NEST 2023 Syllabus consists of five sections - General Ability, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology. NEST syllabus includes topics and units based on which the paper for the entrance test will be set. Candidates must go through the syllabus and familiarize themselves with the syllabus so that they know what are the subjects and topics they need to cover. In this article, we have given the details about the NEST 2023 exam syllabus and important topics for the exam. However, the applicants must refer to the latest updated syllabus before preparing for the exam. The exam is scheduled to be held on June 24, 2023.
NEST 2023 Syllabus
The NEST 2023 Syllabus covers various subjects and topics that are important for the entrance examination. The syllabus is designed to assess the candidate's knowledge in the areas of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
The collaborating conducting body- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and the University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai has not prescribed any syllabus for General section. The aim of the NEST 2023 exam is to check the candidate's aptitude for a career in science. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus for every section from below:
NEST Syllabus 2023 – Biology
Given below are the syllabus for the Biology section in NEST 2023:
- Cell Biology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Humans and Environment
- Biology of Plant systems
- Biology of Animal systems
- Digestive System
- Circulatory System
- Excretory System
- Nervous System
- Reproductive System
- Developmental Biology
- Biology of Plant systems
NEST Syllabus 2023 – Chemistry
Given below are the topics from which questions are asked in the Chemistry section of NEST 2023.
NEST Physical Chemistry Syllabus
- Measurements in chemistry
- Mole concept
- Gaseous and liquid states
- Atomic structure and chemical bonding
- Thermodynamics – Thermodynamic states
- Chemical equilibrium
- Chemical kinetics
NEST Surface Chemistry Syllabus
- Colloidal state
NEST Inorganic Chemistry Syllabus
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- s– Block elements
- p– Block elements
- d–Block elements
- f–Block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Metals and metallurgy
- Basic concepts
- Reactive intermediates
- Alkenes and Alkynes
- Aromatic compounds
- Haloalkanes (Alkyl halides)
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic acids
- Amino acids and proteins
NEST Syllabus 2023 – Mathematics
Given below are the topics from which questions are generally asked in the Mathematics section of NEST 2023.
- Logarithms and their properties.
- Analytical geometry
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
NEST Syllabus 2023 – Physics
Given below are the topics from which questions are mostly asked in the Physics section of NEST 2023.
- Sound and mechanical waves
- Thermal physics
- Electricity and magnetism
- Modern physic
NEST Syllabus 2023 – General Ability
Candidates can go through the following points to know the syllabus for General section of NEST 2023 exam. NEST exam pattern indicates that 10 Questions are generally asked from this section.
- There is no specific syllabus set for the General section by the authority.
- Questions are generally to test the candidate’s knowledge in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, computer science and environmental studies.
- Questions can be designed to test the knowledge of test-takers in mathematics up to class 10 syllabus and application capabilities of the same to simple problems.
- Some questions in the general section are designed to check the candidate’s general ability on the behalf of qualitative and quantitative aspects of a given scientific passage. This is done through the passage on some scientific topic and questions based on the concepts.
- Some questions aim to find whether the candidates can interpret graphical and/or tabular representation of information.
Candidates must choose some standard NEST preparation books for covering the above syllabus topics.
How to Prepare for NEST 2023 Syllabus?
Candidates are advised to follow the given below points in order to cover the syllabus of NEST 2023 exam.
Candidates must cover the complete syllabus of NEST 2023 as per the exam pattern to know the important subjects and topics.
Try to study as per the timetable where an equal amount of time should be given to each subject.
Try to make notes of the topics while studying. As this plays a very important role during the time of revision.
It must be noted that NEST 2023 merit list will be designed on the basis of the best three subjects sections along with the general section.