TNEA 2021 Counselling dates will be updated after the merit list is released. Qualified candidates have to register within the given due date. Each candidate will be grouped according to their rank and each has to participate in counselling sessions according to their turn. There will be 4-5 rounds of counselling with various activities that candidates have to participate in. Candidates can check all the detail regarding TNEA 2021 Counselling from this article.
Documents required for TNEA 2021 Counselling
For the verification purpose, candidates need to bring the below-mentioned documents to the TNEA Facilitation Center (TFC):
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark sheet and HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate( DNC, BC, ST, SC, SCA, MBC, and BCM).
- Birth Certificate
- Family Income certificate
- First Graduate Joint Declaration and First Graduate Certificate
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate – If applicable
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation have to show the following certificates-
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen (Parents).
- Sportspersons will have to bring their all sports achievements certificates with the necessary forms.
- Impaired abled persons will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board.
- Disabled candidates will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board.
- Sportspersons will have to carry their all sports achievements certificates.
TNEA 2021 Counselling Process
The TNEA 2021 counselling process will have the following steps:
- Publication of eligible applicants on the website of the authority responsible to conduct the admission process.
- Payment of Counselling fee - Applicants should pay an initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- for open category and Rs. 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, through online mode of payment (Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card / Demand Draft ) by using the TNEA portal.
- Adding Choices - After successful completion of payment, those applicants in the current round can add choices to their list (in order of preference) to be considered for allotment.
- Locking Choices - After adding the choices, applicants should lock their choices.
- Tentative Allotment - After the locking of choices by the applicants, allotment will be done on the choice based on rank and the applicant’s order of preferences.
- Submission of Allotment Options - After the tentative allotment, the applicant shall either confirm or decline the allotment.
- Final Allotment - After the submission of the allotment options, the authority will release the final allotment list based on rank and the applicant’s allotment options that have been submitted.
- Admission - After the final allotment, the applicant has to report to the respective college for joining on or before the last date specified in the provisional allotment order. In case the applicant failed to join before the last date specified, her/his seat will be cancelled.
TNEA 2021 Reservation in Seat Allocation
Seat allocation will be based on the category wise reservation. This given detail is based on the previous year's details. The following table shows the reservation percentage for each category for TNEA 2021
|Scheduled Caste||15.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00 %|
|Scheduled Tribes||1.00 %|
|Open Competition||31.00 %|
|Backward Class||26.50 %|
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50 %|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00 %|