NEST 2023 Cutoff will be released after the declaration of the result. NEST 2023 Result will be announced on July 10, 2023. The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and the University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai will conduct the exam together. It is a national level entrance exam conducted every year to offer admission into 5 years of Integrated M.Sc programs in Biological, Mathematical, Chemical, and Physical sciences. Applicants need to score valid marks in SMAS and MAP to get merit rank. Candidates must go through the below article which contains all the essential information regarding the National Entrance Screening Test 2023 Cutoff.
NEST 2023 previous year cutoff
The NEST 2023 previous year cutoff is as follows:
The NEST 2023 cutoff is subject to change and will be announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in due course.
NEST 2023 Cutoff
Candidates can all important dates related NEST 2023 cutoff given below:
|NEST Exam Date||June 24, 2023|
|Result Announced ||July 10, 2023|
|Cutoff Release||July 2023|
NEST 2023 Cutoff
Given below are some information regarding the NEST cutoff 2023:
- There are 30 marks for the General section and, 50 marks each for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
- NEST exam is a total of 180 marks including general section and subjects.
- Each section SMAS and MAP is different for NISER and CEBS.
- For NISER, candidates should score equal to and above MAP and in SMAS in General section and all four sections to secure a rank in the merit list.
- For CEBS, candidates should score equal to and above MAP and in SMAS in the General section and any three of the subject sections to secure a rank in the merit list.
Section-wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS):
- The total score will be the sum of the best three subjects.
- In each section, 20% of the average of the best scores will be considered as Section-wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS).
- SMAS is different for each section.
- SMAS for those who belong to OBC would be 90% of SMAS for general category candidates.
- SMAS for SC/ST/Divyangjan candidates would be 50% of SMAS for the general category.
Minimum Admissible Percentile (MAP) or Overal Cutoff:
- To get merit rank candidates are required to score equal to or above the total MAP.
- If candidates score less than MAP, they would not be allotted any merit rank and also not eligible for admission. Even if they get SMAS in all sections.
Given below are the MAP for different category:
Factor Affecting NEST Cutoff 2023
Candidates check the below factors that affect NEST 2023 Cutoff:
NEST 2023 Previous Year Cutoff
Applicants must look at the given detail of category wise NEST previous year cutoff:
NISER Bhubaneswar Cut Off
Given below are category wise cutoff for NISER Bhubaneswar:
UM-DAE CEBS Mumbai Cutoff
Given below are category wise cutoff for UM DAE CEBS Mumbai: