NIMCET 2020 exam date has been postponed. New date is yet to be announced. It is also known as the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test will be conducted by the National Institutes of Technology (NITs). This exam is conducted once every year at the National Level in online computer based mode this year. Candidates have to apply online, who interested in course and fulfill elgibility criteria till 11 June 2020. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2020 will be organised to provide admission to the eligible candidates into the Masters in Computer Application (MCA) Programme. The candidates need to read the complete article to know all about the NIMCET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card, etc.
- NIMCET 2020 Application window had been closed on 11 June 2020.
- Due to continuing adverse conditions of the pandemic COVID-19, the date of NIMCET 2020 is postponed till further notice. The date of exam and detailed program will be declared shortly. Please keep visiting the website.
NIMCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important NIMCET 2020 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|Reopening Online Registration||02 June 2020|
|Last date to fill out the Application Form||11 June 2020|
|NIMCET 2020 Admit Card release date||20 July 2020|
|Last date to download NIMCET 2020 Admit Card||07 August 2020|
|NIMCET 2020 Exam Date||09 August 2020|
|NIMCET 2020 Result Declaration|
23 August 2020
|Choice Filling Starts on||25 – 29 August 2020|
|First Round of Allotment||01 September 2020|
|First round of Remote reporting in person ||02 – 04 September 2020|
|Second Round of Allotment and Upgradation||09 September 2020|
|Second round of Remote reporting in person||11 – 12 September 2020|
|Third round of Allotment and Upgradation||18 September 2020|
NIMCET 2020 Admit Card
NIMCET 2020 Admit Card will be issued on the official website of the authorised body after the successful submission of the Application Form. The details for the same can be checked below in the points:
- Sucessfully registered candidates can download admit card.
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card/Hall ticket from the official website.
- Each one will be required to produce the admit card to the exam hall/Counselling Centre/Remote Reporting Centre and the Participating Institute at the time of admission.
- Along with the admit card also, applicants will need to carry identity proof for verification purposes.
- The authority will NOT send the admit card to an individual candidate.
NIMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check the complete NIMCET 2020 Exam Pattern given below before starting their preparation:
- Mode of Examination: The Exam will be conducted through offline (Pen and Paper) mode.
- Number of Questions: Total of 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of Questions: There will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) in the question paper.
- Time Duration: The time duration allotted for the exam will be 120 minutes (two hours).
- Language Medium: Question paper will be available in the English language.
- Sections: The question paper will be divided into four sections – Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, General English and Computer Awareness.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of a total of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for each incorrect answer.
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus for the entrance exam is as follows:
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
- Basic English Grammar
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
The questions in this section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
NIMCET 2020 Application Form
The candidates can fill the NIMCET 2020 application form
from 02 June 2020
. The applicants can check the details for the same below in the points:
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- NIMCET application form will be available on the official website NITs.
- The Last date to fill the application form online is till the 11 June 2020(05:PM).
- The application process will consist of various steps – Registration, filling the application form, uploading the documents and application fee payment.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly as there is no provision of correcting the mistakes after the final submission of the application form.
NIMCET 2020 Application Fee
After filling all the details in the NIMCET registration form, candidates have to pay the application fee which varies as per the category of students.
NIMCET 2020 Application Fee
|UR/OBC candidates||Rs 2500|
|ST/SC candidates||Rs 1250|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode only by using Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking. Check the Application Fee to be paid for various categories given below:
NIMCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the NIMCET 2020 eligibility given below before applying for the exam:
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for applying for the NIMCET 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess B.Sc. (Hons)/ B.Sc./BIT/BCA/B.Tech/B.E of a minimum of three years from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with one of the subjects of Mathematics or Statistics.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying exam. 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA for SC/ST candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year of their qualifying exam can also apply provided they have to present their passing certificate at the time of admission.
NIMCET 2020 Result
The NIMCET 2020 Result will be declared on the website tentatively on or before 08 June 2020. The candidates will be able to download the scorecard from there. The board will not send the Result/Scorecard individually. The candidates can check the details for the same below:
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1.5, 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate ranking will be done.
Method of Resolving Ties
The authority will resolve the ties between the candidates scoring the same marks by the following criteria:
- It will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- If it will not be resolved on the above basis then based on the age, ties will be resolved.
- The senior candidate will be given priority than the younger ones.
NIMCET 2020 Counselling
After the result will be declared the qualified candidates will be called for the NIMCET 2020 Counselling for the admission. NIMCET 2020 counselling is supposed to be commenced from 12 June 2020. Allotted candidates not reporting will forfeit their seat allotment automatically and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment. The dates for the same are available on the official website.
Documents to be carried for NIMCET counselling 2020
- Marks sheets of class 10 and 12
- Pass certificate of class 10 and 12
- NIMCET 2020 Rank Card
- Adress proof
- Medical Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificates (if applicable)
- Passport size photographs
The following are the institutes which provide the admission for Masters in Computer Application (MCA) Programme.
- National Institute of Technology, Jirania, Agartala
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology,
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Mangalore
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
NIMCET 2020 Exam Centres
The test centres for the NIMCET 2020 are as follows:
NIMCET 2020 Highlights
The NIMCET 2020 highlights can be checked below:
|Exam Name||NIMCET 2020|
|Full Name||NIT MCA Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Technology|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once|
|NIMCET Official Website||https://www.nimcet.in/|
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is conducted by the National Institutes of Technology (NITs). This exam is conducted annually at the National Level. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2020 will be organised to provide admission to the eligible candidates into the Masters in Computer Application (MCA) Programme.