PTU CET 2021 or Punjab University Common Entrance Test 2021 will be conducted in May 2021 tentatively by I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU), Jalandhar as a University level entrance exam. PTU CET is conducted to offer admission to eligible candidates into various Undergraduate and postgraduate courses. PTU CET Application form for the academic session 2021-22 will be available in April 2021. Candidates can check this page to know more about PTU CET 2021 Important dates for admission procedure, the Application process, Admit card, courses, etc.
PTU CET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates for PTU CET 2021 from the table given below: :
|Online Application Release||April 2021|
|Last date of Application submission||May 2021|
|Admit card available|| a week before the exam|
|PTU CET 2021 Date||May 2021|
|Result Announcement||June 2021|
Dates in the above table are tentative based on the previous year's data and will update once the official dates are announced.
PTU CET 2021 Application Form
PTU CET 2021 Application Form will be released in April 2021 on the official website of Punjab University. Below mentioned are the steps candidates must go through while filling the online application form for PTU CET 2021 :
- Visit the official website and click on the link' Online Application form'.
- Click on 'New Registration' and enter a valid Email-Id and Mobile number.
- A user ID and Password will be generated, which would be needed for future references.
- Now log in using the User ID and Password to fill the main application form for PTU CET 2021
- Enter the details carefully, without missing any mandatory information.
- Upload the scanned copy of the photograph and signature as prescribed in the instructions.
- Submit the application form after verification and keep a print-out for future use.
PTU CET 2021 Application Fees
The Application fee can be submitted in both online and offline mode.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500/- for UR candidates and 250/- for SC/ST categories applicable to those applying for entrance exams.
- For online counseling, aspirants need to pay Rs – 2000/- as a counseling fee for choosing a particular course.
Mode of Payment:
- Online: Candidates can pay the application fee through a Credit card/ Debit Card
- Offline: Candidates can also send a demand draft in favor of 'Registrar, IKGPTU Payable at Jalandhar'.
- The counseling fee for a single course is INR 2000/-
PTU CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
PTU CET 2021 Eligibility is given in the below table. Candidates must check the below information to know their eligibility for the PTU CET exam.
- Candidates must have passed or appeared in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or any equivalent exam conducted by a recognized board or university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Candidates have to be a citizen of India. Foreign citizens will have the option to apply via the NRI quota.
- Candidates must be of 17 years of age as of 31st December 2020 to be eligible to apply for PU CET 2021.
- B.Tech: Aspirants need to have passed XII or the equivalent education with the subjects such as Math and physics as main and any of the non-compulsory subject such as Computer Science, Chemistry, Biotechnology and Biology
- B.Arch: Aspirants need to have passed XII or the equivalent education with at least 50% marks in Maths and English as the subjects of assessment.
- B.Pharmacy: Aspirants need to have passed XII with subjects such as Physics and Chemistry along with Computer Science, mathematics or bio-Technology or else three-year qualification in pharmacy with at least 50% mark.
- M.Tech: Candidates should have a B.E./B.Tech Degree in appropriate branch or equivalent with not less than 50% marks.
- MBA/MCA: Graduation/bachelor’s degree obtained through the 10+2+3 system or an equivalent qualification with a minimum aggregate of 50% or equivalent CGPA.
PTU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must have all the information regarding PTU CET Exam pattern 2021 so that they can attempt the exam more effectively. PTU CET 2021 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
Exam Pattern for PTU CET 2021
|Number of Sections||6|
|Time for each section||70 minutes|
|Number of questions in each section||60|
|Marks for each question||2|
|Total marks for each section||120|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR)|
Subject wise exam pattern for PTU CET 2021
|Subject||Total number of Questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Paper - I Physics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-II Chemistry||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - III Biology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - IV Mathematics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - V Biotechnology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - VI Computer Science||60||120||70 minutes|
PTU CET 2021 Syllabus
PTU CET 2021 Syllabus is given below which can be followed by the candidate to get an idea of what will they ask in the exam:
|Diversity in Living World||Computer Fundamentals||Sets and Functions|
|Structural Organization in animals and plants||Introduction to C++||Algebra|
|Cell Structure and Function||Programming Methodology||Coordinate Geometry|
|Plant Physiology||Programming in C++||Calculus|
|Human Physiology||Programming in C++||Mathematical Reasoning|
|Reproduction||Data Structures||Relations and Functions|
|Genetics and Evolution||Database Management System and SQL||Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry|
|Biology and Human Welfare||Boolean Algebra||Linear Programming|
|Biotechnology and its application||Networking and Open Source Software||Probability|
|Ecology and its environment||-||-|
|Some Basic concepts of chemistry||Physical-world and measurements||Introduction to Biotechnology|
|Structure of Atom||Kinematics||Biomolecules|
|Classification of Elements and periodicity of properties||Laws of motion||Cell and Development|
|Chemical bonding and molecular structure||Work, Energy, and Power||Genetics and Molecular Biology|
|States of matter, gases, and liquids||The motion of the System of Particles and rigid body||Protein and Gene Manipulation|
|Thermodynamics||Gravitation||Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation|
|Equilibrium||properties of bulk matter|| |
|Redox Reaction||Thermodynamics|| |
|Hydrogen||The behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory|| |
|s-Block Elements||Oscillation and Waves|| |
|Group 14 Elements||Electrostatics|| |
|Organic Chemistry||Current Electricity|| |
|Hydrocarbons||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|| |
|Environmental Chemistry||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|| |
|Solid State||Electromagnetic waves|| |
|Electrochemistry||Dual nature of matter and radiation|| |
|Chemical Kinetics||Atoms and nuclei|| |
|Surface Chemistry||Electronic Devices|| |
|General Principles and processes of isolation of elements||Communication systems|| |
|p- Block Elements||-|| |
|d and f Block Elements||-|| |
|Coordination Compounds||-|| |
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||-|| |
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||-|| |
The syllabus for PU CET PG courses will vary depending on the course chosen and candidates can refer to the official website.
PTU CET 2021 Preparation Tips
PTU CET 2021 Preparation tips are mentioned below which helps the candidate to score well in the exam:
- Candidates must go through the examination syllabus.
- The candidate should practice previous years' question papers.
- Make short notes of important topics for further use.
- Make stronger points even better and work on weak points as well.
PTU CET 2021 Admit Card
PTU CET 2021 Admit Card will be available online on the official website of Panjab University and candidates who will be appearing for the examination are requested to download and print a copy of their admit cards as it is a mandatory document to be carried to the examination center. For PTU CET 2021 Admit Card, candidates must keep these things in mind regarding their admit cards before they appear for the examination physically:
- Applicants are supposed to download their Admit cards from the official website as the Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any applicant.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination center without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
- Must carry a government Photo ID proof in original for cross verification.
PTU CET 2021 Result
PTU CET 2021 result will be declared soon within a month of the examination by I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University on its official website. The scorecard will be declared in the form of a rank list based on the marks secured by the candidate in PTU CET 2021.
PTU CET 2021 Counselling
PTU CET 2021 Counselling will start as soon as the results are announced mostly by the fourth week of July 2021. Candidates are requested to bring the below mentioned set of documents when they appear for the Counselling PTU CET 2021 failing to which their candidature might get canceled:
- Valid Government ID Proof
- PTU CET 2021 Admit Card
- PTU CET 2021 Scorecard
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Community Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
PTU CET 2021 Courses Offered
The courses offered by the PTU are:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Science Technology
- BA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- MA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- M.Phil in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
Humanities and Cultural Studies
- M.Phil English
- M.Phil Punjabi
- M.Phil Political Science
PTU CET 2021 Highlights
Applicants can check PTU CET 2021 basic information below in the given table:
|PTU CET 2021|
|I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University|
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses
|To offer various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses|
About I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar
I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU), formerly Punjab Technical University (PTU), is a state university. It was formulated on 16 January 1997 to promote technical, management, and pharmaceutical education in the state of Punjab at the degree level and above. Being an education and research university, it has the mandate to set up centers of excellence in emerging technologies for promoting training and research & development in these areas.