PAU AAT 2020 has been postponed & the new date is 31 August 2020. The venue of the exam will be mentioned on the Admit Card. Punjab Agricultural University Agriculture Aptitude Test which will be organized by PAU (Punjab Agricultural University), Ludhiana. The exam is organized annually and admission offered in the B.Sc(Hons,)Nursing courses are only for candidates belonging to either the State of Punjab or Chandigarh Union Territory. The only exception is the MBA course which has an 85% seat reservation for Punjab + Chandigarh locals and 15% is for students from all the country.
- PAU AAT 2020 is scheduled to be held on 31 August 2020.
- Online applicants of AAT 2020 who have applied without paying entrance test fee are advised to login again and take the print out of the challan of HDFC Bank to deposit the balance amount of Rs.3520/- up to 28 August 2020.
- The admit cards of all the candidates whose payment will be verified upto 28 August will be uploaded by 29 August 2020.
PAU AAT 2020 Admit Card
The vital information regarding PAU AAT Admit card 2020 is given below:
- PAU AAT Admit Card will be made available on the official website for all the applicants.
- Date of Birth and Unique ID - for online applicants (UID will appear on the top of the application form). DoB and Prospectus Number for offline applicants.
- Offline applicants are required to sign & paste the same photograph on the PAU AAT Admit card as they must have pasted on the application form and get the same attested from the Principal/Gazetted Officer.
- All applicants must bring a photo ID proof i.e. Aadhaar ID/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport in original (not photocopy or scanned copy) along with downloaded admit card on the examination day, otherwise, he/she will not be allowed to appear in the entrance examination.
- In case any applicant is facing any sort of trouble regarding his/her Admit card, he/she may contact the office of The Registrar, Thapar Hall, PAU, Ludhiana, two days before the date of entrance examination (after which nothing would be entertained) along with a copy of application form and original receipt of Bank Challan Form (issued by the bank) and two passport size photographs.
- No enquiries regarding the PAU AAT admit card will be entertained on the day of the entrance examination.
PAU AAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of PAU AAT 2020 is given in the table below which contains information regarding the types of questions asked, duration of the examination, etc.
PAU AAT 2020 Exam pattern
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & paper)
Duration of Examination
90 minutes (1½ hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+4 for Correct and -1 for Incorrect (1/Fourth negative)
Medium of examination
English & Punjabi
200 Marks for Section I
120 Marks for Section II
40 Marks for Section III
40 Marks for Section IV
4 (I, II, III & IV)
Section-wise division of questions and marks:
Number of Questions
The applicant can visit this page for the latest update as notifies by the officials.
PAU AAT 2020 Syllabus
candidates can check PAU AAT test syllabus from below and must follow it to score well in the examination:
- Section I - Agriculture Aptitude: Vernacular language about the land measurements, cultivation of various Rabi and Kharif crops, fruits and vegetables, important fertilizers, farm hand tools, implements, weeds and also about general agriculture and allied activities.
- Section II - General Science: The syllabus will be the same as the syllabus for 9th and 10th standard of Punjab School Education Board/CBSE/ICSE.
- Section III - General English: The syllabus will be the same as the syllabus for 9th and 10th standard of Punjab School Education Board/CBSE /ICSE.
- Section IV - Mathematics: The syllabus will be the same as the syllabus for 9th and 10th standard of Punjab School Education Board/CBSE /ICSE.
PAU AAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Preparation Tips of PAU AAT 2020 are mentioned below for all the students who wish to score well in the upcoming examination:
- The syllabus is the first of all the things and students must prepare accordingly.
- Daily revision is an important aspect as studied topics/subjects become faded which needs to be polished time and again.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Give time for recreation.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and scope of improvement as well.
PAU AAT 2020 Application Form
Application Form of PAU AAT 2020 was made available on the PAU website. Before filling the application form candidate must go through the eligibility criteria first. Candidates can fill the PAU Registration forms till 26 June 2020. Below mentioned guidelines must be followed:
- A valid unique email ID is necessary for uploading each application form and duplicate IDs will lead to rejection.
- A clear and recent passport size coloured photograph with size up to 50 KB in JPG/JPEG format is required while filling the form.
- Scanned copy of signature (black/blue) with size up to 50 KB is required for uploading while filling the online form.
- After filling the application form, the aspirant is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- A verification link will be sent to the candidate’s E-mail address. The candidate has to click on the verification link to complete the submission process of the application.
- After verification, the candidate has to login using his E-mail ID and Date of Birth to download & print the application form and pay application fees. To pay fees, the aspirant will be provided two modes.
- After successful payment, the candidate must print the payment receipt.
- The candidate must send immediately the Receipt along with computer-generated print-out of Application Form duly signed by the candidate and his/her parents/guardian to The Registrar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana-141 004
- Prospectus and application form can be obtained from - the Additional Director of Communication, Communication Centre, PAU, Ludhiana–141 004 (near University Gate Number 1) personally on payment of Rs. 2120/- in cash at the counter or by post by sending bank draft of Rs. 2260/- in favour of - Additional Director of Communication, payable at Ludhiana.
- The name of the Programme for which the form is required should be mentioned in the request and also at the back of the bank Demand draft.
- All columns in the Application form must be filled in and written carefully and legibly by the candidate in his/her handwriting. An incomplete application form is liable to be rejected without owing any explanation to the applicant.
- The candidate should paste one latest passport size photograph on the Application form and attach another passport size photograph with the Application form.
- The candidate must also keep two identical photographs ready with him/her for pasting it on the Admit Card and other on the white Application form to be filled at the time of counselling.
- The candidate must retain the candidate’s copy of Challan Form and send the University copy of the Challan Form along with the printout of the duly filled Application Form to The Registrar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana–141004
PAU AAT 2020 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The PAU AAT 2020 Application Processing Fee can be paid either through online mode or offline mode.
Online - Applicants have to pay Rs. 5640/- for each Entrance Test that includes the cost of downloaded form/Prospectus.
- Online payment can be done through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
Offline - Applicants have to pay Rs. 4200/- for the Entrance Test in addition to the cost of the Prospectus (Rs. 2120/- at the Counter or Rs. 2260/- by Post).
- The Entrance Test fee should be deposited in HDFC Bank, using Challan Form, available in the PAU Prospectus.
- The bank will return two parts of the Challan Form duly stamped with journal number.
PAU AAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The vital information regarding PAU AAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 is given below:
- The candidate needs to be a resident of either Punjab or Chandigarh to be eligible to take admission in the courses offered after qualifying the PAU AAT 2020 examination.
- Only MBA courses are an exception as they take 15% admissions from all over India and 85% from the statehood mentioned in the point above.
- Matriculation or equivalent with a minimum of 65% marks in aggregate in compulsory subjects.
- Any vacant seat among the existing seats due to the non-availability of the applicant, who does not qualify the eligibility criteria under any category, will be made available to the general category. Additional seats for any specific category will not be made available to the general category.
- The condition of scoring a minimum of 50% and 65% marks will not apply to SC/ST candidates in all the Programmes provided that the lower percentage prescribed does not fall below the minimum requirement for passing the qualifying examination (for undergraduate Programmes only).
- Four seats (additional) for BSc (Hons.) Agriculture 4-year Programme reserved for Kashmiri Migrants.
- Two seats (additional) for BSc (Hons.) Horticulture 4-year Programme reserved for Kashmiri Migrants.
- Two additional seats for BSc (Hons.) Agriculture 2+4 year Programme reserved for the pass outs of PAU Model High School, Kano.
- Above mentioned category students can only avail the special eligibility apart from which all the other students shall come under the same consideration.
PAU AAT 2020 Result
The vital information regarding PAU AAT result 2020 is given below:
- The PAU AAT result will be announced after the commencement of the exam which will be followed by Counselling for which students must download their scorecard and bring along other documents for verification and admission process.
- Scorecards will be made available on the official website and nowhere else.
PAU AAT 2020 Counselling
Counselling of PAU AAT 2020 will commence after the PAU Ludhiana AAT result declaration. Students who are absent during the counselling will be considered ineligible for admission and their seats would be made available in the General pool quota for which other eligible candidates with scorecards can apply.
There are various colleges under Punjab Agricultural University which are listed below along with the departments:
1. College of Agriculture, Ludhiana
2. Institute of Agriculture, Bathinda
- Extension Education
- Food Science & Technology
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- School of Agricultural Biotechnology
- Climate Change & Agricultural Meteorology
- School of Organic Farming
3. Institute of Agriculture, Gurdaspur
4. College of Horticulture & Forestry, Ludhiana
- Fruit Science
- Vegetable Science
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Forestry and Natural Resources
5. College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Ludhiana
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering & Information Technology
- Farm Machinery & Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Processing & Food Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Soil & Water Engineering
6. College of Basic Sciences & Humanities, Ludhiana
- Agricultural Journalism, Languages & Culture
- Economics & Sociology
- Mathematics, Statistics & Physics
7. School of Business Studies
8. College of Home Science, Ludhiana
- Apparel & Textile Science
- Family Resource Management
- Food & Nutrition
- Extension Education and Communication Management
- Human Development and Family Studies
All these above-mentioned colleges participate in the counselling as well as the admission process and follow the norms stated by the PAU, Ludhiana.
PAU AAT 2020 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the PUA AAT exam:
PAU AAT 2020
Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Agriculture
PAU Official website
Offline (Pen & Paper)
To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Agricultural Courses Offered by the University
Stay connected for Punjab Agricultural University Agriculture Aptitude Test[PAU AAT] conducted by Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana.
Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
PAU is established in 1962 to serve the state of erstwhile Punjab. Inaugurated by Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, Prime Minister of India on July 8, 1963. In February 1970, Haryana Agricultural University carved out by an Act of Parliament. In July 1970, HP Krishi Vishvavidalya established at Palampur campus. In 2006, the College of Veterinary Sciences upgraded as Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Science University at Ludhiana. Modelled on the pattern of land grant colleges in the US has played a key role in increasing food production in Punjab state and ushering in an era of Green Revolution in India Has made notable contributions in increasing livestock and poultry production in the state 1995, was adjudged as Best Agricultural University in India