BHU RET 2022 Eligibility Criteria is released by the BHU (Banaras Hindu University) must be fulfilled by the candidates to appear in the Research Entrance Test. The applicants should have passed a master's degree from a recognised board/university to apply for this exam. On qualifying, this exam the candidates will get admission to the Doctor of Philosophy/Vidyāvāridhi Degree in many disciplines such as Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Agronomy, Horticulture, Food Science & Technology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, etc. Before applying for this exam aspirants must make sure that they are eligible for the exam. Go through the complete article below to know the eligibility details for RET 2022.
BHU RET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants can read the below points to get detailed information regarding the eligibility for PhD Programmes, Integrated M.Phil-PhD Programmes and M.Phil:
BHU RET Eligibility for admission to the PhD Programmes
The candidates must have a score of minimum 55%marks or equivalent CGPA for open categories and for SC/ST and PC candidates there will be a relaxation of 5% marks(or equivalent grade point average)in below discipline to apply for the preferable courses of BHU PhD:
- Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences - Qualifying examinations are as follows:
- Should hold a Master's degree in the concerned subject OR masters degree in any one of the allied subjects. However, for admission to PhD in Women's Studies, Public Administration, Peace Research and Nepal Studies candidates holding PG degree in any discipline of Social Science / Science/ Humanities / Management would be eligible.
- Further candidates having PG in Nepali and Culture are also eligible for Ph.D. in Nepal Studies.
- For admission to PhD in Subaltern studies candidates holding M.Phil. degree in Subaltern Studies would be eligible.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil. in Subaltern Studies from the BHU shall be considered for direct admission to PhD in Subaltern Studies without appearing in the RET. However, such candidates who have obtained the M.Phil. from other Universities are required to give RET for Subaltern Studies.
- For admission to PhD in Geophysics - candidates holding BE / B.Tech. degree in Mining Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences (Environmental Technology) would also be eligible.
- For admission to PhD in Molecular and Human Genetics - candidates having a BE/B.Tech. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Materials Science and Pharmaceutical Engineering Biotechnology, Bioscience & Bioengineering, would also be eligible.
- For admission to PhD in Mathematical Sciences - the candidates holding PG degrees in their allied subjects are allowed to appear in the RET of Mathematical Sciences.
- For admission to PhD in Human and Clinical Genetics - the candidates holding PG degrees (M.Sc. / MD / MS / MDS / M.Tech. / DM) in their allied subjects are allowed to appear in the RET of Human and Clinical Genetics.
- Ph.D. in Bhojpuri evam Janpadiya Adhyan evam Janpadiya Adhyan - candidates holding PG Degree in Agriculture, Humanities, Social Sciences, Medical Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Management, Performing Arts and Visual Arts in any branch/discipline are eligible to apply.
- Faculty of Performing Arts: Master's degree in any of the following examinations viz; Sangeet Praveen examination of Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad; Sangeet Nipun examination of Bhatkhande Vidyapeeth, Lucknow, Sangeet Alankar Examination of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai, Sangeet Kovid examination of Indra Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh OR Master's degree in any one of the allied subjects.
- Sanskrit Vidya Dharm Vigyan Sankay: Acharya degree in the concerned subject OR Acharya or equivalent degree in any one of the allied subjects.
- Faculty of Commerce: Master's degree in Commerce (M.Com.)/Master of Finance and Control (M.F.C.)/ Master of Risk and Insurance Management (MRIM)/ Master of Financial Management (MFM)/Master of Financial Management (Risk & Insurance)/Master of Foreign Trade/Master of Business Management (M.B.M.), Master of Business Administration OR in allied areas namely, M.A. in Economics / Psychology, Chartered Accountancy (C.A.) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Costs & Works Accountancy of the Institute of Costs & Works Accountants of India (I.C.W.A.I.), the Company Secretaryship of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (I.C.S.I.)
- Faculty of Management Studies: Master's degree in Business Management (M.B.M.), (M.B.A.), Management Studies/ Management Sciences (M.M.S.), International Business Administration (M.I.B.A.), (M.I.B.), M.B.A. (Agri-Business) OR 2 years PG diploma in Management from any one of the Indian Institutes of Management (I.I.Ms)/or First Class in two-year full-time PGDM declared equivalent to Master's Degree in Management by AIU / accredited by AICTE/UGC or Xavier Labour Relations Institute (X.L.R.I.), Gurgoan or Institute of Management and Technology (I.M.T.), Jamshedpur or Management Development Institute (M.D.I.), Ghaziabad or Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (I.I.F.T.), New Delhi or International Management Institute (I.M.I.), New Delhi or School of Management Sciences, Varanasi and Lucknow or First class graduate and professionally qualified Chartered Accountant/Cost and Works Accountant/Company Secretary of the concerned statutory bodies with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade point average.
- Faculty of Environment & Sustainable Development: A candidate having Master‟s degree in the concerned subject OR Masters degree in any one of the allied subjects, namely, Agriculture, Chemistry /Applied Chemistry, Microbiology/Applied Microbiology, Atmospheric Sciences, Physics/Applied Physics, Biochemistry, Bio-informatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Earth Sciences, Ecological Sciences, M.Tech. in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Microbiology, Environmental Biotechnology, M.Sc. in Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Life Science/Biosciences, Meteorology, Wildlife Biology, Zoology, Statistics, Remote Sensing & GIS/Geoinformatics provided the candidate has opted at least one paper related to environment and/or sustainable development.
- Faculty of Law: At least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA in a Master's degree in concerned discipline.
- Faculty of Education: M.Ed./M.A. Master'ss degree in Special Education OR Masters degree in any one of the allied subjects (Indian Philosophy and Religion, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, Economics, History).
- Faculty of Medicine: Should hold Doctor of Medicine / Master of Surgery (M.S.)/ Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch.)/Doctoratus of Medicines (D.M.)/ Diplomate of National Board (D.N.B) in the concerned subject recognized by the Medical Council of India. OR M.Sc. in the concerned subject OR Master's degree in any one of the allied subjects.
- Faculty of Ayurveda: Should have a degree of M.D.(Ay.)/ M.S.(Ay.) recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM). OR Master's degree in any one of the allied subjects.
- Faculty of Dental Sciences: Master's Degree in Dental Surgery or Master's degree in any one of the allied subjects from a recognised board.
- Faculty of Visual Arts: Should hold a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts under four-year course and Master's degree in Fine Arts: MFA in applied Art or MFA in Plastic Arts (Sculpture) or MFA in Painting or in Textile Design or MFA in Pottery Ceramic.
BHU RET Eligibility for admission to the M.Phil-PhD Programmes
Those who want to apply for M.Phil - PhD Programmes the candidates can check the eligibility below in the given list:
- Faculty of Environment & Sustainable Development - Master's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Technology, Environmental Studies, and Environmental Biology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science and Sustainable Development OR Master's Degree in any one of the subjects in the environment-related areas of in Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agriculture, Earth Science, Atmospheric Science, Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering & Technology OR M.A. in Economics with specialization in Environmental Economics OR M.A. in Sociology with specialization in Environmental Sociology OR M.A. in Rural Development OR LLB/LLM with major/specialization in Environmental Law OR Bachelor of Engineering/Technology in any branch/discipline with a minimum 55% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the examination of the qualifying degree.
- Interdisciplinary School of Life Sciences, Institute of Science - Master's degree in Life Sciences and its allied disciplines; OR Master's degree in any one of the subjects in Botany, Biochemistry, Zoology, Biotechnology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Environmental Sciences, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Microbiology, Applied Microbiology, Neuroscience, Biophysics, Plant Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biosciences and Animal Sciences and other Life Science disciplines with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Note - there shall be a relaxation of 5% marks (or equivalent grade point average) for SC/ST and PC candidates in the minimum marks.
BHU RET Eligibility for admission to the M.Phil
The candidates will have to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria to appear for RET M.Phil:
- Subaltern Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences: Should have passed PG in any disciplines of Social Sciences/Humanities with minimum 55% marks at the qualifying examination.
- Note - For SC/ST candidates there will be no requirement for a minimum percentage of marks in the aggregate but OBC and PWD candidates there will be a relaxation of 5% marks in aggregate.
BHU RET 2022 Reservations
The candidates will be given seat reservation for BHU RET 2021 based on the following category wise division:
BHU RET 2022 Category- Wise Seat Reservations
|Physically Challenged Candidates||5%|