JEXPO 2021 Exam date will be released soon. JEXPO examination will be organized by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education to offer admission in various polytechnic courses i.e. engineering, pharmacy, architecture. Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic is a state-level entrance exam conducted once a year under the supervision of WBSCTE. It is a state-level polytechnic examination which is conducted every year. Through this exam, candidates can get admission to various government and private colleges/institutes. In this article, we have provided complete details about JEXPO 2021 including exam dates, application form, eligibility, etc.
- JEXPO 2021 Application Form will start from 25 March 2021 last up to 14 June 2021.
- The conducting authority has announced the exam date. JEXPO 2021 is going to be held on 18 July 2021.
JEXPO 2021 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details of the JEXPO 2021 Registration from the article below:
- JEXPO 2021 application form will be released by WBSCTE through online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can purchase an offline application form from the government-sponsored and self-financed polytechnic affiliated with WBSCTE.
- The complete on-line application method contains – Registration method, filling the appliance, uploading of pictures, and fee payment.
- Candidates can submit their OMR application form till the second week of March and JEXPO 2021 Application Form date by 14 June 2021.
- Take a printout of the online filled application form and keep it secure.
JEXPO 2021 Application fee
The JEXPO 2021 Registration Fee details can be checked below:
- Offline/OMR Application Fee – Rs 500/- (Rs.250/- for Kanyashree enrollees)
- Online Application Fee – Rs 450/- (Rs.225/- for Kanyashree enrollees)
JEXPO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, the applicants must check the JEXPO 2021 eligibility listed below. The candidates can also check the JEXPO 2021 Eligibility from the official website.
- Only Indian candidates will be eligible for the JEXPO 2021 examination.
- Candidate must have passed class 10th with a minimum of 35% percentage marks without adding the marks of any additional subject.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics, Physical Science (Science subjects such as Physics and Chemistry), and English as mandatory subjects
- The candidate should not be born after 01 July 2006.
- There will be no upper age limit.
JEXPO 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates have to check below, the whole test pattern of JEXPO 2021:
Exam Mode: JEXPO 2021 exam will be conducted in offline mode only.
Number of Papers: The exam consists of 2 papers. Paper I of the exam is Arithmetic Paper and Paper-II of the exam are Physics and Chemistry.
Kind of Questions: The entrance exam is a total of two hundred multiple selection questions (MCQs).
Time Duration: 120 Minutes
Total Marks: 100 Marks
Marking Scheme: The candidate will get One Mark for Each correct response.
JEXPO 2021 Paper Pattern
No. of questions
Physics & Chemistry
25 from Physics
25 from Chemistry
JEXPO 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of the JEXPO examination is based on the level of class 10th only. Candidates need to study Mathematics and Physical science to score the exam excellently. Here is the topic which must be prepared-
- Real numbers
- Laws of indices
- Co-ordinate geometry – distance formula
- Linear simultaneous equations
- Properties of parallelogram
- Transversal & mid-point theorem
- Profit & loss
- Area of the circular region
- Coordinate geometry
- Ratio and proportion
- Compound interest
- Theorems related to cyclic quadrilateral
- Trigonometric ratios and trigonometric identities
- Application of trigonometric ratios
- Statistics and numerical aptitude.
- Power & energy
- Force & motion
- Atomic structure
- Mole concept
- Bases & salts
- Separation of components of mixtures
- Ionic and covalent bonding
- Chemical calculations
- Thermal phenomena
- Current electricity
- Electricity and chemical reactions
- Behaviour of gases
- Inorganic chemistry in the laboratory and industry
- Periodic table and periodicity of the properties of elements
- Atomic nucleus
- Organic chemistry and general awareness etc.
JEXPO 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates must follow the given below preparation tips to score good marks within the JEXPO 2021 entrance exam:
- Prepare a time table for the preparation of the entrance examination to score well.
- Go through the entire details of the syllabus, test pattern, and marking pattern so nothing is left behind.
- Solve numerous previous year sample papers.
- Attempt mock tests to know your preparation level for the examination.
- Note down all the details in one place and revise these notes regularly.
JEXPO 2021 Admit Card
JEXPO 2021 Admit Card will be released on the official website soon.
- Candidates will be getting the same by online mode through the web site.
- There is no other mode by which candidates can get Admit Card.
- The JEXPO admit card will be downloaded by the candidates by getting into their login credentials like application range Id and password.
- Candidates have to carry their admit card together with them on the exam day as well.
- Candidates got to carry their valid id proof with the admit card for identification and verification method.
- They must retain the xerox copy of the admit card until the admission process gets over.
JEXPO Result 2021
The authority will reveal WB JEXPO 2021 merit list
soon after the application process will be over. Candidates will have to check their merit position by online mode from the website. Candidates must be aware of the JEXPO opening and closing rank for the year 2020
. Jexpo rank cards will be provided to the chosen candidates several. Candidates selected within the merit list are ready to take part in the further counselling process. Candidates those who haven’t attended the test or have obtained ‘zero’ marks in any of the paper won’t be shortlisted for the merit list.
Important points under JEXPO Reservation
- There is no district quota in Institutes namely – Jnann Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, APC Roy Polytechnic, Central Calcutta Polytechnic, Birla Institute of Technology, and North Calcutta Polytechnic. Management quota seats in the self-financed polytechnics affiliated to the council are 25% of the approved intake.
- Out of the total number of seats in the branches of Printing Technology and Photography at the Regional Institute of Printing Technology, about 27 and 14 seats are reserved under AICTE norms.
JEXPO 2021 Counselling
JEXPO 2021 counselling process will begin within the first week of June 2021. Through the counselling process, candidates can get admission in various Polytechnics/Technological colleges and institutes. Complete information relating to counselling will have to be checked by the candidate from the official web site. During the counselling method, the process of document verification and seat allotment is to be done. Candidates have to show their essential documents for the counselling. Reserved class candidates should have shown their Caste Certificate throughout counselling. If in any case, the candidate fails to provide any of the specified documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected by the Council.
JEXPO 2021 Reservation Policy
WBSCTE reserves the following number of seats for various reserved category candidates in the West Bengal Polytechnic institutes. It is to be noted that the reservation policy is applicable for the domicile of West Bengal state only.
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW)||05%|
|District Quota (DQ)||20%|
|Female quota in DQ||25%|
|Land Loser Quota||02%|
List of Diploma Courses Offered
Candidate can start their polytechnic career in various fields depending on the JEXPO rank or scores. A list of Diploma courses a candidate can choose is given below:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architecture Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Technology
- Computer Software Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Industrial Control
- Electrical Power System
- Food Processing Technology
- Footwear Technology
- Geographic Information System (GIS) & Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Information Technology
- Leather Goods Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Multi-Media Technology
- Packaging Technology
- Printing Technology
- Renewable Energy
- Survey Engineering
JEXPO 2021 Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
The Technical Education, Training & Skill Development Department, Govt. of West Bengal, implements the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW) for the economically backward meritorious students of West Bengal. TFW scheme is not applicable for students outside West Bengal state. The scheme is being implemented in all AICTE approved Govt. and Govt. Sponsored Polytechnics as well as Self-financing polytechnics in the State. Under the TFW scheme, a maximum of up to 5% of the sanctioned seats is reserved under each course.
Who is Eligible for Tuition Fee Waiver?
Candidates who fulfil the following conditions are eligible to get an advantage under this scheme:
- Should be included in the merit list for JEXPO 2021.
- The Family annual income from all sources in the preceding financial year is less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs/.
- Must be a domicile of West Bengal.
From where to get the Annual family Income Certificate?
Candidates can get their annual family income certificate from the following listed competent authorities:
- An officer of the State of Govt in the Block Development Officer or Sub-divisional officer or additional district magistrate of the state/ central govt. of similar rank or above in the rural region.
- Executive Officer of municipality/assistant commissioner or above in Commissionerate of State or Central govt. of similar rank or above in the urban region.
JEXPO 2021 Test Centres
The candidates can check the Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic exam centres below in the given list:
- Kolkata-North, South, Central
- South 24/North Parganas
- Purba Bardhaman
- Paschim Bardhaman
- Purba Medinipur
- Paschim Medinipur
- Uttar Dinajpur
- Dakshin Dinajpur
JEXPO 2021 Highlights
Aspirants can check JEXPO basic information 2021 below in the given table:
JEXPO 2021 Basic Information
Name of the exam
JEXPO 2021-Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic 2021
West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Department of Government of West Bengal
Mode of JEXPO 2021 Exam
Offline (Pen-Paper Based Test)
The medium of JEXPO 2021 Exam
JEXPO Official website
Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering
West Bengal State Council of Technical Education
The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) is the statutory body and a state-level council for technical education, under the Department of Technical Education & Training (West Bengal), Ministry of Technical Education& Training.
Apart from the 86 Polytechnics in the state of West Bengal, India, the Polytechnic Institute at Narsingarh in the state of Tripura, India is also affiliated to the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. The Council has also been entrusted with the responsibilities for the conduct of Short Term Vocational Training Programme in different centers and affiliate institutes offering Vocational Courses under the supervision of West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training. The Polytechnics offers 3-year Diploma courses in Engineering/Technology (Pharmacy - 2 years and Marine Engineering - 4 years) along with 1½ year Post Diploma Courses and 4 year Part-time Evening Diploma Courses. Admission to all Polytechnics is conducted through the Joint Entrance Exam.