SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech, B.Des, B.Sc, B.Arch & M.Tech courses have been released on the official website of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The candidates have to fulfil the eligibility requirements for all the courses to appear in the SRMJEEE 2020 exam. The exam for SRM Joint Entrance Test is scheduled to be held on 30 July to 04 August 2020. The candidates can check SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 details below in the complete article.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SRMJEEE 2020 Examination is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must of Indian Origin, Non-Resident Indians (NRI) and PIO or OCI card holders are eligible to appear for this particular examination. Although, the candidate must noted that apart from the Indian Residents, other aspiring candidates who have not taken the SRMJEEE examination must apply under the International student category only.
- Qualifying Examination: For this particular criteria, the candidate must have passed in any one of the exams as mentioned below:
- Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as the candidate’s major subjects in full-time regular stream.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as major subjects in any International schools.
- Age- The candidate who would be applying for the SRMJEEE 2020 Examination must be minimum 17 years of age while applying for it.
The candidate must note that there are important cases regarding to the eligibility that the candidate ought to know. If a candidate has not studied Mathematics as one of it’s major subjects in 11th and 12th standard, then they are only eligible for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering programmes.
Also, those candidates who have completed their 10th standard, as well as 12th in NIOS, certainly would not be considered for admission to any of the programmes of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) within India.
The candidates can check the below mentioned eligibility criteria needed to be able to apply for the UG an PG engineering courses in the SRM University.
For the B.Tech Courses:
(a) Nationality and Age for all the B.Tech courses
- Only Resident Indian or Non-Resident Indian (NRI) can apply
- Candidate should have attained the age of 16 + on the July 31 of the calendar year in which the 12th Board examination is to be held
(b) Qualifying Examination:
All B.Tech programmes:
- Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM is required.
- Passed or appearing in 10+2 in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation is acceptable.
For the B.tech courses in B.Tech in Biotechnology, Biotechnology with specialization in Genetic Engineering, Biotechnology with specialization in Regenerative Medicine, and Electronics and Communication with a specialization in Biomedical Engineering:
- Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM / PCB is required
- Passed or appearing in 10+2 examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation is acceptable.
For the M.Tech Courses:
Candidates who wishes apply for the M.Tech courses have to check the course specific eligibility that is certainly different for all the courses.
However, the basic requirement needed is:
- A basic degree or equivalent in the course specific subject with a minimum aggregate of 50%