TNEA 2020 also known as the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission will be organized by Anna University, Chennai. The exam is conducted once a year at the State level. Admission into various engineering institutions situated in the state of Tamil Nadu is provided based on marks of 10+2 level and counselling organized by the University. The application form will be released in April 2020 on the official website. Through TNEA, admission is offered in undergraduate programmes of B.E and B.Tech. The admission is taken based on the Single Window Admission System. Several colleges located in Tamil Nadu accepts TNEA Scores to provide admission in the offered engineering programmes. Please go through the complete article below to know more about the TNEA 2020 exam details.
TNEA 2020 Application Form
The notification of TNEA 2020 is going to be released within the last week of April 2020. Aspirants will check below the entire info of TNEA 2020 application form:
- TNEA 2020 form is filled by the scholars through on-line mode from the first week of May 2020.
- The Online registration method of TNEA 2020 can embody numerous steps like registration, filling the form, payment of application fee and sending of application form with the desired documents.
- Aspirants need to apply for single form for numerous courses and faculties.
- The last date to fill the applying form online and submit it with the desired documents is until the initial week of July 2020.
- Aspirants should fill the applying form properly as no modification or correction within the form are going to be allowed later.
- The filled-in form must be submitted with the desired documents before the last date to the below-mentioned address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025
Documents to be needed with the applying form are
- 10th and twelfth Mark sheets and Passing Certificates
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent community certificate
- 12th Std Admit Card
- First graduate certificate and initial graduate joint declaration
- Nativity certificate (If applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil exile certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of Army personnel
TNEA 2020 Application Fee
Check the application fee details for TNEA below:
TNEA Registration Fees 2020
|General category aspirants
|Reserved category aspirants
Note - For each special reservation category - Rs. 100/- (Additional)
Mode of Payment -
Payment of application can be made through net banking, credit/debit card, e-challan and Demand Draft.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The TNEA eligibility criteria can be checked below in the given points:
- The aspirants should belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and ought to have completed their class XII from the state.
- Aspirants who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu but have completed class XII from the state are also eligible to apply.
- Wards of central government employees can apply for admissions irrespective of whether they are natives of the state provided their parents or guardians have been serving in the state of Tamil Nadu for the past five years continuously.
- Such aspirants are required to submit a certificate in support of this, issued by the employer of his/her parent or guardian.
- Tamil Nadu native aspirants who have completed their class XII from schools situated outside the state are also eligible to apply provided they have to submit a valid nativity certificate. The nativity certificate should be enclosed in the digital format only.
- Wards of the public sector or government employees can also apply irrespective of their domicile provided their parent/guardian has been employed in the state of Tamil Nadu for the past five years continuously and they should produce a certificate of evidence to this end.
- Admissions are also open towards all India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers.
- The age of the aspirants should not be less than 18 years & should not exceed 25 years.
- For the reserved category aspirants, there is age relaxation as per the university rules.
- Passed intermediate (10+2) or equivalent examination with PCM as a compulsory subject from a recognized board.
- Aspirants have to secure 50% marks (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category) in the above qualification.
TNEA 2020 Result
The TNEA 2020 result will be declared on the official website of the conducting body. The applicants also go through the below points to know more about the same:
- The results will be declared in the month of the third week of June 2020.
- The admission to the course will be based on the results as well as the merit list prepared by the University.
- Aspirants need to attend counselling to complete the process of admission to the desired course after fulfilling all the eligibility criteria.
- The results will be hosted on the official website of the University.
TNEA 2020 Selection Process
Applicants can check the TNEA 2020 Selection Process hearby:
- The entire admission process of TNEA 2020 will be done through the counselling which will be based on the marks obtained by the aspirants in class 12th or equivalent.
- The authority will publish a rank list of the aspirants selected for counselling on its official website. Then the aspirants will be sorted into groups and will go through the choice locking process to choose their preferred college and branch.
- Seat allotment will depend on the rank and the order of preference of the choices made by the aspirants. Therefore, choosing the right choices and ordering them properly is important.
- If an aspirant is not satisfied with the seat, he/she may choose to appear for the next round of the counselling till he/she is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her.
- In the last stage, aspirants must report the allotted college within the stipulated time to finish admission related formalities. Failing to report to the concerned college on time will result in cancellation of the seat allotted to that aspirants.
TNEA 2020 Cut-Off can be checked here
TNEA 2020 Counseling
Aspirants who will secure their names in the merit list will be invited to attend Tamil Nadu Engineering counselling. Anna University will manage the entire counselling process. The counselling will be held most probably in July 2020. Aspirants have to report on given date and time.
- Those who will not appear in the prescribed date and time will not get a further chance for admission.
- The admission to any individual will be based on his/her percentage in the qualifying exam, rank in the merit list and seat availability.
- However, the decision of the competent authority in respect of admission will be final. Aspirants need to produce the original documents to the TNEA Facilitation Center (TFC) for verification.
Documents required at the time TNEA Counselling
Here are the documents needed for verification during the TNEA 2020 counselling-
- 10th Mark Sheet
- Mark Sheet of HSC or its equivalent exam
- Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (Permanent card / electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate) as applicable
- HSC admit card
- Transfer Certificate
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate) as applicable
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate as applicable
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-Serviceman, Differently-Abled Person and Eminent Sports Persons as applicable
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate as applicable
TNEA 2020 Highlights
The highlights for TNEA 2020 are as follows:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Once a year
TNEA 2020 Official Website
About Anna University
The Anna University was established in the year 1978. It is a technical university in Tamil Nadu. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai & the satellite campus is in Chromepat, Chennai.
The Anna University has six government engineering colleges, three government-aided private institutions, and 426 self-financing colleges.