NIMCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria is set by the National Institute of Technology (NIT). This test can be taken up by the undergraduates who want to perceive the Master of Computer Application. This test is conducted once a year. It is an online test. Based on the rank achieved by the candidate in NIMCET 2022, a seat in one of the 11 NIT campuses will be allotted to the candidate. Candidates should go through eligibility criteria before applying for NIMCET. Only when the candidate finds himself or herself eligible can apply for the exam as the institute does not permit ineligible candidates to take up NIMCET 2022.
Once the application form fee is paid, it will not be refunded. To decrease the chance of rejection of the application form, the candidate is instructed to read the eligibility criteria and instructions carefully.
NIMCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have completed 1+2 or diploma with graduation to get admission into NITs through NIMCET.
- Candidates should hold a graduation certificate from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have scored at least 60% or 6.5 CGPA in their graduation.
Applicants must be Indian citizen to satisfy eligibility criteria for NIMCET 2022.
- Candidate must have completed B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc. (Computer Science / Computer Applications) the course which should be three years, full-time course from a recognized university with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the major subject.
- Candidates should have completed their B.E or B.Tech from a recognized university.
- Candidates must not convert their CGPA to percentage and vice-versa.
- Candidates who graduated from open universities which are approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of India are also eligible to apply for NIMCET 2022. The course can be B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT and the duration, of course, should be three years.
Candidates belonging to General or OBC category must have at least 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale in their graduate studies to satisfy eligibility criteria for NIMCET.
Candidates belonging to SC/ ST should have at least 55% aggregate or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in their graduate studies to satisfy eligibility criteria for NIM CET 2022.
Candidates must have taken Mathematics or statistics as their subjects in their graduation and 1+2. Candidates must have passed the mandatory subjects before applying to NIMCET 2022.
Candidates who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to give NIM Common Eligibility Test but they need to produce the graduation certificate at the time of admission.
Candidates belonging to any age group are eligible to give NIMCET 2022. There is no upper or lower age limit is specified to be eligible for NIMCET.
Number of attempts:
There is no limit to the number of attempts. Candidates can attend NIMCET any number times.