NID DAT 2020 Mains(Online Interviews) Admit Card for M.Des will be available from 04 July 2020 and for B.Des Mains result will be announced soon. National Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2020 is organized by the National Institute of Design. NID DAT National Level entrance Examination offering Undergraduate (B.Des/GDPD) and Postgraduate (M.Des) courses at most prestigious Design Institutions across India. The exam is conducted in two stages of the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) which are:
- DAT Preliminary examination
- DAT Main examination
NID is usually known as one of the best Design institutes in all over India throwing competition at NIFT, FDDI, UID etc. which are also among the fine Design institutions. Their record of quality candidates and faculty cannot be challenged. To know more about NID Design Aptitude Test and NID admission, candidates can go through the given article.
NID DAT Latest Update:
- Admit Card will be available from 04 July 2020 on NID M.Des. DAT 2020 Mains.
- NID DAT 2020 B.Des / GDPD DAT Mains Results will be announced soon.
NID DAT 2020 Important Dates
NID DAT 2020 Important Dates are mentioned down in the table below:
NID DAT Exam Dates 2020
|Application form available from|| ||01 October 2019|
|Last date to fill the application form||18 November 2019||18 November 2019|
|Last date to fill the application form with late fee||18-21 November 2019||18-21 November 2019|
|Window to edit the application forms||21 - 23 November 2019||21-23 November 2019|
|Issuance of admit card for DAT Prelims||20 December 2019||20 December 2019|
|NID DAT Prelims exam date||29 December 2019||29 December 2019|
|Prelims Result declaration||21 February 2020||03 May 2020|
|Rechecking Data Schedule||---||08 - 10 May 2020|
|Issuance of admit card for NID DAT Main exam||04 July 2020||19 June 2020|
|NID DAT Mains||06 July 2020 onwards||22 June 2020 onwards|
|NID DAT Mains result||notified soon||notified soon|
NID DAT 2020 Result
NID DAT 2020 result would be first announced for preliminary examination for both M.Des and B.Des:
- For M.Des, NID result 2020 had been announced on 21 February 2020.
- For B.Des course the NID result 2020 had been announced on 03 May 2020.
After the announcement of Preliminary examination, NID results would be announced for those who have appeared for Mains examination.
NID will declare the results for both M.Des and B.Des courses will be announced after the exams.
The result announcement would be followed by the formation of Merit List and candidates who made it to the merit list will be called for Personal Interview and portfolio presentation based on their Counselling.
NID DAT 2020 Counselling
Candidates are requested to stay updated as official authorities will be communicating via email. After all the rounds and final Counselling, candidates will make their way into one of the most prestigious colleges of India in the domain of Designing.
Courses Offered through NID Design Aptitude Test 2020
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- GDPD at NID-Kurukshetra
- GDPD at NID-Vijayawada
- GDPD at NID-Bhopal
- GDPD at NID-Jorhat
Below are the cities where NIDs are located across India:
NID DAT 2020 Admit Card
NID DAT 2020 Admit Card was available online on the official website from 20 December 2019 and candidates who will be appearing for the examination are requested to download and print a copy of their admit cards as it is a mandatory document to be carried to the examination centre.
For NID DAT 2020 Hall Ticket, candidates must keep these things in mind regarding their admit cards before they appear for the examination physically:
- Applicants are supposed to download their Admit cards from the official website as the Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any applicant.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination centre without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
- Must carry a government Photo ID proof in original for cross verification.
NID DAT 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates can check the NID DAT 2020 Exam Centres given below:
Test Centres for NID DAT 2020
|S.No||Courses||No. of Centres|
NID DAT 2020 examination will be going to be held in 38 cities.
NID DAT 2020 Exam Pattern
NID 2020 Exam Pattern
according to various sections, subjects and time duration is mentioned in this section of the article, give it a read to know more about exam pattern and plan the exam accordingly:
NID 2020 Question Paper Pattern for Preliminary Examination
- The time duration of M.Des DAT prelims paper is of two and a half hours (150 minutes)
- Total marks given to the whole exam is 100 marks.
- The exam comprises of a Common design Aptitude Test and a Faculty-specific Domain Test.
- The faculty Domain consists of five faculty streams namely-
- Communication Design
- Industrial design
- Information Technology Integrated Programmes
- Inter-disciplinary design studies
- Textile, Apparel, Lifestyle and Accessory Design
- The DAT prelims paper comprises of both objective and subjective questions.
- B.Des DAT prelims paper is a 180 minutes (3-hours) test.
- Total marks allotted to the exam is 100 which evaluates the Design aptitude of the candidate.
- The prelims for B.Des paper comprises of both objective and subjective questions.
- The medium of the exam is English.
NID 2020 Question Paper Pattern for Mains Examination
The DAT Mains consists of two parts:
- Studio Test:
- Total marks allotted to the test is 100.
- Duration of the studio test will be of three hours
- The exam is conducted in English medium.
- The interview process takes place immediately after the Studio Test and interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline at the same centre.
- Studio Test:
- The test will be conducted for over three days.
- The medium of examination will be the English Language.
- Total marks allotted to the test is 100 marks.
NID DAT 2020 Syllabus
NID DAT 2020 Syllabus is mentioned below which can be followed by candidates and they can manage to prepare accordingly to get a rough idea of what all will be asked in the examination and score well:
- Creativity, Comprehension, Knowledge and Visualization, Drawing Skills, Memory Drawing, General Mental Ability etc.
- For Studio Test, topics are – 3D Modeling, Body Language, Observation Test, Portfolio Making, Creative Thinking, etc.
Questions would be asked from topics such as elements and principles of design, expression and emotion, color terminology, memory drawing, inspiration & design development, mood, theme & color inter-relationship, design theory, natural & geometrical form, innovation in design, lettering, optical illusion, ornaments & motifs, principles of composition, and usage of color in compositions.
NID DAT 2020 Preparation Tips
NID DAT 2020 Preparation tips are stated below for the candidates who wish to score well as well as keep their mental calmness maintained:
- Candidates must go through the examination syllabus.
- Candidates should look up for practice sets and previous years question papers to get hold of a pattern if there is any.
- All the exams have important and frequently asked topics, learn those properly.
- Candidates must follow proper sleep schedules as it helps to focus and concentrate for long study hours.
- Prepare for the interview and portfolio presentation round as it is one of the important aspects when it comes to getting admission in National Institute of Design.
- Work on the presentation and communication skills as belonging to the design and creative fields has a lot to associate with a good presentation.
NID DAT 2020 Application Form
NID DAT 2020 Registration Form was released on 01 October 2019 on the official website of NID and was filled up to 18 November 2019.
The last date to submit the online application form with late fee was 21 November 2019.
Candidates will go through the following stages while filling the NID DAT Application form 2020.
- The application form can be submitted via two modes - online mode and offline mode.
- Candidates have to go through the NID online registration process where they will put up their email, mobile number and personal details.
- Candidates were supposed to fill up correct information and fill the entire mandatory * marked fields in the application form.
- Next, they need to upload the required documents (scanned copy of original documents).
- The Last step will be the application fee payment.
Candidates can also submit the application form along with the application fee through Demand Draft (DD) and sent it on the address below:
The Project Manager- CMS,
All India Management Association,
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 1100303, India.
NID DAT 2020 Application Fee
NID Application Fee is mentioned below category wise:
NID DAT 2020 Examination Fee
Rs. 2000/- (D-1) & Rs. 4000/- (D-2)
Rs. 1000/- (D-1) & Rs. 2000/- (D-2)
Rs. 3000/- (D-1) & Rs. 6000/- (D-2)
Mode of Payment: The Application fee can be submitted in two modes given below:
- Online mode: Candidates can make their fee payment Online via Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Offline mode: Candidates can pay their fee via offline mode through demand draft in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
NID DAT 2020 Application Form Correction
There is an opportunity for applicants to review and correct their information in the application form 21 November 2019 and will remain open for two days i.e. 23 November 2019.
- Such areas including eligibility criteria, date of birth, category, email id, citizenship and the discipline applied cannot be edited/modified by the candidates.
- Application fees will not be refunded in case the application form is found ineligible for admissions after modifying the information in the application form.
- The Application form will be cancelled in case the applicants fail to provide correct information/ the information provided is not true.
NID DAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
NID DAT 2020 Eligibility
has to be followed by all the aspiring candidates of Design who wish to pursue bachelor or master’s degree from National Institute of Design otherwise their candidature might be cancelled at any stage if found incorrect:
NID DAT 2020 Eligibility for B.Des/GDPD
- For Indian Nationals in General Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 2000 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (OBC-NCL/SC/ST): Upper age limit for candidates is 23 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1997 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 25 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1995 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 2000 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Applications for the academic year 2020–21 are open to applicants who have passed or appearing for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2020–20 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
- Candidates must have passed their Class XII examination (higher secondary (10+2)) or equivalent at the in-person Counselling .
- Any candidate who has not passed their final board exam or equivalent before the in-person Counselling will not be eligible for admission and their candidature will be cancelled.
NID DAT 2020 Eligibility for M.Des
- For Indian Nationals (General Category): Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1990 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals (OBC-NCL/SC/ST): Upper age limit for candidates is 33 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1987 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals (PwD Reserved Category): Upper age limit for candidates is 35 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1985 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years as on 30 June 2020. Only those candidates born on or after 01 July 1990 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
- Condition: Applicant must have passed the Bachelor degree examinations at the time of document verification.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor degree of minimum 3-year duration in any discipline, after 12th standard or equivalent.
- Condition: Applicants must have passed their Bachelor degree examinations before July 2019.
- Full-time Diploma of minimum 4-year duration in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/Architecture, after 12th standard or equivalent from any recognized university/institute.
- Condition: Applicants must have passed the Diploma examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in June 2020*.
* Applicants in the final year of their Bachelor degree/Full-time Diploma Programme whose Universities may not have issued the final degree certificate by the date of application to NID are eligible to apply, subject to passing all subjects without any backlog. Such a candidate will have to submit/produce Provisional Degree certificate at the time of Counselling.
NOTE: In case the degree/certificate has been obtained from a university/board of any country other than India, an equivalence certificate must be obtained by the candidate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, at the time of document verification.
- Candidates yet to appear for their qualifying exam (ONLY Full-time Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+4 system or more) are eligible to apply, provided they produce proof of having acquired the minimum required qualifications at the time of document verification. Candidate must produce a valid certificate (Provisional/Degree)at the time of document verification. Failing to produce the provisional degree certificate, such candidate’s candidature will stand cancelled & will not be offered admission. Their seat will be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.
- If the results of their final year of graduation (under 10+2+4 system or more only) have not been declared by the concerned board or university at the time of applying, such candidate will have to submit provisional degree certificate at the time of document verification.
NID DAT 2020 Highlights
Check all the basic information about NID DAT 2020 is given below:
NID DAT 2020 (National Institute of Design Design Aptitude Test 2020)
National Institute of Design
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Design (B.Des, M.Des & GDPD)
To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Design Courses Offered by the NIDs across India
About National Institute of Design
The National Institute of Design (NID) is a design school has 3 campuses in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Gandhinagar, India. The institute functions as an autonomous body under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It was founded in 1961 and has been a centre for design education, practice and research since. The broader objectives of education programmes at NID, both at Undergraduate and Postgraduate stream are designed to meet these objectives so that students can progress through their courses in an integrated manner.
NID is internationally recognised as one of the foremost multi-disciplinary institutions in field of design education and research as well. NID has been declared ‘Institution of National Importance’ by the Act of Parliament, by the National Institute of Design Act 2014.