IMU CET 2020 Application Form last date to submit has been extended to 31 August 2020. It is a National level entrance exam conducted once in a year by the Indian Maritime University with the purpose to select candidates for admission in the university. Candidates will be able to fill the application form of IMU CET 2020 in online mode by visiting the official website of the university. Those candidates who will submit their application form before the last date along with the payment of fee will be able to attend the exam. Candidates can read this complete article to get more information about the application form, eligibility criteria, and admit card of IMU CET 2020.
- The last date to Apply for IMU CET 2020 has been extended to 21 August 2020.
- IMUCET 2020 has been cancelled.
- Admission will be based on HSC / PUC / Intermediate Examination. Rank Certificate will be issued based on the normalization method.
IMU CET 2020 Application Form
The candidates can check the complete details about the IMU CET 2020 Application Form that are given below:
- Candidates will be able to fill the IMU CET 2020 Application Form through the official website of the university.
- The entire process of filling the application form includes completing the registration process in online mode, filling the asked details in the form, uploading the required documents, and the final step of paying the application fee.
- All applicants are advised to give their correct details in the form. As these details will be used in the further admission process, and if any candidate is found giving false details in the application form with the purpose to match the eligibility criteria, then their application will be rejected automatically without any prior notice.
- The candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of their signature, photograph, 10th class Mark Sheet and other relevant documents in the prescribed format.
IMU CET 2020 Application Fee
The application fee structure of IMU CET 2020 is mentioned in the given below table.
Fee Amount (in Rs.)
General and OBC category candidate
Mode of Payment: The candidates will be able to pay the application fee in the following ways.
- Debit card
- Net banking
- Credit card.
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure their eligibility for the exam before they start filling the application form. Information about IMU CET eligibility 2020 is provided below:
B.Sc (Nautical Science)/ B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course eligibility:
- Qualification Required: Candidate must have completed their 10+2 from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: Candidate must have a minimum aggregate of at least 50% in English and subject and 60% in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry whereas, candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be given a relaxation of 5% marks (except English subject).
- Age Criteria: The candidates’ age must be between 17 to 25 years.
B.Sc (Ship Building and Repair) Course eligibility:
- Qualification Required: Applicants must have completed their 12th class from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: Candidate must have a minimum aggregate of at least 50% in English subject and 50% in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry whereas, candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be given a relaxation of 5% marks (except English subject).
M.Tech course eligibility:
- Qualification Criteria: Applicants must have completed B.Tech/BE in Naval Architecture/ Mechanical Engineering/ Marine Engineering from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: The candidates must have at least 60% marks in their B.tech/BE.
MBA Course eligibility:
- Qualification Criteria: The candidate must have completed their Bachelor’s in any of the disciplines from a recognized university or Board.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: The candidates must have a minimum aggregate of at least 50% in English subject and 50% in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
IMU CET 2020 Result
IMU CET Result 2020 will be released on the official website after the successful conduction of the exam.
- The candidates need to go to the official website and log in using their login credentials to check their results.
- Also, the scorecard will be released online.
- The scorecard will also be released which will be having the information of rank and marks secured by the candidate.
- The candidate will come to know about their qualifying status for the counseling process after checking their result.
IMU CET 2020 Cut Off
The cut off for the exam will depend on many factors such as question paper difficulty level, availability of seats, etc.
- The candidate scoring the minimum cutoff marks as decided by the university will be qualifying to attend the counseling round.
- The qualifying candidates will be able to apply to many colleges.
IMU CET 2020 Counselling
The qualifying candidates will be required to register themselves to take part in IMU CET counseling 2020.
- The counseling process will be conducted at IMU campuses itself.
- Various campuses will conduct their counseling separately.
- The candidates will also have to take their original documents for the document verification process.
- The candidates will also be required to take their physical fitness certificate with them.
- The applicants will also be required to download their counseling letter and also pay the counseling fee to take part in the counseling process.
- The candidates will be allotted the seats based on the ranks they have secured in the entrance exam.
Courses offered through IMU CET
The candidates will be getting admission into the following courses on qualifying this All India Entrance Test:
Ocean Engineering, Marine Engineering, and Naval Architecture
Ship Building and Repair, Nautical Science and Maritime Science
Marine engineering & management, Dredging & Harbor Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, etc.
International transportation & logistics management and Port & Shipping management
IMU CET 2020 Admit Card
IMU CET 2020 Admit Card will be released by Indian Maritime University on its official website through online mode.
- Candidates need to check their mails regularly as a reminder will be sent to them to download the admit card.
- The university will not be responsible for sending the admit card to the candidates by any of the means.
- The candidates must keep in mind to carry their admit card with them on the exam day otherwise, they will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Important information such as exam date and venue, candidate name, and other personal details.
- Students must keep their admit card carefully until all the process of admission gets completed.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can go through this section to get important information about the exam pattern. The details about the IMU CET exam pattern 2020 are given below:
Exam Pattern for IMU CET 2020
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Types of question||MCQ(Multiple Choice Question)|
|Total No of question||There will be a total of 200 questions for UG courses and 120 questions for the PG test.|
(+1) for every right answer
There will be no deduction of marks for the wrong attempt.
Information about the question paper pattern is provided in the table below:
Section-wise distribution of Marks
Number of Questions from each subject
IMU CET 2020 Syllabus
The candidates can refer to this section to know the detailed IMU CET Syllabus 2020 given hereby:
The exam syllabus of IMU CET 2020 will be different for UG and PG programs. The UG exam syllabus will be based on 12th class syllabus.
For UG Courses:
The Syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics studied at the 12th level.
For M.Tech Course:
The Syllabus will include topics from English, Mathematics & one of Mechanical Engineering/ Marine Engineering/ Naval Architecture/ Civil Engineering.
For MBA Course:
The Syllabus will include topics from Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
Download IMU CET 2020 Prospectus Pdf
IMU CET 2020 Preparation Tips
The candidates need to follow the preparation tips given below for IMU CET 2020 to enhance their preparation level:
- Candidates must give mock tests regularly to check their preparation level.
- Also, they must make short notes of every topic to revise the previously studied topic conveniently.
- Furthermore, they must have full knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus.
- The candidates need to improve their awareness of the latest news through television, newspaper, the internet, news apps, etc.
- Candidates need to follow a proper time- table.
- Applicants must study from books by famous authors.
- They must take care of their diet and have an adequate amount of rest.
- The candidates need to give equal time to all the subjects and focus more on the subject in which they find difficult.
- Also, the candidate must practice yoga or meditation to manage their stress.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Centers
The entrance exam will be conducted all over India across many cities. Following are the names of the cities:
- New Delhi
- Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam
The above information is based on previous year data and references. No official notification has been released by the conducting body (IMU). Once it is released we'll update it here soon. Till then stay connected to Entrancezone for the latest updates.
IMU CET 2020 Highlights
Given below the major points of CET 2020:
Name of the exam
Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
Exam conducting body
Indian Maritime University
National level entrance exam
Marine Engineering undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Online Mode (Computer Based Test)
Admission in Marine Engineering undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Candidates can visit the official website of Indian Maritime University to get more information about the exam.
About Indian Maritime University
The Indian Maritime University came into being through an Act of Parliament (Act 22) on 14th November 2008 as a Central University and is poised to play a key role in the development of a trained human resource for the maritime sector. The moto of the University is to facilitate and promote maritime studies, training, research and extension work with a focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields, and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.