NID DAT Prelims Result has been released on 02 March 2020 for the M.Des course and will release on 10 April 2020 for B.Des/GDPD course. National Institute of Design conducts NID Design Aptitude Test every year to provide admission into Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. The exam is conducted in two phases- Prelims and Mains. The scorecard will be declared in online mode only. NID DAT Prelims was conducted on 29 December 2019. Candidates can check information about NID Result 2020 in the article given below-
- NID DAT 2020 for M.Des Mains studio and interviews have been postponed and the new dates will be announced around 10 April 2020.
- DAT Prelims Result for B.Des./GDPD will be announced on 10 April 2002 due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- NID DAT Result for M.Des Prelims has been announced on the 02 March 2020 on the official website.
NID DAT Result Important Dates
Check the NID 2020 result dates below in the given table:
NID 2020 Result Dates
|NID DAT Prelims Test Date||29 December 2019||29 December 2019|
|NID DAT Prelims Result Date||10 April 2020||02 March 2020|
|NID DAT Mains Test Date||29 April- 03 May 2020||To be announced|
|NID DAT Mains Result Date||28 May 2020||28 May 2020|
NID DAT 2020 Result for Prelims
Candidates will be able to download DAT Prelims scorecard from the official website.
- A separate merit list shall be prepared for each category( General, OBC, SC/ST & PWD).
- Results for admission to NID for the Academic Year 20-21 for the B.Des (including the overseas candidates) and GDPD programmes will be declared only on the official website.
- Separate result scorecard( digital or hardcopy) will not be sent to the candidates.
NID DAT 2020 Tie Breaking Rule-
In case the total scores of two or more candidates are the same, the following tie-breaking rule shall be used to award ranks:-
- Higher rank will be given to the candidate who obtains higher marks in Part B of the NID DAT Prelims exam.
- In case this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the one who has obtained higher marks in Part A- Prelims exam.
- If this still does not break the tie, then both the candidates will be given the same rank.
How to Check Result of NID DAT Prelims?
Candidates can go through the below-given guidelines to check and download their scorecard-
- Candidates need to visit the official website http://admissions.nid.edu/NIDA2020/Default.aspx
- Click on the direct link which says 'Result' on the page.
- Candidates then need to enter their registered Email Id, Date of Birth(DOB) and Verification code given in the box.
- Click on the 'submit button'.
- NID DAT 2020 Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can check the scorecard and qualifying status. The result can be downloaded and saved for future reference.
How to Re-check NID DAT Prelims exam?
Candidates also has the facility to place request of re-checking the answer booklet of the NID DAT Prelims. Candidates can check the following guidelines to understand the Re-checking process-
- Requests of Re-checking the answer booklets can be done online only on the official website http://admissions.nid.edu/
- Any other mode of request like an Email or Application letter will not be accepted by the Authority.
- Click on the link "Login to submit Rechecking request".
- Enter registered credentials like- Email Id, Date of Birth and Verification Code.
- Press on the 'Submit button'.
- The request of the re-checking will be kept for consideration.
- Candidates must ensure that they submit the scanned copy of the admit card signed by the invigilator with the seal of the test centre. Any requests without the requisite documents shall not be entertained.
- The fees for re-checking DAT Prelims paper is Rs. 2000/- each.
Important Instructions to be kept in mind while re-checking:
Below are some of the important instructions candidates must keep in mind while requesting for Re-checking Process-
- Rechecking will be restricted to the following conditions only-
a. All the answers have been marked or examined.
b. If any mistake is found in the totalling of marks in part 2 of answer booklet
c. Transferring the marks correctly onto the cover page of the answer booklet.
- No other re-evaluation of the answer sheet or other work as part of the examination shall be considered.
- On rechecking the answer booklets, if any mistake is found, the marks will be revised accordingly.
- The communication regarding revision of marks shall be sent to the candidates via email only.
- The revised score after re-checking will be considered final and no further communication regarding the revision shall be entertained.
Candidates shortlisted for NID DAT 2020 Mains
Candidates shortlisted for DAT Prelims shall be eligible to appear for DAT 2020 Main exam at one of the NID's campuses i.e. Ahmedabad, Bengaluru or Gandhinagar.
- On the basis of Merit list of DAT Prelims, qualifying candidates will get to appear for DAT Mains.
- The shortlisted candiadates shall not be less than three times the total candidates that apperared for NID Prelims(for each category)
- The Rank will be based on the Tie breaking Rule if in case two or more candidates get the same marks.
NID DAT Result 2020 Final Merit List
On the basis of the compiled markes obtained, a final merit list will be generated for selection of qualifying candidates for admission into Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses-
- The final merit list for B.Des, M.Des and GDPD programmes shall be generated on the basis of category.
- The Final merit list will consist of the sum total of weighted scores obtained by the candidate i.e DAT Prelims and DAT Mains.
- A seperate merit list will be prepared for overseas candidates.
The weightage of Prelims and Main examination score is provided in the table below-
|Course||DAT Prelims%||DAT Main%|
NID DAT 2020 Reservation of Seats:
The total number of seats for indian nationals are mentioned below in tabular form for both B.Des/ GDPD and M.Des programmes:
Category Wise Reservation of Seats: B.Des/GDPD
|Course||Institute||Total no of seats||GEN-EWS(%)||OBC-NCL(%)||SC(%)||ST(%)|
|GDPD||NID Andra Pradesh||75||8||20||11||6|
|GDPD||NID Madhya Pradesh||75||8||20||11||6|
The prescribed seats is defined as per the guidelines of Government of India
Category Wise Reservation of Seats: M.Des
|No. of seats in Disciplines||GEN-EWS(%)||OBC-NCL(%)||SC(%)||ST(%)|
Foreign Nationals applying under the overseas category are outside the scope of reservation of seats reserved for each category.