, Botany, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Environmental Sciences, Applied Microbiology, Neuroscience, Biophysics, Plant Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biosciences, and Animal Sciences and other Life Science disciplines.
- Qualifying Marks: Must have at least 55% in the aggregate or equivalent grade point average in examining the qualifying degree and a minimum academic record of 50.
Note: The above qualifying degree must be obtained from any Indian University/Institution recognized by UGC.
BHU RET 2021 Reservation of Seats
The category-wise seat reservation can be checked below in the given table:
BHU RET 2021 Category- Wise Seat Reservations
| Scheduled Caste||15%|
|Physically Challenged Candidates||5%|
However, if a candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example, PC/Employee Ward, etc.), the candidate must satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that particular category.
BHU RET 2021 Exam Pattern
The aspirants can check the BHU RET 2021 Exam Pattern in the given below table:
Test A -
- Exam Mode - CBT(Computer Based Test)
- Questions Type - Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of Questions - 100 Questions
- Duration - 120 Minutes
- Total Marks - 300 Marks
- Marking Scheme - Each correct answer will be given 3 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Test B -
- Duration of exam: 30 minutes
- Maximum Marks: 50 marks
- Marking Scheme: Candidates shall receive their marks depending upon their performances, and no specific scheme has been set for the same.
BHU RET 2021 Syllabus
The aspirants can check the BHU RET 2021 syllabus below:
M.Phil Entrance Test syllabus
- Test A -
- Subject Knowledge,
- Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability
- Research Methodology
BHU RET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download the Admit Card of BHU Entrance Test Portal from (www.online.in) on providing the unique registration ID allotted to them when online submission of the application form. Candidates can go through the below-given points-
- The hall ticket is mandatory in the examination hall as, without it, candidates will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card on receiving it for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately.
- A passport size photograph is affixed (same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission) in the space provided on the Admit Card's printout under self-attestation.
- If a candidate cannot download the Admit Card, he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone Numbers, and help desk email id. Available on Entrance Test Portal.
BHU RET 2021 Answer Key
The authority will release the answer key for the BHU Research Entrance Test on its website within 02 to 03 days of the test's date of conduct.
- Candidates can challenge the BHU RET 2020 provisional Answer key by logging on to the competent authority portal.
- The Candidates would be required to pay a sum of Rs.100/- as Processing Fee for each question/answer key challenged.
- The processing fee will have to be paid online on the website of the BHU. The payment will have to be made through (Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking).
BHU RET 2021 Result
BHU will publish the merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the entrance exam.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the Research Entrance Test has been fixed as 35% for all categories category.
- The candidates will be able to check their score on the portal of BHU by login with the credentials.
- All the selected candidates of Test A are required to appear for Test B, and the result for Test B shall also be released on a merit basis.
- The merit list after Test B's conduct shall be used as the final BHU RET 2020 result, and the admission will be made based on the total marks of Test A and B.
BHU RET 2021 Counselling
The University will adopt a computerized counseling procedure for admissions to various courses. While going for BHU RET 2021, counseling applicants must carry their original documents to the center for verification purposes. The candidates may be advised to see the course allocation page on their portal on the counseling day and thereafter.
BHU RET 2021 Test Centers
The candidates can check the BHU RET 2021 exam centers below in the given list:
|Karnataka ||Hubballi (Hubli) |
|Mysuru (Mysore) |
|Delhi||New Delhi |
|Haryana ||Ambala |
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur |
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand ||Bokaro Steel City|
|Meghalaya ||Shillong |
|Mizoram ||Aizwal |
|Nagaland ||Kohima |
| Bhatinda |
|Tamil Nadu ||Salem |
|West Bengal||Asansol |
While filling the form, the candidates can choose the cities of their choice from the above list.
BHU RET 2021 Highlights
Candidates can check the BHU RET summary in the given below table:
|Exam Name||Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|BHU RET Official website||http://bhuonline.in/|
Banaras Hindu University was established in the year 1916 and is located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. The Madan Mohan Malaviya formed its a Public University and with co-operation from Annie Besant. The university is spread over 1,300 acres (5.3 km2) was built on the land donated by the Kashi Naresh Prabhu Narayan Singh. It is accredited by the ACU, AIU, NAAC, and UGC. Academic faculties of the university include:
- Visual Arts
- Social Sciences
- Vidya Dharma Vijnan Sankaya
- Performing Arts