NEST 2020 Exam Pattern has been released on its official website by National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. The candidates must check the Exam Scheme to fetch good score in the exam. The exam is organised to train candidates for scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. Exam is conducted at the National level. The candidates can check the other information for NEST exam pattern below in the article.
NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must have all the relevant information related to the NEST 2020 exam pattern so that they are well aware of the structure of the question paper. This will help them to score good marks and hence qualify the NSET. The Exam Pattern for NEST 2020 is provided in detail in this section hereby:
- Exam Mode - Online in the CBT mode
- Exam Mdeium - English
- Duration of Exam - 180 MInutes
- Questions Type - Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)
- Sections - 5 sections
- Total Marks - 230 Marks
- Marking Scheme - There will no Negative marking in the General Section and in Section 2 - Negative marking will be done.
NEST 2020 Section Wise division of Marks
|Sections ||Marks Dstribution|
|Section 1 - General Section||30|
|Section 2 |
Answering Questions of NEST 2020
The candidates should check the details of marking the answer for NEST:
- It is in the interest of the candidate to attempt all sections of NEST.
- As the merit list for both the institutes is prepared with best 3 scores of the subject sections (in addition to the general section), and section with the worst score is omitted. Thus attempting all sections will increase their chances of a better total score.
- Some questions may have one or more correct answers for which marks can only be earned by marking all correct answers.