IPU CET 2020 is scheduled to be held from 09 - 14 September 2020. The candidates can download the admit card from the portal of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This is a University Level exam organized Annually to offer the candidates admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The candidates will be offered admission into B.Tech, BBA, BCA, LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA & various other courses in the GGSIPU and various affiliated colleges. However, the candidates need to apply through their NEET scores to get admission into BDS and MBBS programmes. The candidates qualifying this exam will be getting admission into GGSIPU and other colleges affiliated to this university. Candidates can read the complete article to know more about IPU Common Entrance Exam 2020.
- CET 2020 for B.Pharma has been cancelled.
- The online registration for B.Tech counselling has started from 13 September & will continue until date 30 September 2020.
- IPU CET 2020 will be conducted on 09-14 September 2020.
- The admit card has been released on 07 September 2020.
IPU CET 2020 Important Dates
Get the dates for all courses for IPU CET 2020 underneath;
|CET Code and Courses||Date of CET|
|139 – M.Tech CS Group||12 September 2020|
|140 – M.Tech Electronics Group||12 September 2020|
|147 – M.Tech Tool Engg||10 September 2020|
|148 – M.Tech BioTech||10 September 2020|
|149 – M.Tech Nanoscience and Technology||11 September 2020|
|150 – M.Teh Engg Physics||12 September 2020|
|152 – M.Tech Chemical Engg||09 September 2020|
|156 – M.Tech robotics and automation||10 September 2020|
|101 – MBA, MBA (IB), MBA (FM), MBA (FA)||09 September 2020|
|116 – MBA (IT)||09 September 2020|
|106 – MA (Mass Comm)||13 September 2020|
|107 – Master of Physiotherapy||10 September 2020|
|108 – Master of Occupation Therapy (Neurology)||10 September 2020|
|109 – Master of Prosthetics and Orthotics||10 September 2020|
|111 – M.Sc of science (Env. Management)||10 September 2020|
|113 – MA English||09 September 2020|
|118 – MA Criminology||12 September 2020|
|119 – M.Sc Forensic Sciences||09 September 2020|
|120 – M.Ed||10 September 2020|
|123 – M.Sc Biodiversity and Conservation||11 September 2020|
Master in Conservation, Preservation and Heritage Management
Master in Archaeology and Heritage Management
|10 September 2020|
|145 – M.Sc (Natural Resource Management)||10 September 2020|
|162 – MA Economics||12 September 2020|
|163 – MCA LE||12 September 2020|
|198 – M.Sc Nursing||09 September 2020|
|187 – M.Sc Yoga||13 September 2020|
|405 – M.Sc. Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Design||11 September 2020|
|175 – Advance Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling||09 September 2020|
|177 – PG Diploma in Security Management||10 September 2020|
|178 – PG Diploma in Victimology and Victim Assistance||10 September 2020|
|179 – PG Diploma in Cyber Crime and Law||13 September 2020|
|128 – B.Tech LE for Diploma holders||12 September 2020|
|129 – B.Tech LE for Diploma holders B.Sc. Graduates||10 September 2020|
|130 – B.Tech. (Bio-Technology)||09 September 2020|
|114 – Bachelor of Computer Applications||11 September 2020|
|115 – B.Sc Nursing (Only for Unmarried Female Candidates)||11 September 2020|
|122 – B.Ed||10 September 2020|
|124 – Paramedical (BPT/BPO/B.Sc (MLT)/BASLP/BOT)||09 September 2020|
|125 – BBA & Allied Programmes||14 September 2020|
|126 – BA Journalism and Mass comm||13 September 2020|
|127 – Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology||12 September 2020|
|146 – Bachelor of Commerce (Hons)||11 September 2020|
|159 – Bachelor of Education (Special Education)||12 September 2020|
|184 – BA English||10 September 2020|
|197 – BA Economics||09 September 2020|
|117 – B.Sc (Yoga)||12 September 2020|
|188 – B.Sc. in Nursing (Post Basic)||10 September 2020|
|133 – B. Pharma||12 September 2020|
|161 – M.Phil. (English)||13 September 2020|
|157 – M.Phil. (Clinical Psychology)||09 September 2020|
|199 – M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work)||12 September 2020|
|311 – Ph.D CET 2020||28 August 2020|
Download IPU CET 2020 Schedule Pdf
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
- IPU Common Entrance Test hall ticket will be available through online mode only.
- The candidates need to, first of all, go the website of the university and then enter user ID and password to download their admit card.
- Need to attach their passport size photograph in the space provided, after downloading their admission ticket.
- Candidates are advised to keep their admit card safely as it will be required for further admission procedure during the counselling round.
- Candidates also need to carry any photo ID proof along with the admit card on the exam date.
- The University will not consider any request for issuing the duplicate admit card.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates must be completely aware of the IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern so that they have an idea of the question paper format. The CET paper pattern for various courses is provided in this section hereby:
IPU CET Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
- 150 minutes (two and a half hours) for B.Tech
- 180 minutes (three hours) for other courses
+4 for the correct answer and -1 for the wrong answer
The exam pattern is same as last year as there are no changes introduced by the authority yet.
IPU CET 2020 Syllabus
The IPU CET 2020 Syllabus will vary according to the programs for which the candidates have applied. The syllabus for UG courses will include topics from 10+2 and syllabus of PG courses consists of topics from graduation level.
For B.Tech (Biotechnology) Programme:
- Mathematics and
- Biology (Botany and Zoology) of 12th level.
For MBA Programme:
- English Language & Comprehension,
- Numerical Ability,
- General Awareness and
- Reasoning ability including data.
NOTE: The candidates can check the further detailed syllabus from the Information Brochure provided on the website of the University.
IPU CET 2020 Preparation Tips
IPU CET 2020 Preparation Tips given below will help the candidates to prepare well and fetch good marks in the exam. Following are the preparation tips:
- The candidates should make their time table and make sure that they follow it.
- Candidates should refer to the reliable sources for studying and need to follow the books of renowned authors while preparing for the entrance exam.
- Applicants must solve all the sample papers and question papers of the previous year so that they get an idea of the difficulty level of the questions asked in IPU CET exam 2020.
- Also, the candidates must be regular in their revision.
- Must take a balanced diet and have proper rest to maintain their health.
- They can also do yoga or meditation daily to manage their stress level.
IPU CET 2020 Result
The candidates can find the details related to IPU CET 2020 Result in this section below. The Result will be declared on different dates for every course.
- The candidates need to enter their login credentials to see their result.
- Candidates will be able to download their scorecard through online mode only.
- Applicants having any doubt regarding their result can view their OMR sheet by paying a certain amount of fee.
IPU CET 2020 Cut Off
The IPU CET 2020 Cut Off will be released for All India level, Delhi and Outside Delhi candidates. Check further information in the below-given section:
- The cut off which the university will be preparing will depend on many factors: Test difficulty level, Marking Scheme, Total number of candidates who appeared for the exam and the cut off of the previous year.
- The candidates need to score the cut off marks to qualify for the counselling round.
IPU CET 2020 Counselling
The details about the IPU CET 2020 Counselling round are provided below. Candidates need to take out a print out of the provisional allotment letter and attend the counselling process after the result declaration.
- IPU Common Entrance Test Counselling 2020 will be conducted in two procedures- Offline and Online mode.
- Candidates need to visit the venue allowed venue individually, pay the counselling fee, get their documents verified and hence book their seats.
- The counselling round will be conducted for various medical and PGMC programmes.
Download IPU CET 2020 B.Tech Counselling Pdf
IPU CET 2020 Application Form
- Application form for various courses ha been released & the last date to apply is 31 July 2020.
- The application process will consist of the following steps:
- Filling the details in the application form,
- Uploading the Signature and Photograph (scanned images),
- Filling the details regarding academic qualification,
- Selecting the course and
- Paying the Application Fee.
- Applicants need to fill all the details very carefully as they will not be allowed to make any corrections after the submission of the form. However, in case of any mistakes in the details candidates have the option of submitting a physical form by paying a certain amount of fee.
- The application form can be filled through online mode only.
- Separate application form should be filled by the candidates, in case they wish to apply for more than one course.
IPU CET 2020 Application Fee
Candidate can check all the important points for IPU CET application 2020 fee in the given list below:
- The candidates need to submit an amount of Rs.1200/- as IPU Common Entrance Test 2020 Application Fee.
- Payment Mode: The candidates can make the payment through online mode via Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card.
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to know all the important details regarding IPU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria before they proceed for filling the application form. The details about the eligibility criteria are provided below:
Nationality: The applicants must have Indian citizenship.
- UG Courses: The candidates need to have the age between 18 to 21 years.
- PG Courses: Applicants need to have age between 21 to 35 years.
- Bachelor of Vocation: Must have age below 45 years.
For B.Tech (Biotechnology):
- The candidates must clear their 12th standard exam with at least 55% score in PCM with biology/bio-technology in each subject as well as in English.
For M.Tech (Tool Engineering):
- The candidates must have a B.tech/B.E. degree in tool engineering/Mechanical/Mechanical and Automation/Production/Production and Industrial engineering or its equivalent with at least 60% marks.
For MBA Programme:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or any other discipline OR
- The candidates need to have cleared the final exam of ICWAI / ICSI/ ICAI.
- Applicants must have secured 55% marks in the qualifying examination.
IPU CET 2020 Reservation
Given below the category-wise reservation of IPU CET 2020 seats:
|Category||% of Seats|
|Candidates of Delhi||85|
|Candidates of other States||15|
|SC/ST widows Or PWD||5|
IPU CET 2020 Highlights
Check the basic information about the IPU Common Entrance Test given below:
IPU CET 2020
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
B.Tech, BBA, BCA, LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA
IPU CET Official website
To offer admission into B.Tech, BBA, BCA, LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA & various other courses in the GGSIPU and various affiliated colleges.
Stay connected for more updates regarding IPU CET 2020
About Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, formerly known as Indraprastha University, is a public state university situated in Delhi, India. It was established by the Government of Delhi in 1998 as a teaching-cum-affiliating university. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is recognized by University Grants Commission, under section 12B of the UGC Act.