NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria is set by the exam conducting authority - NISER & UM-DAE CEBS. National Entrance Screening Test is a national level exam which is organised once a year. NEST 2020 will be held on 06 June 2020 and online (CBT mode). Before applying for the exam the applicants must check their eligibility for the exam. To know the eligibility criteria candidates can go through the complete article below:
NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information about NEST 2020 Eligibility is provided in this section. The candidates must carefully go through the article to get the necessary information about the eligibility for NEST 2020. The application will be rejected if the candidate does not match the eligibility criteria.
- The candidates must have qualified class XI & XII from a recognised board.
- Appearing candidates must have regular science stream in Biology, Chemistry, Maths & Physics.
- Candidates must have passed class XII examination or equivalent from any recognised Board in India in the years 2018 or 2019 or be appearing for the same in 2020.
- Appearing applicants for Boards examination in 2020 must pass it by the time of admission into the program.
- Minimum of aggregate 60% marks for General & OBC (55% marks for SC/ST/PWD) is required in calss XII exam to appear in the entrance examination.
- The candidates born on or after 01 August 2000 (for General & OBC ) are eligibile.
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates there is age relaxation by 5 years.
NEST 2020 Category Reservations
The Indian Nationals belonging to certain categories gets reservations of the seats for the exams according to the rules of Indian Government. The applicants can check below to know the reservation percentage of their caste category for the NEST 2020 exam:
- Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non–Creamy Layer (OBC–NCL)- 27% of the seats are reserved for the OBC-NCL. The candidates belonging to the Creamy layer will be treated as of Genearl Category, hence will not gat any reservation.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST)- 15% of seats are reserved for the SC applicants & 7.5% of seats are reserved for the ST category candidates for NEST 2020 exam.
- Person with Disabilities (PwD)- The competent authority has reserved 5% of seats for the PWD candidates of all the caste categories. The benefit will be given to those who have at least 40% impairment irrespective of the type of disability.
- Supernumerary Quota for students from Jammu and Kashmir (JK)- Two seats in both the institutions are reserved for the J&K candidates. The J&K candidates are eligibilie for the seat quota only when he/she has qualified the XII examination from State Board of Jammu & Kashmir and from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliated schools located in Jammu & Kashmir.
Number of Seats at NISER and CEBS for NEST 2020 exam
The candidates can check the number of students intake for National Entrance Screening Test in both the institutes in the below table:
Number of Seats for NEST 2020 Exam
|PWD||5% seats in each category ||5% seats in each category |
|Supernumerary quota (J&K) ||02||02|
|Total Proposed Intake||47||202|