NID DAT 2020 Exam Pattern: NID Design Aptitude Test is a national level exam which is conducted by the National Institute of Design. Through NID DAT 2020, candidates will get admission into B.Des, GDPD and M.Des courses offered by the NID institutes. Candidates should check the question paper structure for each course from the article given below. The Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be conducted in two stages:
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Mains
NID DAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Design Aptitude Test organised by the NID for the admission into Bachelor of Design (B.Des), Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD) and Master of Design (M.Des) courses. So, the NID DAT 2020 exam pattern for each course is different. Even the paper pattern/structure for DAT Prelims and DAT Mains is also varied. Therefore, candidates can go through the below-given information carefully to understand the NID DAT paper pattern clearly.
NID DAT Prelims Exam Pattern
Firstly, Preliminary examination of Design Aptitude Test 2020 will be conducted for B.Des/GDPD and M.Des courses. And the complete structure of Prelims examination for all the courses is given hereby:
The NID DAT 2020 exam pattern of B.Desh/GDPD course for Prelims examination is given below in detail:
- Mode of Examination: Prelims exam will be conducted in offline mode (paper-and-pencil/pen test).
- Exam Duration: Time allotted for the exam is 180 minutes (three hours).
- Medium: The question paper will be in English language only.
- Questions Type: Questions asked in the exam will involve test and visuals.
- Total Marks: NID DAT prelims exam for B.Des and GDPD will be of total 100 marks.
The NID DAT question paper structure of the Master of Design (M.Des) course for Prelims examination is given hereby:
- Medium: Question paper will be asked in English language only.
- Sections: M.Des DAT prelims paper will comprise of a Common Design Aptitude Test and a Discipline-Specific Test.
- Type of Questions: Both objective (MCQs) and subjective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Applying for only one discipline of M.Des Programme: Candidates who are applying in one discipline only will have to appear in DAT Prelims comprising of the CDAT (Common Design Aptitude Test) and discipline-specific test of the discipline selected by them. Therefore, the total duration of the DAT Prelim will be 150 minutes (two and a half hours).
- Applying for two disciplines of M.Des. Programme: Candidates are required to appear in DAT Prelims comprising of the CDAT (Common Design Aptitude Test) and TWO discipline-specific tests selected by them. The total duration of the DAT Prelim will be 4.5 hrs. (30 minutes for CDAT and 60 minutes each for both the discipline-specific test).
NID DAT Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who will be shortlisted based on DAT prelims score will only be eligible to appear for Design Aptitude Test Mains exam. The paper pattern of DAT Mains for all the courses is given below in detail:
The DAT Mains will consist of the test in multiple formats such as a studio set-up. However, the test will be conducted over a period of 3 days. Check details below:
- Medium: Questions will be asked in English language only.
- Total Marks: DAT Mains test will be of total 100 marks.
Only shortlisted candidates based on M.Des DAT prelims score will be eligible to appear for Mains exam. The Design Aptitude Test Main for M.Des (Master of Design) will consist of two parts:
- The time duration of the test will be 180 minutes (three hours).
- The medium of the question paper will be English only.
- Total marks of Studio Test will be 100.
- Immediately after the studio test, interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline at the same test centres.
NID DAT 2020 Eligibility for appearing in DAT Mains
Check the details below:
- Candidates must be notified that the separate merit list will be prepared based on the DAT Prelims score (B.Des/GDPD and M.Des) for each category applied for by the candidates.
- Only those candidates who will be shortlisted based on DAT prelims score will be eligible to sit for the NID DAT 2020 Mains examination.
- For the overseas candidates also a separate merit list will be prepared.