NEST 2023 Exam Pattern will be released by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and the University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. The candidates must check the Exam Scheme to obtain good score in the exam. The exam is organised to train candidates for scientific programs of the Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. The exam is conducted at the National level. The candidates can check the other information for NEST exam pattern below in the article.
- The NEST 2023 Exam Pattern includes details about the marking scheme, sections, and duration of the exam. It is a computer-based test conducted in two sections: Section 1 and Section 2.
- Section 1 consists of multiple-choice questions from the subjects of biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics. Each correct answer carries one mark, and there is negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Section 2 is the general section that tests the candidates' comprehension, analytical, and quantitative skills. This section does not have any negative marking.
- The total duration of the exam is three hours. Section 1 is further divided into four sections, and the candidates have the freedom to attempt any or all of the sections within the given time limit.
- It is important for candidates to familiarize themselves with the NEST 2023 Exam Pattern to understand the structure of the exam and prepare accordingly.
- The exam is scheduled to be held on June 24, 2023.
NEST 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must have all the relevant information related to the NEST 2023 exam pattern so that they are well aware of the structure of the question paper. This will help them to score good marks and hence qualify the NEST. The Exam Pattern for NEST 2023 is provided in detail in this section hereby:
- Exam Mode - Online in the CBT mode
- Exam Medium - English
- Duration of Exam - 180 MInutes
- Questions Type - Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)
- Sections - 5 sections
- Total Marks - 230 Marks
- Marking Scheme - There will no negative marking in the General Section and in Section 2 - Negative marking will be done.
NEST 2023 Section Wise division of Marks
|Section 1 - General Section
Answering Questions of NEST 2023
The candidates should check the details of marking the answer for NEST:
- It is in the interest of the candidate to attempt all sections of NEST.
- As the merit list for both the institutes is prepared with best 3 scores of the subject sections (in addition to the general section), and the section with the worst score is omitted. Thus attempting all sections will increase their chances of a better total score.
- Some questions may have one or more correct answers for which marks can only be earned by marking all correct answers.