TANUVAS Admission 2020 Application form has been released for UG courses on 24 August 2020. The candidates can apply until 28 September 2020. Online applications for NRIs (Non-Resident Indians) /
Wards of NRIs / NRI Sponsored and Foreign Nationals is available from 28 August - 23 October 2020. Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University offers many undergraduate and postgraduate courses based on their academic performance such as BVSc & AH, B.Tech (Poultry Technology), B.Tech (Food Technology) and B.Tech (Dairy Technology), M.Sc In Bioinformatics, M.Sc in Biotechnology, MVSc / M.Tech (FT) Degree Programmes, etc. Candidates must read eligibility criteria carefully before applying for admission through online mode. The candidates must go through the complete article to know more about TANUVAS Admission 2020 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
- The online application process has been started from 24 August 2020 for all UG courses.
TANUVAS 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates and events regarding the TANUVAS Admission 2020 form the below-given table:
|Events||UG Course Dates||PG Course Dates|
|Application Form(Apply Online) ||24 August 2020||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Apply||28 September 2020||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||notified soon||To be Announced|
|Exam Date||notified soon||To be Announced|
|Result Declarations||notified soon||To be Announced|
TANUVAS 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates can apply for TANUVAS 2020 Application Form by filling the Application Form online and online payment followed by offline submission at the University. The applicants can apply by following the given steps:
- Applicant has to fill the online application form from the official website of the university.
- After filling all the details, Candidate has to pay the application fee (depends on the course chosen) using a Credit, Debit card or via Net Banking or Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) mode only.
- Applicants are advised to take the printout of the application form.
- Do not send the hard copy of the form to the office of the university.
Candidates have to keep the following documents ready for the counselling:
- Counselling Call Letter
- XII Mark Sheet
- Qualifying Exam Mark Sheet
- Pass Certificates of X, XII and Graduation (as applicable)
- Community Certificate and Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Special Category Certificates like Differently Abled, Sports, Ex-Servicemen
TANUVAS 2020 Application Fee
Given below the TANUVAS admission 2020 registration fee for UG Courses.
Registration Fee for TANUVAS 2020 for UG Courses
|BVSc & AH||Rs. 350/-||Rs. 700/-|
|B.Tech. Courses ( Food Technology, Poultry Technology & Dairy Technology)||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 1200/-|
TANUVAS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying candidates must go through the TANUVAS 2020 eligibility criteria containing Nationality, Domicile, Age Limit, and Qualifying exam, etc.
- Candidate must fulfil the Courses Eligibility Criteria according to the course. For further Applicants can refer to the following article.
- Applicants who belong to a reserved category should score more than passing marks that are a minimum of 35% marks in the qualifying exam.
- In the case of general category applicants, more than 60% of marks should be secured by the applicants in the qualifying exam.
- To appear for the admission procedure, the minimum age limit of the applicant should be more than 17 years at the time of admission.
- However, the upper age limit for general category applicants is 21 years at the time of admission.
- For reserved category applicants, no upper age limit is decided by the official authorities.
- Applicants should reside in Tamil Nadu state to appear for the admission.
Candidate must ensure they fulfil the eligibility criteria as per the course depending on various specialisation.
- BVSc. & AH (5-year) - The candidate should have passed XII with PCB with a minimum of 60% marks (SC/ST candidates have to pass the exam) and the candidate has to score 60% marks in Biology and vocational subjects (Agricultural practices, Dairy or Poultry).
- B.Tech in Poultry Science/Dairy Technology/Food Technology - The candidate should have passed XII with PCMB with a minimum of 60% marks. SC/ST candidates have to pass the XII exam.
- M.V.Sc. - Candidates must have B.V.Sc. Or B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry degree from any recognized college of the Veterinary Council of India.
- M.Tech in Food Technology -Applicants who have completed B.Tech. in Food Processing Technology, Food Engineering, Dairy Technology or equivalent course with minimum 55% marks can apply.
- M.Sc.in Bioinformatics - The applicants should hold a BVS / B.V.Sc and AH / MBBS / BDS degree, or should have done B.Sc. in Agriculture, Life Science, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology or Pharmacology with at least 50% marks.
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology - Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology / Molecular Biology / Gene Technology / Animal Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Environmental Sciences / Genetics.
- PG Diploma Programs - Candidates who have done graduation in the relevant stream can apply for PG Diploma Programs.
- PhD Admission - Applicants must have a Masters degree in the relevant stream with minimum 55% marks.
Reservation criteria of Seats
Given below the category wise seat reservation criteria:
|Category||Seats in %|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC) ||26.5|
|Backward Class Muslims (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class (MBC) / Denotified Communities|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyars (SCA) ||3|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1|
TANUVAS 2020 Counselling
Selection for admission to the UG and PG courses will be done through the TANUVAS admission 2020 counselling on basis of merit of aggregate marks duly following the reservation of
Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The exact date of counselling will be provided to the individuals through SMS and Email.
- The counselling notification will be published in the University Website.
- The candidates who are eligible for counselling can download their counselling call letters from the university website only.
- Calling for counselling does not ensure the selection of the candidate.
- Candidate need to be present in person for the counseling on the given schedule.
Documents Required during the admission process
Provisional/Degree certificate of Bachelor and Master degree
ii) Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate
iii) Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied
iv) Mark Sheets / Report Cards / Transcript Card of Bachelor’s and Masters degree
v) Community Certificate
Failure to submit any of the above documents will make the candidate ineligible for admission.
TANUVAS 2020 Highlights
Given below the vital points regarding TANUVAS 2020.
|Exam name||TANUVAS 2020(Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University)|
|Conducting body||Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University|
|TANUVAS Official Website||http://www.tanuvas.ac.in/index.html|
|Courses offered||Various undergraduate and postgraduate courses like BVSc & AH, B.Tech (Poultry Technology), B.Tech (Food Technology) and B.Tech (Dairy Technology), M.Sc In Bioinformatics, M.Sc in Biotechnology, MVSc / M.Tech (FT) Degree Programmes, etc. |
Stay connected for more update regarding TANUVAS Admission 2020
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
The seed for the establishment and growth of TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876 when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college in the year 1903 (01.10.1903), when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College). Based on the recommendation of the Royal Commission on Agriculture, the college was upgraded to impart degree in veterinary science.