IMU CET 2021 Application Form will be released in the first week of April 2021 tentatively. It is a National level entrance exam conducted once a year by the Indian Maritime University with the purpose to select candidates for admission to the university. Those candidates who will submit their application form before the last date along with the payment of fee will be able to attend the exam. Candidates can read this complete article to get more information about the application form, eligibility criteria, and admit card of IMU CET 2021.
IMU CET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can find important dates and events related to IMU CET 2021 from the given table below:
IMU CET 2021 Important Dates
|First week of April 2021|
Announcement of PI shortlist
|Second week of May 2021|
|Third week of May 2021|
Provisional admission offers
|First week of June 2021|
Last date for accepting offers
|Second week of June 2021|
|Second week of June 2021|
IMU CET 2021 Application Form
Candidates will be able to fill out the IMU CET 2021 application form via the university's official website.
- The entire process of filling the application form includes completing the registration process in online mode, filling the asked details in the form, uploading the required documents, and the final step of paying the application fee.
All applicants are advised to provide the form with their correct information. Since these details will be used in the further admission process, and if an applicant is found to have submitted false details in the application form in order to meet the eligibility requirements, their application will be automatically rejected without prior warning.
- The candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of their signature, photograph, 10th class Mark Sheet and other relevant documents in the prescribed format.
IMU CET 2021 Application Fee
IMU CET 2021 application fee structure is listed in the table below:
Fee Amount (in Rs.)
General and OBC category candidate
Mode of Payment: The candidates will be able to pay the application fee in the following ways.
- Debit card
- Net banking
- Credit card.
IMU CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure their eligibility for the exam before they start filling the application form. Information on IMU CET 2021 eligibility is given below:
B.Sc (Nautical Science)/ B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course eligibility:
B.Sc (Ship Building and Repair) Course eligibility:
- Qualification Required: Applicants must have completed their 12th class from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: Candidate must have a minimum aggregate of at least 50% in English subject and 50% in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry whereas, candidates belonging to SC/ST category a relaxation of 5% marks (except the English subject) will be given.
M.Tech course eligibility:
- Qualification Criteria: Applicants must have completed B.Tech/BE in Naval Architecture/ Mechanical Engineering/ Marine Engineering from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: The candidates must have at least 60% marks in their B.tech/BE.
MBA Course eligibility:
- Qualification Criteria: The candidate must have completed their Bachelor’s in any of the disciplines from a recognized university or Board.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: The candidates must have a minimum aggregate of at least 50% in English subject and 50% in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
IMU CET 2021 Admit Card
Indian Maritime University will post the IMU CET 2021 Admit Card on its official online website.
- Candidates need to check their mails regularly as a reminder will be sent to them to download the admit card.
- The university will not be responsible for sending the admit card to the candidates by any of the means.
- The candidates must keep in mind to carry their admit card with them on the exam day otherwise, they will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
Significant information, such as the date and location of the test, name of the applicant, and other personal information.
- Students must keep their admit card carefully until all the process of admission gets completed.
IMU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can go through this section to get important information about the exam pattern. The details about the IMU CET exam pattern 2021 are given below:
Exam Pattern for IMU CET 2021
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Types of question||MCQ(Multiple Choice Question)|
|Total No of question||There will be a total of 200 questions for UG courses and 120 questions for the PG test.|
(+1) for every right answer
There will be no deduction of marks for the wrong attempt.
Information about the question paper pattern is provided in the table below:
Section-wise distribution of Marks
Number of Questions from each subject
IMU CET 2021 Syllabus
The candidates can refer to this section to know the detailed IMU CET Syllabus 2021 given hereby:
For UG and PG services, the exam syllabus for IMU CET 2021 will be different. The UG exam syllabus will be based on 12th class syllabus.
For UG Courses:
The Syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics studied at the 12th level.
For M.Tech Course:
Topics from English, Mathematics & Mechanical Engineering/ Maritime Engineering/ Naval Architecture/Civil Engineering will be included in the syllabus.
For MBA Course:
Topics such as Quantitative Ability, Data Analysis, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning will be included in the syllabus.
IMU CET 2021 Preparation Tips
To improve their level of preparation, the candidates need to follow the preparation tips given below for IMU CET 2021.
- Candidates must give mock tests regularly to check their preparation level.
- Also, they must make short notes of every topic to revise the previously studied topic conveniently.
- Furthermore, they must have full knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus.
Applicants need to increase their comprehension of the latest news through TV, newspapers, internet, news apps, etc.
- Candidates need to follow a proper time- table.
- Applicants must study from books by famous authors.
- They must take care of their diet and have an adequate amount of rest.
- The candidates need to give equal time to all the subjects and focus more on the subject in which they find difficult.
Also, to relieve their tension, the applicant must practise yoga or meditation.
IMU CET 2021 Result
After the satisfactory completion of the test, the IMU CET Result 2021 will be published on the official website.
- The candidates need to go to the official website and log in using their login credentials to check their results.
- Also, the scorecard will be released online.
The scorecard will also be issued with the rank and mark data secured by the candidate.
After testing their outcome, the applicant would come to know about their qualifying status for the therapy process.
IMU CET 2021 Cut Off
The cut-off for the exam would depend on several variables, such as the difficulty level of the question paper, seat availability, etc.
- The candidate scoring the minimum cutoff marks as decided by the university will be qualifying to attend the counselling round.
- The qualifying candidates will be able to apply to many colleges.
IMU CET 2021 Counselling
Courses offered through IMU CET
The candidates will be getting admission into the following courses on qualifying this All India Entrance Test:
Ocean Engineering, Marine Engineering, and Naval Architecture
Ship Building and Repair, Nautical Science and Maritime Science
Marine engineering & management, Dredging & Harbor Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, etc.
International transportation & logistics management and Port & Shipping management
IMU CET 2021 Exam Centers
The entrance exam will be conducted all over India across many cities. Following are the names of the cities:
- New Delhi
- Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam
The information above is based on data and references from the previous year. No official notification of the conducting agency (IMU) has been issued. We'll soon update it here once it's published. Until then, for the latest updates, stay linked to the entrance zone.
IMU CET 2021 Highlights
Given below the major points of CET 2021:
Name of the exam
Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
Exam conducting body
Indian Maritime University
National level entrance exam
Marine Engineering undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Online Mode (Computer Based Test)
Admission in Marine Engineering undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Candidates can visit the Indian Maritime University's official website to get more information about the exam.
About Indian Maritime University
The Indian Maritime University came into being through an Act of Parliament (Act 22) on 14th November 2008 as a Central University and is poised to play a key role in the development of a trained human resource for the maritime sector. The moto of the University is to facilitate and promote maritime studies, training, research and extension work with a focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields, and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.