PTU CET 2020 or Punjab University Common Entrance Test 2020 application form will be available soon and is organised by the I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University(IKGPTU), Jalandhar (formerly known as Punjab Technical University). This is a state-level entrance exam conducted for candidates seeking admission to the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. PTU CET 2020 Important dates for admission procedure, the Application process, Admit card, courses and many more such topics in this article.
PTU CET 2020 Important Dates
PTU CET 2020 Important Dates are mentioned below in the table which is tentative :
|Online application form date||To be notified|
|Last date to fill the application form||To be notified|
|PTU CET 2020 Exam Date||To be notified|
| Result Date||To be notified|
Dates in the above table are tentative and will update once the official dates are announced.
PTU CET 2020 Application Form
PTU CET 2020 Application Form will be released on the Fourth week of May 2020 on the official website of Punjab University. Below mentioned are the steps candidates must go through while filling the online application form for PTU CET 2020 :
- Visit the official website and click on the link' Online Application form'.
- Click on 'New Registration' and enter a valid Email-Id and Mobile number.
- A user ID and Password will be generated, which would be needed for future references.
- Now log in using the User ID and Password to fill the main application form for PTU CET 2020
- Enter the details carefully, without missing any mandatory information.
- Upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature as prescribed in the instructions.
- Submit the application form after verification and keep a print-out for future use.
PTU CET 2020 Application Fees
The Application fee can be submitted in both online and offline mode.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500/- for UR candidates and 250/- for SC/ST categories applicable to those applying for entrance exams.
- For online counselling, aspirants need to pay Rs – 2000/- as a counselling fee for choosing a particular course.
Mode of Payment:
- Online: Candidates can pay the application fee through Credit card/ Debit Card
- Offline: Candidates can also send a demand draft in favour of 'Registrar, IKGPTU Payable at Jalandhar'.
- The counselling fee for a single course is INR 2000/-
PTU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
PTU CET 2020 Eligibility are given in the below table. Candidates must check the below information to know their eligibility for PTU CET exam.
PTU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
PTU CET 2020 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
Exam Pattern for PTU CET 2020
|Number of Sections||6|
|Time for each section||70 minutes|
|Number of questions in each section||60|
|Marks for each question||2|
|Total marks for each section||120|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR)|
|Subject||Total number of Questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Paper - I Physics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper-II Chemistry||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - III Biology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - IV Mathematics||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - V Biotechnology||60||120||70 minutes|
|Paper - VI Computer Science||60||120||70 minutes|
PTU CET 2020 Syllabus
PTU CET 2020 Syllabus is given below which can be followed by the candidate to get an idea of what will they ask in the exam:
|Diversity in Living World||Computer Fundamentals||Sets and Functions||Introduction to Biotechnology|
|Structural Organization in animals and plants||Introduction to C++||Algebra||Biomolecules|
|Cell Structure and Function||Programming Methodology||Coordinate Geometry||Cell and Development|
|Plant Physiology||Programming in C++||Calculus||Genetics and Molecular Biology|
|Human Physiology||Programming in C++||Mathematical Reasoning||Protein and Gene Manipulation|
|Reproduction||Data Structures||Relations and Functions||Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation|
|Genetics and Evolution||Database Management System and SQL||Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry||-|
|Biology and Human Welfare||Boolean Algebra||Linear Programming||-|
|Biotechnology and its application||Networking and Open Source Software||Probability||-|
|Ecology and its environment||-||-||-|
|Some Basic concepts of chemistry||Physical-world and measurements|
|Structure of Atom||Kinematics|
|Classification of Elements and periodicity of properties||Laws of motion|
|Chemical bonding and molecular structure||Work, Energy and Power|
|States of matter, gases and liquids|| Motion of System of Particles and rigid body|
|Equilibrium||properties of bulk matter|
|Hydrogen||Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory|
|s-Block Elements||Oscillation and Waves|
|Group 14 Elements||Electrostatics|
|Organic Chemistry||Current Electricity|
|Hydrocarbons||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Environmental Chemistry||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Solid State||Electromagnetic waves|
|Electrochemistry||Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Chemical Kinetics||Atoms and nuclei|
|Surface Chemistry||Electronic Devices|
|General Principles and processes of isolation of elements||Communication systems|
|p- Block Elements||-|
|d and f Block Elements||-|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||-|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||-|
The syllabus for PU CET PG courses will vary depending on the course chosen and candidates can refer to the official website.
PTU CET 2020 Preparation Tips
PTU CET 2020 Preparation tips are mentioned below which helps the candidate to score well in the exam:
- Candidates must go through the examination syllabus.
- Candidate should practice previous years question papers.
- Make short notes of important topics for further use.
- Make stronger points even better and work on weak points as well.
PTU CET 2020 Admit Card
PTU CET 2020 Admit Card will be available online on the official website and candidates who will be appearing for the examination are requested to download and print a copy of their admit cards as it is a mandatory document to be carried to the examination centre. For PTU CET 2020 Admit Card, candidates must keep these things in mind regarding their admit cards before they appear for the examination physically:
- Applicants are supposed to download their Admit cards from the official website as the Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any applicant.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination centre without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
- Must carry a government Photo ID proof in original for cross verification.
PTU CET 2020 Result
PTU CET 2020 result will be declared soon on the official website. The scorecard will be declared in the form of a rank list based on the marks secured by the candidate in PTU CET 2020.
PTU CET 2020 Counselling
PTU CET 2020 Counselling will start as soon as the results are announced mostly by the fourth week of July 2020. Candidates are requested to bring the below mentioned set of documents when they appear for the Counselling PTU CET 2020 failing to which their candidature might get cancelled:
- Valid Government ID Proof
- PTU CET 2020 Admit Card
- PTU CET 2020 Scorecard
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Community Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
PTU CET 2020 Courses Offered
The courses offered by the PTU are:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Science Technology
- BA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- MA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- M.Phil in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
Humanities and Cultural Studies
- M.Phil English
- M.Phil Punjabi
- M.Phil Political Science
PTU CET 2020 Highlights
Applicants can check PTU CET 2020 basic information below in the given table:
|PTU CET2020 |
|I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University|
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses
|To offer various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses|
About I.K. I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar
I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU), formerly Punjab Technical University (PTU), is a state university. It was formulated on 16 January 1997 to promote technical, management and pharmaceutical education in the state of Punjab at the degree level and above. Being an education and research university, it has the mandate to set up centres of excellence in emerging technologies for promoting training and research & development in these areas.