PGIMER 2020 Results (January Session) will be disclosed for different courses on the official website. The MD/MS course result has been declared on 06 December 2019 by the competent authority. Likewise, other courses result will be announced after the successful conduction of the entrance exams. The entrance exam is conducted twice a year by Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education and Research, Chandigarh to offer admission to the candidates into various courses viz; DM/M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administration), House Job (Oral Health Sciences), PhD Programme / M.Sc/ M.Sc MLT and Fellowships, etc. The applicants can go through the full article to know about the PGI Chandigarh 2020 Result details.
PGIMER 2020 Result Dates
The PGIMER 2020 Result date (January Session) for all the courses are mentioned below in the table:
PGIMER 2020 Result Dates (January Session
|MD/MS||06 December 2019|
|MD(Hospital Administration)||26 December 2019|
|House Job (Oral Health Sciences)||26 December 2019 (03.00 PM)|
|DM/M.Ch courses||26 December 2019 (05.00 PM)|
|Ph.D Programme||16 December 2019 (04:00 PM)|
|M.Sc./M.Sc MLT Courses||16 December 2019 (03.00 PM)|
|Fellowships & Post Doctoral Fellowships PGI||16 December 2019 (03.00 P.M)|
The candidates are requested to keep visiting the page to know the latest updates for PGIMER 2020 result declaration.
PGIMER 2020 Results
The PGI Chandigarh results 2020 (January Session) will be declared in December 2019 on the dates mentioned above on the official website of the competent authority. The result for the same will be declared after the entrance exam will get over for all the courses. Result of individual candidate will NOT be informed on telephone and candidates are requested NOT to make call to the Academic Section for such information. Further, the candidates can check the information's regarding the same in the below points:
PGIMER 2020 Result (MD/MS) Course
- The MD/MS result will be declared on 06 December 2019 on the website of the PGIMER.
- For PGIMER 2020 MD/MS overall rank of all the candidates will be decided based on the percentile scores, with a higher percentile score translating into a better rank.
PGIMER 2020 Result MD (Hospital Administration) Course
- The MD(Hospital Administration) result will be declared on 26 December 2019 on the website of the competent authority.
- For PGIMER 2020 MD(Hospital Administration) overall rank of all the candidates will be decided based on the scores obtained by the candidates.
PGIMER 2020 Result House Job(Oral Health Sciences) and DM/M.Ch Courses
- The result for the same will be declared on 2 December 2019 after the exam.
- The percentile score will decide the rank of a candidate.
PGIMER 2020 M.Sc./M.Sc. MLT Results, Ph.D Programme and Fellowships & Post Doctoral Fellowships PGI Course
- The result/scorecard will be disclosed on 16 December 2019 on the website of the authorised body.
- Candidates will be considered for selection to M.Sc./M.Sc MLT & PhD courses based on an entrance test score.
PGIMER 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
The following rules will be applied for each course where two or more candidates obtains equal percentile scores:
For MD/MS Courses and MD(Hospital Administration)
- An applicant who will obtain higher aggregate marks in MBBS examination will be given a priority over a candidate who will obtain lower marks.
- If the aggregate marks obtained in MBBS examination are the same, then a candidate senior in age will be given a priority to a candidate who is junior in age.
For House Job (Oral Health Sciences)
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in BDS examination will be given a priority over a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- An applicant senior in age will be given a priority then the younger one if aggregate marks obtained in BDS will be the same.
For DM/M.Ch Courses
- In MD/MS examination a candidate who will score higher marks will be given priority than the lower marks scorer.
- If it will not be solved by the above criteria then based on DOB, the candidate who will be elder in age will be taken into consideration then the younger one.
For M.Sc./M.Sc. MLT Courses
- A candidate who has made more attempts in B.Sc. examination would rank junior to the candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If the attempts made are same in B.Sc exam then an applicant with higher marks will be given a priority over the lower marks scorer.
- If the attempts and marks both are same then the elder one will be given a priority then the younger one.
For Ph.D Courses
- For Medical Candidates - The method for resolving ties for Medical candidates are as follows:
- A candidate who has made more attempts in for MBBS/MD/MS examination will be rank junior to the candidate who has made lesser attempts to pass the exam.
- If the number of attempts is the same then the candidate who has scored higher marks in MBA exam will be given a priority then the lower marks scorer.
- In case any candidate has not filled up column no. of application form showing the percentage of aggregate marks in MBBS, he/she will rank junior to another candidate in inter-se-merit.
- If both the above points will get fail then the candidate elder in age will get the priority.
- For Non-Medical Candidates - The method for resolving ties for Non-Medical candidates are as follows:
- A candidate who has made a number of attempts in passing M.Sc examination would rank junior to the candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If a number of attempts made are also the same for M.Sc. exam then the candidate who has obtained higher marks in the M.Sc. will rank senior to a candidate who has obtained lesser marks.
- If the above criteria will not work then based on age the ties will be resolved. Hence a candidate who will be senior in age will be given a priority than the junior one.
How to Download the PGIMER 2020 Result/Scorecard
The scorecard will be made available on the official website on the dates mentioned above for all courses. The candidates can go through the below points to know how to download the same:
Step 2 - On the home page, a link will be given in the " Information for Candidates " section.
Step 3 - Open the link according to the course applied.
Step 4 - After that result page will be redirected.
Step 5 - Login with the credentials asked.
PGIMER 2020 Merit List (January Session)
A combined merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the entrance test (irrespective of their category) and applying the above method for resolving ties will be prepared for all the courses.
PGIMER 2020 Cutt Off
The candidates can check the cut off marks for various courses below. The candidates with minimum cut-off percentile in the entrance test as mentioned below against each category will be eligible to get the admission in the respective courses:
PGIMER 2020 Cut Off January (MD/MS)
Category- Wise Cut off Marks(Percentile)
Open / OCI and Sponsored/Deputed Category Candidates
OBC, PwBD, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals
Candidates from reserved categories are also eligible for general category seats (open seats). Thus in
addition to category wise list a combined merit list of all the candidates will also be prepared.
For MD (Hospital Administration)
- Separate merit list will be prepared for each category.
- The candidates will need to score 35 marks to get the admission in for this particular course.
- Candidates of various categories, who will secure minimum marks (as set by the authorised body) in the entrance examination will be eligible for counselling.
- However, SC/ST/OBC candidates are eligible to apply against general category seats, as there is no seat reserved for this category.
For House Job ( Oral Health Sciences)
The candidates with minimum cut-off percentile in the entrance test as mentioned below against each category will be eligible for the admission.
PGIMER 2020 Cut Off January House Job (Oral Health Sciences)
Category- Wise Cut off Marks
OBC, PwBD, Scheduled Caste category
|General Category||55th percentile|
For DM/M.Ch Course
- The candidates need to obtain a minimum 35 marks in the theory examination to be eligible for counselling/interview for admission.
- The number of candidates to be called for counselling/interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category.
For Fellowships & Post Doctoral Fellowships PGI Course
- The Candidates (both general and sponsored/deputed) who will score at least 50% marks in the entrance exam will qualify for a final interview.
PGIMER 2020 Seat Matrix
The Seat Matrix is basically the number of seats offered to the applicants for a particular course and category. The candidates can check the PGIMER 2020 Seat Matrix for different courses below: