TNEA 2023 Counselling will start from July 7, 2023. Qualified candidates are given a chance to register within the given due date. Each candidate will be grouped according to their rank and each has to participate in counselling sessions according to their turn. There will be 4-5 rounds of counselling with various activities that candidates have to participate in. Candidates can check all the detail regarding TNEA 2023 Counselling from this article.
- TNEA Counselling 2023 Round 2 Allotment Result: The Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Tamil Nadu, has declared the provisional allotment result for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA 2023) round 2.
- Allotment Confirmation and Reporting: Candidates who have been allocated seats in the second round of counselling need to confirm their seats by 5 pm tomorrow, August 13, and report to their allotted colleges within 5 days.
- How to Check Allotment: Students who registered for the second round of counselling can view the TNEA round 2 tentative allotment 2023 on the official website, tneaonline.org.
- Important Notice: The official website emphasizes the need for candidates to confirm their allotment by the specified deadline; otherwise, the allotment will be deemed canceled.
- Eligible Categories: The TNEA round 2 provisional allotment 2023 has been released for categories including 7.5 percent government school students, differently-abled, sports, and ex-servicemen candidates.
Aspirants in TNEA Counselling 2023 will need to choose from the following options:
Accept and Join: Candidates content with their allotted seat can download the provisional allotment order and report to the college on the specified date for admission. Failure to report will exclude them from subsequent rounds.
Accept and Upward: Candidates satisfied with the allotted seat but wishing for a higher preference in the following upward movement can choose this option.
Decline and Upward: Candidates not satisfied with the current seat allocation but desiring a higher preference can decline the allotment and wait for upward movement. If their preferred allotment isn't available in upward movement, they will be carried over to the next round.
Decline and Move to Next Round: Candidates unsatisfied with their current seat choice and not interested in upward movement can opt for this. They are willing to participate in the next round.
Decline and Quit: Candidates not content with their seat allotment and also not willing to participate in any subsequent rounds can choose this option.
Upward or Move to Next Round: If a candidate receives no seat based on their choices, they can opt for upward movement. If a seat becomes available during upward movement, it will be allotted. If no seats are available, the candidate will be moved to the next round.
Tamil Nadu TNEA 2023 Rank List Released: Important Points to Know
- The Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) has issued the rank list for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) 2023.
- Candidates can access the TNEA rank list by logging in to the official website, tneaonline.org, using their registered email addresses and passwords.
- The TNEA 2023 rank list is categorized into General, Physically Challenged, and Reserved categories.
- Candidates who have any queries or grievances regarding their TNEA 2023 ranks can contact the TFC (TNEA Facilitation Centre) until June 30 (4 pm).
- The TNEA exam is conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes (BTech courses) in various institutes across Tamil Nadu.
Note: The specific details and guidelines for raising grievances against the TNEA 2023 rank list should be referred to on the official website.
TNEA 2023 Counselling Dates
TNEA Counselling Dates
June 26 to 30
Counseling for Special Reservation categories (Online).
1. Differently Abled
July 2 to 5
General Counseling (Online)
2. Govt. School 7.5% category
July 7 to August 24
Supplementary Counseling (Online)
August 28 to 30
SCA to SC counseling (Online)
September 1 to 3
End of counseling
Documents required for TNEA 2023 Counselling
For the verification purpose, candidates need to bring the below-mentioned documents to the TNEA Facilitation Center (TFC):
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark sheet and HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate( DNC, BC, ST, SC, SCA, MBC, and BCM).
- Birth Certificate
- Family Income certificate
- First Graduate Joint Declaration and First Graduate Certificate
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate – If applicable
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation have to show the following certificates-
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen (Parents).
- Sportspersons will have to bring their all sports achievements certificates with the necessary forms.
- Impaired abled persons will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board.
- Disabled candidates will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board.
- Sportspersons will have to carry their all sports achievements certificates.
TNEA 2023 Counselling Process
The TNEA 2023 counselling process will have the following steps:
- Publication of eligible applicants on the website of the authority responsible to conduct the admission process.
- Payment of Counselling fee - Applicants should pay an initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- for open category and Rs. 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, through online mode of payment (Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card / Demand Draft ) by using the TNEA portal.
- Adding Choices - After successful completion of payment, those applicants in the current round can add choices to their list (in order of preference) to be considered for allotment.
- Locking Choices - After adding the choices, applicants should lock their choices.
- Tentative Allotment - After the locking of choices by the applicants, allotment will be done on the choice based on rank and the applicant’s order of preferences.
- Submission of Allotment Options - After the tentative allotment, the applicant shall either confirm or decline the allotment.
- Final Allotment - After the submission of the allotment options, the authority will release the final allotment list based on rank and the applicant’s allotment options that have been submitted.
- Admission - After the final allotment, the applicant has to report to the respective college for joining on or before the last date specified in the provisional allotment order. In case the applicant failed to join before the last date specified, her/his seat will be cancelled.
TNEA 2023 Reservation in Seat Allocation
Seat allocation will be based on the category wise reservation. This given detail is based on the previous year's details. The following table shows the reservation percentage for each category for TNEA 2023
|Scheduled Caste||15.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00 %|
|Scheduled Tribes||1.00 %|
|Open Competition||31.00 %|
|Backward Class||26.50 %|
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50 %|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00 %|