TNEA 2020 Counselling is expected to start in July after the merit list will be displayed based on the marks obtained in the relevant subjects, namely, Maths, Physics and Chemistry which will be reduced to 200 marks. The applicants will be grouped based on their rank in the qualifying exam and each group of applicants will be allowed to participate in counselling according to their turn. There will be 4-5 rounds of counselling for TNEA for performing various activities in a particular round. The details of counselling are given in this article, hence, read the full article to know the details.
TNEA 2020 Counselling Dates
The candidates can check the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 counselling date below in the given table:
TNEA 2020 Counselling Dates (Tentative)
|Round 1||12 July|
|Round 2||17 July|
|Round 3||22 July|
|Round 4 ||Last week of July|
The dates will be notified here on the EntranceZone page as the official notification will be released by the authority.
Documents required for TNEA 2020 Counselling
For the verification purpose, candidates need to bring the below-mentioned documents to the TNEA Facilitation Center (TFC):
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark sheet and HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate( DNC, BC, ST, SC, SCA, MBC and BCM).
- Birth Certificate
- Family Income certificate
- First Graduate Joint Declaration and First Graduate Certificate
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate – If applicable
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation have to show the following certificates-
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen (Parents).
- Sportspersons will have to bring their all sports achievements certificates with necessary forms.
- Impaired abled persons will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board.
- Disabled candidates will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board.
- Sportspersons will have to carry their all sports achievements certificates.
TNEA 2020 Counselling Process
The TNEA 2020 counselling process will have the following steps:
- Publication of eligible applicants on the website of the authority responsible to conduct the admission process.
- Payment of Counselling fee - Applicants should pay an initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- for open category and Rs. 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, through online mode of payment (Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card / Demand Draft ) by using the TNEA portal.
- Adding Choices - After successful completion of payment, those applicants in the current round can add choices to their list (in order of preference) to be considered for allotment.
- Locking Choices - After adding the choices, applicants should lock their choices.
- Tentative Allotment - After the locking of choices by the applicants, allotment will be done on the choice based on rank and the applicant’s order of preferences.
- Submission of Allotment Options - After the tentative allotment, the applicant shall either confirm or decline the allotment.
- Final Allotment - After the submission of the allotment options, the authority will release the final allotment list based on rank and the applicant’s allotment options that have been submitted.
- Admission - After the final allotment, the applicant has to report to the respective college for joining on or before the last date specified in the provisional allotment order. In case the applicant failed to join before the last date specified, her/his seat will be cancelled.
TNEA 2020 Reservation in Seat Allocation
Seat allocation will be based on the category wise reservation. This given detail is based as per the previous year's details. The following table shows the reservation percentage for each category for TNEA 2020
|Scheduled Caste||15.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00 %|
|Scheduled Tribes||1.00 %|
|Open Competition||31.00 %|
|Backward Class||26.50 %|
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50 %|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00 %|