SRMJEEE 2024 Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech, B.Des, B.Sc, B.Arch & M.Tech courses is released by SRMIST. The candidates have to fulfil the eligibility requirements for all the courses to appear in the SRMJEEE 2024 exam. The exam for SRM Joint Entrance Test will be conducted on 21, 22 and 23 April 2024. Candidates must check the eligibility before applying for the exam. The candidates can check SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2024 details below in the complete article.
Exam Phases: SRMJEEE 2024 will be conducted in two phases. Phase 1 application will be accepted until April 13, and the exam is scheduled for April 19, 20, and 21. Phase 2 application will be accepted until June 15, with the exam taking place on June 21, 22, and 23.
SRMIST has released the Application form for SRMJEEE 2024, find the official link
SRMJEEE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SRMJEEE 2024 Examination is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must of Indian Origin, Non-Resident Indians (NRI), and PIO or OCI cardholders are eligible to appear for this particular examination. Although, the candidate must note that apart from the Indian Residents, other aspiring candidates who have not taken the SRMJEEE examination must apply under the International student category only.
- Qualifying Examination: For this particular criteria, the candidate must have passed any one of the exams as mentioned below:
- Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as the candidate’s major subjects in a full-time regular-stream.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as major subjects in any International schools.
- Age- The candidate who would be applying for the SRMJEEE 2024 Examination must be a minimum of 17 years of age while applying for it.
The candidate must note that there are important cases regarding eligibility that the candidate ought to know. If a candidate has not studied Mathematics as one of its major subjects in 11th and 12th standard, then they are only eligible for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering programmes.
Also, those candidates who have completed their 10th standard, as well as 12th in NIOS, certainly would not be considered for admission to any of the programmes of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) within India.
The candidates can check the below-mentioned eligibility criteria needed to be able to apply for the UG and PG engineering courses at SRM University.
For the B.Tech Courses:
(a) Nationality and Age for all the B.Tech courses
- Only Resident Indian or Non-Resident Indian (NRI) can apply
- The candidate should have attained the age of 16 + on July 31 of the calendar year in which the 12th Board examination is to be held
(b) Qualifying Examination:
SRM Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech programmes:
- Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM is required.
- Passed or appearing in 10+2 in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation are acceptable.
For the B.tech courses in B.Tech in Biotechnology, Biotechnology with specialization in Genetic Engineering, Biotechnology with specialization in Regenerative Medicine, and Electronics and Communication with a specialization in Biomedical Engineering:
- Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM / PCB is required
- Passed or appearing in 10+2 examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation is acceptable.
For the M.Tech Courses:
Candidates who wish to apply for the M.Tech courses have to check the course-specific eligibility that is certainly different for all the courses.
However, the basic requirement needed is:
- A basic degree or equivalent in the course-specific subject with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM
- (i) Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ICSE, Matriculation, or NIOS
- Note: Students who have completed +2 under NIOS must have completed the 10th standard from regular schooling or vice-versa.
- (ii) GCE A-level or International Baccalaureate(IB) diploma or IB certificate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies as major subjects (equivalent to Advanced Placement level in each subject) in any International schools within India.
- Note: Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination in not more than 2 attempts including an appearance for improvement will be considered for admission. The eligibility varies across campuses. For more details, please visit the respective websites.
SRMJEEE 2024 Application Form
The candidate who wishes to appear for the examination can fill the SRMJEEE Application Form 2024 which is available on the official website. Candidates must go through the given below points regarding SRMJEEE 2024 registration:
Online Application Process:
- SRMJEEE 2024 application form has been released on 22 November 2024.
- Visit the Official website of SRM University and click on the given Registration Link.
- Register through a valid Email ID or Mobile Number and fill in all the details asked in the SRMJEE application form carefully.
Candidates who wish to fill the application form in offline mode can get the SRMJEEE 2024 application form from the post office or the University.