KIITEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates to appear for the exam. KIIT Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria is released by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar. The exam is organised every year to offer admission into various UG and PG courses offered by the University. Admissions in all the courses except MBBS, BDS, PG Medical & PG Dental will be done through KIITEE 2020 only. The KIITEE eligibility criteria 2022 differs for every subject. Candidates can check the course wise eligibility criteria for KIITEE 2022 from the below-given article.
KIITEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
KIITEE 2022 Eligibility varies as per the UG courses chosen by the candidates. The eligibility criteria for various undergraduate courses is given below in detail:
- Age Criteria: Candidates should have born on or after 01 July 2000 for the admission in all the UG courses except B.Tech (Lateral Entry), B.A.LL.B/BBA LL.B/B.Sc LL.B(5 years).
For B.Tech (4 Years)
- Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination in 2018 or 2019 in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 60% marks.
- Applicants should have studied in regular full-time formal education in their schooling/college.
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 examination in 2020 are also eligible to apply for the exam.
For B.Tech & M.Tech.(Dual Degree) Biotechnology (5 Years)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
For B.Tech.-LE (3 years)
- Candidates should have born on or after 01 July 1997.
- Must have passed 3 years diploma course in Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks from State Council of Technical Education of any state.
Courses-wise eligibility criteria of Bachelor of Technology (Lateral Entry) is given below:
KIITEE Eligibility for B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
|For Admission into Following Branches||Eligible Diploma Holders|
|Civil Engg.||Civil Engg|
|Mechanical Engg.||Mechanical Engg /Automobile Engg/Production Engg/Mechatronics.|
|Electrical Engg.||Electrical Engg./ Electronics & Electrical Engg|
|Electronics & Electrical Engg.||Electrical Engg./Electronics & Electrical Engg./ Electronics &Telecomm./ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.|
|Electronics & Telecomm.Engg.||Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Communication Engg./ Electronics & Telecomm Engg/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Electrical Engg.|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||Electronics Engg./Electronics & Communication Engg./ Electronics & Telecomm Engg/ Electronics & instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Electrical Engg.|
|Computer Science & Engg.||Computer science/Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommuncation Engg./ Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.|
|Information Technology||Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommuncation Engg./ Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.|
For B.Sc. Nursing (4 years)
- Age Limit: The minimum age of candidates should be of 17 years and the upper age limit should be maximum 35 years as on 31 December 2020.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with at least 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology and English (PCBE).
For B.A.LL.B/BBA LL.B/B.Sc LL.B(5 years)
- Candidates should not have completed 21 years of age as on 01 July 2020.
- Must have passed 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% marks in any stream.
- For B.Sc. LL.B, candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination in the science stream with 45% marks in aggregate.
- Should have passed 12th standard in any stream with Mathematics/Business Mathematics/Economics/Statistics as one of the subjects and have score at least 50% marks.
For B.Sc (Computer Science)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with science stream having Mathematics as one of the subjects and score a minimum of 50% marks.
For Bachelor of Design (Fashion/Textile) (4 years) and Bachelor of Film & Television Production (3 years)
- Should have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent with 50% marks from a recognized Central/State Board.
Master of Mass Communication (Integrated)
- Candidates should hold a graduate degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
For BA in Economics (Hons), BA in Sociology (Hons) and BA in English (Hons)
- Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized Central/State Board with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination in any stream with 50% marks and having Mathematics/Business Mathematics & Statistics as one of the subjects.
A candidate who has passed IB (International Business) Diploma from International Baccalaureate Organization, Geneva, Switzerland are eligible to take admission in all the courses where 10+2 is the eligibility qualification. Other criteria of the eligibility remain as applicable.
KIITEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
The eligibility criteria for postgraduate courses are given below:
For MCA (3 years)
- Should have born on or after 01 July 1997.
- Candidates should hold a graduate degree or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks having mathematics either in 10+2 or graduation level-as one of the subject.
For MCA (Lateral Entry)(2 years)
- Candidates should have born on or after 01 July 1996.
- Applicants who have passed or appearing in Bachelor's degree examination of minimum three years duration in BCA, B.Sc(IT/Computer Science) from any university or from a recognized university as defined by UGC.
For M.Tech. (2 years)
- Must have B.E. or B.Tech. or equivalent Degree (e.g. AMIE, GRADE-IETE etc) in respective branches of Engineering and Technology with a First Class or equivalent CGPA or First Class MCA/First Class M.Sc. in (Comp/IT/ETC).
- Also, the candidates who have scored 400 or above in GATE examination can also apply for the admission and did not need to sit in the Entrance Examination.
Courses-wise eligibility criteria for Master of Technology (M.Tech) is given below:
KIITEE Eligibility for M.Tech
|Electrical: Power Electronics & Drives/Power Energy & System/Power System Engineering||First class B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Electrical, Electronics & Electrical , Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Tele-Comm., Electronics & Instrumentation & Electronics & Communication.|
|Computer Science & Engineering||First Class B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics & Electrical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Tele-Comm., Electronics & Instrumentation or First Class in MCA or First Class in M.Sc. Comp.Sc./ Information Technology.|
|Computer Science & Information Security|| First Class B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or First Class in MCA or First Class in M.Sc. Comp.Sc./ Information Technology.|
|Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering||Communication Engineering/ VLSI Design & Embedded System/ VLSI Design & Embedded System / RF & Microwave :- First Class B.E./ B.Tech., or equivalent in Electronics & Tele-Comm., Electronics & Instrumentation, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Electrical or First Class in M.Sc. ( Electronics).|
|Mechanical – Manufacturing Process & Systems/Thermal Engineering|| First Class B.E. / B. Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical / Production Engineering.|
|Civil – Construction Engineering & Management/Structural Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering/Water Resources Engineering||First Class B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Civil Engineering|
M.Sc. (Biotechnology/Applied Microbiology) (2 years)
- Applicants should have born on or after 01 July 1996.
- Must have passed a Graduation examination in any branch of Science/Agriculture/Pharmacy/Veterinary/Engineering/Technology/Medicine (MBBS/BDS) and score a minimum of 55% marks.
- Passed B.A.LLB/BBA LLB/B.Sc.LLB/B.L, degree or its equivalent degree from a recognized university and must have secured at least 55% of marks in aggregate.
- Applicants should be a registered Nurse or Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- Also, have undergone B.Sc.Nursing/B.Sc.Hons.Nursing.PostBasic.
- Candidates should have a work experience of at least one year after Basic B.Sc Nursing.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
- Candidates should have passed B.Sc.Nursing/B.Sc.Hons.Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- 5% relaxation in marks will be provided to the candidates who belong to SC/ST category.
For M.Sc in Computer Science
- Candidates must have B.Sc degree in Computer Science/ IT /Mathematics/Electronics/Physics/Chemistry/BCA and secured a minimum 50% aggregate marks.
For MA in Economics
- The candidate must have passed in Graduation or equivalent with at least 50% mark with one subject as Economics/Maths/Statistics.
For MA in English and MA in Sociology
- Candidates must have secure at least 50% marks in graduation level examination.