NID DAT 2023 Prelims exam will be conducted in January 2023. The exam is conducted in two stages which are DAT Preliminary examination and DAT Main examination. National Institute of Design is usually known as one of the best Design institutes all over India throwing competition at NIFT, FDDI, UID etc. which are also among the fine Design institutions. Their record of quality candidates and faculty cannot be challenged. To know more about NID Design Aptitude Test and NID admission, candidates can go through the given article.
NID declares BDes seat allotment result at admissions.nid.edu
- The National Institute of Design (NID) has declared the seat allotment result for the Bachelor of Design (BDes) program.
- Students can check their NID DAT 2023 BDes seat allotment result on the official website admissions.nid.edu.
- The last day to check the NID 2023 BDes seat allotment result is May 31.
- Students who have been allotted a seat need to complete the payment process by May 31 using the same link.
- The NID DAT 2023 counselling session for seat allotment has been conducted, and the results have been announced.
- Candidates can access their NID DAT result for seat allotment and the payment process on admissions.nid.edu.
- The NID DAT mains result was declared on May 19 at 4 pm.
- The NID entrance exam for the preliminary level was held on January 8, while the NID DAT mains exam for the BDes program took place on April 30.
- NID DAT refers to the National Institute of Design - Design Aptitude Test, which is taken by students interested in pursuing NID courses in various design disciplines such as industrial design, apparel design, communication design, textile design, and more.
NID DAT 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the NID Entrance exam 2023 status from the below table:
|NID 2023 exam date||To be Announced|
NID DAT 2023 Important Dates
NID DAT 2023 Important Dates are mentioned down in the table below:
NID DAT Exam Dates
NID DAT 2023 result
MDes: February 28, 2023
BDes: March 30, 2023
Rechecking Request for DAT prelims
MDes: February 28 to March 2, 2023
BDes: March 30 to April 1, 2023
Download admit card for NID DAT mains
MDes: March 9, 2023
BDes: April 14, 2023
NID 2023 exam date (mains)
MDes: March 20 to April 23, 2023
BDes: April 29 to 30, 2023
NID DAT 2023 mains result
MDes: May 16, 2023, at 4 pm
BDes: May 18, 2023
The window for submission of campus preference
May 18 to 19, 2023
Rechecking request for DAT mains 2023
M.Des: May 16 to 17, 2023
B.Des: May 18 to 19, 2023
Payment of token fees and uploading of documents
M.Des: May 16 to 19, 2023
B.Des: May 25 to 26, 2023
Provisional offer letter of NID admission
First week of June 2023
NID DAT 2023 Exam Pattern
NID 2023 Exam Pattern
according to various sections, subjects and time duration is mentioned in this section of the article, give it a read to know more about exam patterns and plan the exam accordingly:
NID 2023 Question Paper Pattern for Preliminary Examination
- The time duration of the M.Des DAT prelims paper is of two and a half hours (150 minutes)
- The total marks given to the whole exam is 100 marks.
- The exam comprises a Common design Aptitude Test and a Faculty-specific Domain Test.
- The faculty Domain consists of five faculty streams namely-
- Communication Design
- Industrial design
- Information Technology Integrated Programmes
- Inter-disciplinary design studies
- Textile, Apparel, Lifestyle and Accessory Design
- The DAT prelims paper comprises both objective and subjective questions.
- B.Des DAT prelims paper is a 180 minutes (3-hours) test.
- The total marks allotted to the exam is 100 which evaluates the Design aptitude of the candidate.
- The prelims for B.Des paper comprises both objective and subjective questions.
- The medium of the exam is English.
NID 2023 Question Paper Pattern for Mains Examination
The DAT Mains consists of two parts:
- Studio Test:
- The total mark allotted to the test is 100.
- The duration of the studio test will be of three hours
- The exam is conducted in English medium.
- The interview process takes place immediately after the Studio Test and interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline at the same centre.
- Studio Test:
- The test will be conducted for over three days.
- The medium of examination will be the English Language.
- The total marks allotted to the test is 100 marks.
NID DAT 2023 Syllabus
NID DAT 2023 Syllabus is mentioned below which can be followed by candidates and they can manage to prepare accordingly to get a rough idea of what all will be asked in the examination and score well:
- Creativity, Comprehension, Knowledge and Visualization, Drawing Skills, Memory Drawing, General Mental Ability etc.
- For Studio Test, topics are – 3D Modeling, Body Language, Observation Test, Portfolio Making, Creative Thinking, etc.
Questions would be asked from topics such as elements and principles of design, expression and emotion, colour terminology, memory drawing, inspiration & design development, mood, theme & colour inter-relationship, design theory, natural & geometrical form, innovation in design, lettering, optical illusion, ornaments & motifs, principles of composition, and usage of colour in compositions.
Candidates can download here NID DAT 2023 Information Bulletin of here:
NID DAT 2023 Preparation Tips
NID DAT 2023 Preparation tips are stated below for the candidates who wish to score well as well as keep their mental calmness maintained:
- Candidates must go through the examination syllabus.
- Candidates should look up practice sets and previous years question papers to get hold of a pattern if there is any.
- All the exams have important and frequently asked topics, learn those properly.
- Candidates must follow proper sleep schedules as it helps them to focus and concentrate for long study hours.
- Prepare for the interview and portfolio presentation round as it is one of the important aspects when it comes to getting admission to the National Institute of Design.
- Work on the presentation and communication skills as belonging to the design and creative fields has a lot to associate with a good presentation.
NID DAT 2023 Admit Card
NID DAT 2023 Admit Card will be available online on the official website, candidates who will be appearing for the examination are requested to download and print a copy of their admit cards as it is a mandatory document to be carried to the examination centre.
For NID DAT 2023 Hall Ticket, candidates must keep these things in mind regarding they're admit cards before they appear for the examination physically:
- Applicants are supposed to download their Admit cards from the official website as the Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any applicant.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination centre without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
- Must carry a government Photo ID proof in original for cross verification.
NID DAT 2023 Exam Centres
Candidates can check the NID DAT 2023 Exam Centres given below:
Test Centres for NID DAT 2023
|S.No||Courses||No. of Centres|
NID DAT 2023 examination will be going to be held in 38 cities.
NID DAT 2023 Result
NID DAT 2023 result would be first announced for preliminary examination for both M.Des and B.Des. After the announcement of the Preliminary examination, NID results would be announced for those who have appeared for the Mains examination. NID will declare the results for both M.Des and B.Des courses will be announced after the exams. The result announcement would be followed by the formation of a Merit List and candidates who made it to the merit list will be called for a Personal Interview and portfolio presentation based on their Counselling.
NID DAT 2023 Counselling
Candidates are requested to stay updated as official authorities will be communicating via email. After all the rounds and final Counselling, candidates will make their way into one of the most prestigious colleges of India in the domain of Designing.
Courses Offered through NID Design Aptitude Test 2023
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- GDPD at NID-Kurukshetra
- GDPD at NID-Vijayawada
- GDPD at NID-Bhopal
- GDPD at NID-Jorhat
Below are the cities where NIDs are located across India:
NID DAT 2023 Reservation Criteria
The official authority has levied the following reservation criteria for NID DAT 2023.
NID DAT 2023 Application Form
- The application form can be submitted via two modes - online mode and offline mode.
- Candidates have to go through the NID online registration process where they will put up their email, mobile number and personal details.
- Candidates were supposed to fill up correct information and fill the entire mandatory * marked fields in the application form.
- Next, they need to upload the required documents (scanned copies of original documents).
- The Last step will be the application fee payment.
Candidates can also submit the application form along with the application fee through Demand Draft (DD) and send it on the address below:
The Project Manager- CMS,
All India Management Association,
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 1100303, India.
NID DAT 2023 Application Fee
NID Application Fee is mentioned below category wise:
NID DAT 2023 Examination Fee
Rs. 3000/- (D-1) & Rs. 6000/- (D-2)
Rs. 1500/- (D-1) & Rs. 3000/- (D-2)
Rs. 5000/- (D-1) & Rs. 10000/- (D-2)
Mode of Payment: The Application fee can be submitted in two modes given below:
- Online mode: Candidates can make their fee payment Online via Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Offline mode: Candidates can pay their fee via offline mode through demand draft in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
NID DAT 2023 Application Form Correction
There is an opportunity for applicants to review and correct their information in the application will remain open for two days.
- Such areas including eligibility criteria, date of birth, category, email id, citizenship and the discipline applied cannot be edited/modified by the candidates.
- Application fees will not be refunded in case the application form is found ineligible for admissions after modifying the information in the application form.
- The Application form will be cancelled in case the applicants fail to provide correct information/ the information provided is not true.
NID DAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
NID DAT 2023 Eligibility
has to be followed by all the aspiring candidates of Design who wish to pursue bachelor or master’s degree from the National Institute of Design otherwise their candidature might be cancelled at any stage if found incorrect:
NID DAT 2023 Eligibility for B.Des/GDPD
- For Indian Nationals in General Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years as of 30 June 2023. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 2001 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (OBC-NCL/SC/ST): Upper age limit for candidates is 23 years as of 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1997 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 25 years as of 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1995 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years as of 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 2000 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Applications will be open to applicants who have passed or appearing for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2023–22 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
- Candidates must have passed their Class XII examination (higher secondary (10+2)) or equivalent at the in-person Counselling.
- Any candidate who has not passed their final board exam or equivalent before the in-person Counselling will not be eligible for admission and their candidature will be cancelled.
NID DAT 2023 Eligibility for M.Des
- For Indian Nationals (General Category): Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years as of 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1990 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals (OBC-NCL/SC/ST): Upper age limit for candidates is 33 years as of 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1987 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals (PwD Reserved Category): Upper age limit for candidates is 35 years as of 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1985 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years as of 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1990 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
- Condition: Applicant must have passed the Bachelor degree examinations at the time of document verification.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor degree of minimum 3-year duration in any discipline, after 12th standard or equivalent.
- Condition: Applicants must have passed their Bachelor degree examinations before July 2019.
- Full-time Diploma of minimum 4-year duration in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/Architecture, after 12th standard or equivalent from any recognized university/institute.
- Condition: Applicants must have passed the Diploma examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in June 2020*.
* Applicants in the final year of their Bachelor degree/Full-time Diploma Programme whose Universities may not have issued the final degree certificate by the date of application to NID are eligible to apply, subject to passing all subjects without any backlog. Such a candidate will have to submit/produce a Provisional Degree certificate at the time of Counselling.
NOTE: In case the degree/certificate has been obtained from a university/board of any country other than India, an equivalence certificate must be obtained by the candidate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, at the time of document verification.
- Candidates yet to appear for their qualifying exam (ONLY Full-time Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+4 system or more) are eligible to apply, provided they produce proof of having acquired the minimum required qualifications at the time of document verification. Candidate must produce a valid certificate (Provisional/Degree)at the time of document verification. Failing to produce the provisional degree certificate, such a candidate’s candidature will stand cancelled & will not be offered admission. Their seat will be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.
- If the results of their final year of graduation (under 10+2+4 system or more only) have not been declared by the concerned board or university at the time of applying, such candidate will have to submit a provisional degree certificate at the time of document verification.
NID DAT 2023 Highlights
Check all the basic information about NID DAT 2023 is given below:
NID DAT 2023 (National Institute of Design Design Aptitude Test
National Institute of Design
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Design (B.Des, M.Des & GDPD)
NID Official website
Application Form Link
To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Design Courses Offered by the NIDs across India
About National Institute of Design
The National Institute of Design (NID) is a design school that has 3 campuses in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Gandhinagar, India. The institute functions as an autonomous body under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It was founded in 1961 and has been a centre for design education, practice and research since. The broader objectives of education programmes at NID, both at Undergraduate and Postgraduate stream are designed to meet these objectives so that students can progress through their courses in an integrated manner.
NID is internationally recognised as one of the foremost multi-disciplinary institutions in the field of design education and research as well. NID has been declared ‘Institution of National Importance by the Act of Parliament, by the National Institute of Design Act 2014.