Odisha TET 2023 Eligibility Criteria will be released by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha. The candidates must fulfil the eligibility requirements to apply for Odisha Teachers Eligibility Test which will be conducted in two papers i.e. Category A (Paper I) and category B (Paper-II). There are separate eligibility criteria for both exams. Candidates must go through the following article regarding more details of OTET 2023.
OTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates having the following minimum qualification shall be eligible for appearing in OTET:-
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (CT or D.El.Ed.).
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Graduation and two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), on the condition that who has acquired the qualification of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE Recognised Institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE, within two years of such appointment as a primary teacher.
(b) Category – B
- Graduation and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year B.A./ B.Sc, Ed or B.A. Ed./ B.Sc. Ed.
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education). Provided that relaxation of 5% minimum qualifying marks in Higher Secondary or graduation level, as the case may be, shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC & PWD category.
- Provided further that candidates having minimum marks in Higher Secondary or graduation level, as the case may be, prescribed at the time of admission in teacher education courses are also eligible to appear in OTET.
- Persons having D.Ed. (Special Education) or B.Ed (Special Education) qualification shall undergo, after appointment, an NCTE recognized 6 month Special Programme in Elementary Education.
- Persons having qualifications or pursuing the final year of any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or by the RCI, as the case may be) can appear in the respective category for which he/ she is eligible.
- Persons declared eligible by the State Govt./ NCTE/ Govt. of India from time to time.
OTET 2023 Application Form
The Application form is available by online mode at the OTET 2023 official website of the respective authority and in offline mode too. All the Applicants are advised to find the Eligibility criteria & the rest of the info about OTET 2023 from this page before filling the application form. Applicants have to pay the registration fee after filling their registration form. The application fee of the candidate varies according to their category. Candidates need to read the official notification carefully to know eligibility criteria about it. BSE Odisha will conduct the Teachers Eligibility Test in upcoming dates 2023. Read this content to know more details about OTET Exam Dates. Candidates, who want to get teacher jobs in the State of Odisha. Then they can apply Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test online.
About Odisha TET Exam 2023
The Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by BSE Odisha. Orissa TET examination is conducted with two papers. Paper 1 for Primary Teacher (Class I to V). Paper 2 for Upper Primary Teacher (Class VI to VIII).
All applicants who want to get teacher jobs in the State. Through this test, all applicants get the teacher eligibility certificate. With the help of the Teacher Eligibility certificate for Odisha. Then, they can also fill the teacher recruitment application form.