NIMCET 2022 Entrance Exam is going to be held on 20 June 2022. The registration has been started on 04 April 2022 and will end on 09 May 2022. NIMCET 2022 will be conducted by the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal. This exam is conducted once every year at the National Level in an online computer-based mode this year. Candidates have to apply online, who are interested in the course and fulfil eligibility criteria. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is organized to provide admission to eligible candidates into the Masters in Computer Application (MCA) Programme. The candidates need to read the complete article to know all about the NIMCET 2022 Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card, etc.
NIMCET 2022 Exam Status
Candidates can check the important details related to the NIMCET 2021 which are mentioned below in the table:
|NIMCET 2021 Registration||Application form extended|
- NIMCET 2022 Application Form's last date to apply for the exam has been extended till 04 May 2022. Candidates can apply here--- Apply Now.
- NIMCET 2022 Exam date has been announced. The entrance exam is scheduled to be held on 20 June 2022.
NIMCET 2022 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important NIMCET 2022 dates for the application form in the given table below:
NIMCET 2022 Schedule
|NIMCET 2022 Application Form release date||04 April 2022|
|Last date to fill out the Application Form||04 May 2022 09 May 2022|
|Admit Card release date||02 June 2022|
|NIMCET 2022 Exam Date||20 June 2022|
|Result Declaration||05 July 2022|
|Choice filling and upload of the latest documents, if required by the candidate||07-12 July 2022|
|First Round of Allotment||18 July 2022|
|The first round of Online verification of the documents of candidates||23-25 July 2022|
|The second round of Allotment/up-gradation||29 July 2022|
|The second round of Online verification of the documents of candidates allotted a seat in the second round||03-04 August 2022|
|The third round of allotment/up-gradation||08 August 2022|
|The third round of reporting in person at the institute||16-17 August 2022|
|Commencement of Classes||18 August 2022|
NIMCET 2022 Application Form
The candidates can fill the NIMCET 2022 application form from 04 April 2022. The applicants can check the details for the same below in the points:
- Candidates can fill the application form online mode only.
- NIMCET application form will be available on the official website NITs.
- The Last date to fill the application form online is 04 May 2022.
- The application process will consist of registration, filling the application form, uploading the documents, and application fee payment.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly as there is no provision for correcting the mistakes after submitting the application form.
NIMCET 2022 Application Fee
After filling in all the details in the NIMCET registration form, candidates have to pay the application fee, which varies as per the category of students.
NIMCET 2022 Registration Fee
|UR/OBC candidates||Rs 2500|
|ST/SC candidates||Rs 1250|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode only using a Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking. Check the Application Fee to be paid for various categories given below:
NIMCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the NIMCET eligibility criteria 2022 given below before applying for the exam:
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for applying for the NIMCET.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess B.Sc. (Hons)/ B.Sc./BIT/BCA/B.Tech/B.E of a minimum of three years from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam in one of the subjects of Mathematics or Statistics.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying exam. 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA for SC/ST candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year of their qualifying exam can also apply, provided they have to present their passing certificate at the time of admission.
NIMCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check the complete NIMCET 2022 Exam Pattern given below before starting their preparation:
- Mode of Examination: The Exam will be conducted through Computer Based Test(CBT) mode.
- Number of Questions: A total of 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of Questions: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in the question paper.
- Time Duration: The time duration allotted for the exam will be 120 minutes (two hours).
- Language Medium: Question paper will be available in the English language.
- Sections: The question paper will be divided into four sections – Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, General English, and Computer Awareness.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of a total of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for every correct answer, and 1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for each incorrect answer.
Distribution of Questions in each section of the NIMCET Question Paper:
NIMCET Question Distribution
|Name of the section ||Number of questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40 Questions|
|Computer Awareness||10 Questions|
|General English||20 Questions|
NIMCET 2022 Syllabus
NIMCET 2022 Syllabus for the entrance exam is as follows:
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
- Basic English Grammar
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
The questions in this section will cover logical situations and questions based on the passage's facts.
NIMCET 2022 Admit Card
NIMCET 2022 Admit Card will be issued on the authorized body's official website after the successful submission of the Application Form. The details for the same can be checked below in the points:
- Successfully registered candidates can download admit card.
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card/Hall ticket from the official website.
- Each one will be required to produce the admit card to the exam hall/Counselling Centre/Remote Reporting Centre and the Participating Institute at the time of admission.
- Along with the admit card also, applicants will need to carry identity proof for verification purposes.
- The authority will NOT send the admit card to an individual candidate.
NIMCET 2022 Result
The NIMCET 2022 Result will be declared on the website on November 2021. The candidates will be able to download the scorecard from there. The board will not send the Result/Scorecard individually. The candidates can check the details for the same below:
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1.5, 2, and 1, respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate, the ranking will be done.
Method of Resolving Ties for NIMCET 2022
The authority will resolve the ties between the candidates scoring the same marks by the following criteria:
- It will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning, and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- If it is not resolved on the above basis, then based on the age, ties will be resolved.
- The senior candidate will be given more priority than the younger ones.
NIMCET 2022 Counselling
The revised schedule for NIMCET 2022 Counselling for admission has been declared. NIMCET 2021 counselling is supposed to be commenced from November 2021. Allotted candidates not reporting will forfeit their seat allotment automatically and will not be considered for subsequent seat allotment rounds. The dates for the same are available on the official website.
Documents to be carried for NIMCET counselling 2022
- Marks sheets of class 10 and 12
- Pass certificate of class 10 and 12
- NIMCET 2020 Rank Card
- Address proof
- Medical Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificates (if applicable)
- Passport size photographs
The following are the institutes that provide the admission for Masters in Computer Application (MCA) Programme.
- National Institute of Technology, Jirania, Agartala
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology,
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Mangalore
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
NIMCET 2022 Exam Centres
The test centres for the NIMCET 2022 are as follows:
NIMCET 2022 Highlights
The NIMCET 2021 highlights can be checked below:
|Exam Name||NIMCET 2022|
|Full Name||NIT MCA Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Technology|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once|
|NIMCET 2022 Official Website||https://www.nimcet.in/|
|Application Form||Apply Now|
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is conducted by the National Institutes of Technology (NITs). This exam is conducted annually at the National Level. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2021 will be organized to provide admission to the eligible candidates into the Masters in Computer Application (MCA) Programme.