PGIMER is conducted to select candidates for admission in the various PG medical courses such as MD, MS, DM, M.Ch, MHA, M.Sc, MDS /House Job (Oral Health Sciences), Fellowship, and Post Doctoral Fellowship. There are two sessions for admission, one is in January and the other is in July. Before the commencement of the counselling round, a final merit list will be released and those qualifying candidates who find their name in the merit list will be able to attend the Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education, and Research(PGIMER) Chandigarh, counseling round. The counselling will be conducted in the offline mode and the selected candidates have to appear for counselling session as per the schedule. Read this complete article to get more information about PGIMER 2020 Counselling.
PGIMER 2021 Important Dates
The important dates of events of PGIMER 2021 are mentioned in the given below table.
Events and Dates of PGIMER 2021
|Last date to fill the application form||14 November 2020|
|Date of entrance exam||30 November 2020|
|Declaration of result||6 December 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||January 2021|
Note: All the above dates are tentative based on the the previous year's information. As soon as the official authority will announce the new examination schedule, it wil be updated here as well.
Documents required for PGIMER 2021 Counselling
The qualified candidates who are going to attend the counseling round have to bring the following documents at the time of the counselling round.
- Photocopy of the PGIMER 2021 Application form.
- A valid Identity Proof issued by the government
- All original degrees andd testimonials
- Matriculation Certificate,
- Marksheet of MBBS degree
- Internship Certificate
- Certificate of category, if applicable
- MCI Registration
- Non-Objection Certificate, if the candidate is in service
- Disability Certificate in case of the PWD candidates.
- PGIMED 2021 Admit card
PGIMER 2021 Counselling Procedure
The counseling process of PGIMER 2021 is listed below.
Step 1. Registration
- In the first step, candidates have to register themselves for the counselling process by visiting the official website of PGIMER.
- Only those candidates will be able to register whose names are appear in the merit list.
Step 2. PGIMER Counselling
- In the counseling session, candidates have to bring their documents for the verification step.
- The counselling will be conducted separately for candidates that are claiming reservation under different categories.
- Later on, candidates will be called for a face to face interview.
- Selection of the candidate will be based on the inter-se merit and their performance in the interview round.
Step 3. Payment of the Counselling fee
- The result of the counselling session will be announced soon after the interview round.
- Then selected candidates have to pay the first installment of fees i.e Rs 2485 in cash. The other modes of payment like Cheque and Demand Draft will not be accepted.
- If a candidate fails to deposit the fees on time, then his or her seat will be cancelled.
Step 4. Participating in the second and third round of PGIMER counselling
- If a candidate does not get the desired stream in the first round of counselling, then he or she can participate in the next round of counselling process.
- Candidates who are not allocated a seat in the first round can also participate in the next round of PGIMER counselling.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is a medical and research institute sitauted in Chandigarh, India. It is providing educational, medical research, and training facilities to their students. It is the leading tertiary care hospital in the whole region and caters to patients from all over the Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. The institute has all the latest facilities including all the specialties, super specialties and sub specialties. There are more than 50 training courses that the institute is currently providing.
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh was conceived in the year 1960 as a center of excellence which would endeavour to develop the patterns of teaching in the postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and an attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine. The PGIMER was also given the responsibility to broaden the horizons of the medical knowledge by intensive research in the field of health.