SSC MTS 2020 entrance exam on 05-20 Cotober 2021. SSC MTS 2020 Application form has released on 05 February 2021. It is also known as the Staff Selection Commission Multitasking Staff. This exam is organised once a year at the national level. Those who will qualify for this exam will be selected for recruitment to the post of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff in different States and Union Territories. Applicants can read the complete article below to know more about the SSC MTS 2020 exam like application form, exam schedule, admit card, result, etc.
SSC MTS 2020 Exam Status
Candidates must check the information of SSC MTS 2020 which is mentioned below:
|Exam Status||Exam will be held on 05-20 October 2021|
- SSC MTS 2020 exam date has been released. The exam will be conducted on 05-20 October 2021.
SSC MTS 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates and events regarding the SSC MTS 2020 from the below-given table:
SSC MTS 2020 Dates
|Release date of notification||05 February 2021|
|The start date for the application||02 February 2021|
|Last date to apply||23 March 2021|
|Issuance of the admit card||July 2021|
|Paper 1 Exam date||01-20 July 2021 05-20 October 2021|
|Paper 2 exam date||21 November 2021|
SSC MTS 2020 Application Form
Before filling the form candidates must make sure that they are eligible to apply for SSC MTS 2020. Get the details regarding SSC MTS 2020 Application form below in the given points:
- Applicants must fill the form online on the web portal of the SSC.
- The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts: One-time Registration and Filling online Application.
- Should provide relevant and valid details only to avoid rejection of the form.
- Must make the fee payment to complete the form and appear in the exam.
- Upload the scanned copy of the required documents in the prescribed format only.
- While form filling candidates will have to select the centre for the exam at their convenience. Once chosen will not be edited.
- Must not fill multiple forms.
- Keep the registration details safely as will be required for other uses.
- Get the printout of the filled form and keep it safe till the admission process is done.
SSC MTS 2020 Application Fee
Applicants can check the fee for SSC MTS 2020 recruitment exam below in the given table:
SSC MTS 2020 Online form fee
|Women candidates and Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates, Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM||Exempted|
|Open categories and OBC candidates ||Rs 100/-|
The fee once paid will not be refunded by the conducting body nor will it be adjusted against any other exam or selection.
Modes of Payment - Following are the payment modes through which candidates can submit the fee:
- Online Mode - BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards
- Offline Mode - through cash in any of SBI branch by generating SBI Challan.
SSC MTS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check in the below-given points SSC MTS 2020 eligibility criteria and then apply accordingly:
- Nationality / Citizenship - A candidate seeking to apply must be either:
- An Indian citizen
- A Nepalese
- A Bhutanese
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before 01 January 1962, intending to become an Indian resident.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
- SSC MTS Age Limit
- Should have attained the age of minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years or 27 as of 01 August 2020.
- The requirement of Education Qualification
- The candidates must have passed the Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Applicants who are appearing in 10 std are also eligible to apply on a provisional basis.
SSC MTS 2020 Exam Pattern
Here is the exam pattern for SSC MTS 2020 for both papers.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2020
Paper, I for SSC MTS will be conducted online.
Paper-II - Offline
|Question Type ||Paper I - CBT and Paper-II - Subjective|
|Exam Duration||Paper I - 90 Minutes and Paper-II - 30 Minutes|
|Maximum marks||Paper I - 100 marks and Paper II - 50 marks|
|Total Questions||Paper I - 100 questions |
|Medium of Question||English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||Paper I - 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response and There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. |
Subject-wise distribution of marks and questions can be checked below nearby;
|Subjects||Number of question||Maximum marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||25|
- Paper 1 duration for a scribe - 120 Minutes
- Paper 2 duration for candidates availing scribe - 40 Minutes
SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus
To be able to get selected for SSC MTS, candidates can check the SSC MTS syllabus below and can prepare accordingly:
1. General intelligence and reasoning: Questions asked will be of non-verbal type like coding and decoding, problem-solving, figure classification, etc.
2. English language: Questions will be designed to test the comprehension ability of the candidate. Grammar, vocabulary, synonyms and antonyms, etc will be asked.
3. Numerical ability: Mostly questions will be based on an arithmetic section like number system, time and distance, time and work, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, etc.
4. General Awareness: History, Geography, General Polity, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, etc of matriculation level.
SSC MTS 2020 Preparation tips
Given below is the SSC MTS 2020 Preparation tips to score well in the entrance exam.
- Candidate must prepare topics of idiom/ phrases and one-word substitution for preparing English section.
- Learn formulas properly and practice some questions for improving the score of the Numerical ability section.
- First, try to understand the pattern of the question instead of jumping to find an answer.
- Applicants are advised to practice 10 to 12 previous year questions of SSC MTS.
- Candidates can refer to the below-given books for the preparation.
- Candidates are advised not to take the stress and make a proper timetable for each subject.
- Make proper notes which can be helpful for the last moment revision.
SSC MTS 2020 Admit Card
After the application form will be submitted the authority will issue the hall ticket to the candidates. Check the important points regarding same below in the given points:
- The authority will release the SSC MTS admit card 2020 on the official website.
- Candidates will have to visit the official website for SSC MTS admit card download.
- With the help od their user is and password provided at the time of registration admission ticket will be downloadable.
- Must keep the hall ticket safely till the admission recruitment process gets over.
SSC MTS 2020 Answer Key
As the exam will be over the SSC will release the answer key. Check more details in the points given below:
- The answer key will be displayed for MTS Paper I on the SSC website, SSC.nic.in.
- With the help of this those who have appeared in the exam can calculate their approximate exam score.
- Candidates will be allowed to object to the SSC MTS answer key. For each question, an amount will have to be paid which will be informed by the authority later.
SSC MTS 2020 Result
SSC MTS 2020 result will be declared online on the website of the SSC.
- To check the result for MTS candidates, have to log in to the SSC website and enter their login details - the user is and password.
- The final result will be declared as per age group-wise, state/UT wise, category wise cutoff.
- Once a candidate qualifies for the paper I then he/she will be called for paper II which is descriptive examination.
- To qualify paper-II candidates will have to score 40% marks for unreserved category and 35% for all reserved category candidates.
SSC MTS 2020 Resolving Ties
In cases where more than one candidates will secure equal aggregate marks in the SSC MTS exam 2020, the tie will be resolved by applying the following methods:
- Firstly, the total marks in Paper-II will be considered.
- If ties persist than Date of birth i.e. the candidate older in age gets preference.
- If both the above criteria will fail then the alphabetical order of the names will be considered.
SSC MTS 2020 Counselling
SSC MTS 2020 counselling will be conducted at the allotted centres. This stage will have documentation of a candidate for recruitment to various posts of MTS.
- Based on the performance in Paper-I and scoring the cut-off marks in Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for document verification. The eligible candidates whose documents will be found in order will be considered for final selection.
- Final selection and allocation of States/ UTs will be made based on the performance in Paper-I, the preference of States/ UTs given by them in the online application form and the age-group of the candidates.
- While going for counselling it is mandatory to carry the original documents.
SSC MTS 2020 Selection Process
Selection for SSC MTS 2020 will be done in three stages
- Paper I (MCQ) exam will be a computer-based examination.
- Paper-II is a descriptive examination.
- Document verification.
Admission Certificates for all stages of the examination will be issued online on the websites of the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission.
SSC MTS 2020 Test Centers
Below is the list of exam centres of SSC MTS:
SSC MTS 2020 Highlights
Check the basic information about SSC MTS below in the given table:
|Exam name||Staff Selection Commission Multitasking Staff(SSC MTS)|
|Exam conducting body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Level of exam ||National level|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|SSC MTS 2020 official website||https://ssc.nic.in/|
|Exam purpose||For recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff|
Stay connected to the entrance zone for more updates regarding SSC MTS 2020
Staff Selection Commission
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organisation under the Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and Subordinate Offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of the Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.